Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7743 7744 [7745] 7746 7747 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15776685 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #116160 on: November 16, 2013, 03:53:31 pm »

http://www.loper-os.org/bad-at-entropy/manmach.html

Interesting little game, you have to try to be random enough that the computer can't guess your moves. It's pretty neat.
For a good 60 turns or so, I had a foos 2:1 lead. I stopped when it got to man159- machine185. I suppose that would put me in "well above average" territory.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116161 on: November 16, 2013, 03:57:10 pm »

Slept 12 hours, had nightmares, woke up feeling a lot better.  Phew.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116162 on: November 16, 2013, 03:58:56 pm »

http://www.loper-os.org/bad-at-entropy/manmach.html

Interesting little game, you have to try to be random enough that the computer can't guess your moves. It's pretty neat.

Apparently developed as a method for teaching proper cryptography cyphers that aren't easy for computers to guess. I managed to make it up to 30 and keep the machine on its toes so far. It's not really easy, though; takes awareness of your own patterns.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #116163 on: November 16, 2013, 04:16:47 pm »

Randomly pressing buttons works okay.
I have to pause every 6 entries or so to make sure I don't repeat myself though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116164 on: November 16, 2013, 04:17:49 pm »

And as the world comes to an end
I'll be here to hold your hand
'Cause you're my king and I'm your lionheart~

I am reasonably sure I started the Men and Monsters fad in bay12 :v
I would have thought it would be the local radio station... They get played all the time here.

Love the film clip for 'Little talks', it is essentially what it is like to be the really OP class in D&D.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #116165 on: November 16, 2013, 06:06:31 pm »

Oooh.... I found out why the dehacked patch that increased the bullet capacity in brutal doom was removed. It causes problems with mods with built in dehacked functionality (Which is specifically why the nazi was removed, given the SS is often turned into a new monster).

I guess I better see about fixing it with a new ammo type later tonight.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116166 on: November 16, 2013, 06:08:57 pm »

Fuck everything else in my perceived world right now. I have Reese's Puffs and they are fucking delicious.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116167 on: November 16, 2013, 06:10:29 pm »

Oooh.... I found out why the dehacked patch that increased the bullet capacity in brutal doom was removed. It causes problems with mods with built in dehacked functionality (Which is specifically why the nazi was removed, given the SS is often turned into a new monster).

I guess I better see about fixing it with a new ammo type later tonight.
Oh. I thought you knew, otherwise I would have mentioned it. I imagine Sarge will eventually find a work-around of his own, but given his release schedule I'm glad to have your work in the meantime.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116168 on: November 16, 2013, 06:11:24 pm »

Fuck everything else in my perceived world right now. I have Reese's Puffs and they are fucking delicious.
Oh man, now I'm all nostalgic feeling. I wonder if his store has Reese's Puffs...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116169 on: November 16, 2013, 06:14:38 pm »

Oh man, now I'm all nostalgic feeling. I wonder if his store has Reese's Puffs...
They still make Reese's Puffs. Safeway, the store I go to, once in a while has them on sale for four boxes for $5.00 USD. That keeps me fed for at least two to four weeks.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #116170 on: November 16, 2013, 06:15:33 pm »

Oh. I thought you knew, otherwise I would have mentioned it. I imagine Sarge will eventually find a work-around of his own, but given his release schedule I'm glad to have your work in the meantime.

I totally forgot. Dehacked is something I don't mess with often anymore.

It's an easy fix too. You just make a new bullet ammo type functionally identical to the current one and use the replaces function. Then set the guns to use the new ammo type. I'm genuinely surprised he was using the dehacked method in old versions after I rediscovered the one patch limit. Seems... Lazy.

Maybe Ill try and make a decorate brutal doom compliant version of the evil marine from scythe 2 for fun later on too. I know someone else did the same for the ifrit but I have no idea where that is, or who that was.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #116171 on: November 16, 2013, 06:37:53 pm »

Yesterday, I played guitar hero for the first time in... oh, I'd say a year.

I FC'd the solo to Bloodlines by Dethklok on sightread. Woohoo!

Also, the fingers on my left hand are sore after playing this song.

I didn't know that could even happen.
Do it in Rocksmith!

As paradoxical as it might seem, some songs are harder, MUCH harder on GH than in Rocksmith. GH fingerings are completely arbitrary and there is no fungibility between frets you pick.

Plus, people who memorize GH fingerings of an entire song are perceived to radiate lethal amounts of nerdiation, whereas if you memorize the actual fingering and are able to pull it off technically on a guitar, you are unquestionably awesome.

also they're not really comparable, like trying to say "why don't you jump gaps for real instead of playing poser mario" or whatever

I play the guitar for real, but Guitar Hero is damn fun.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116172 on: November 16, 2013, 06:58:04 pm »

They still make Reese's Puffs. Safeway, the store I go to, once in a while has them on sale for four boxes for $5.00 USD. That keeps me fed for at least two to four weeks.

I am getting in the car. And going to the store. Right now.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #116173 on: November 16, 2013, 07:03:09 pm »

Somewhat guitar related. I played guitar most of the day today instead of just playing video games all day and telling myself I'd play guitar later. I feel so productive.

Learned to play My Own Worst Enemy by Lit, learning Mr Brightside by the Killers and trying to incorporate the bass rhythm into the guitar so I can play both at once for luls, and I'm making some sorta progress on learning Breeze by Bulb. My tone is awful for it, (read: not like the original) and my rhythm could be better, but at least I can play the starting couple riffs and it sounds like it.

Admittedly this was all done with tabs, so it's not really all that special, but it's better than not playing guitar at all like the last couple weeks.

Heck yeah, guitar jammin'.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116174 on: November 16, 2013, 07:05:48 pm »

Admittedly this was all done with tabs, so it's not really all that special, but it's better than not playing guitar at all like the last couple weeks.
I wouldn't say that, I can play sheet music fine but tabs are completely lost on me. How do you even read that shit?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 7743 7744 [7745] 7746 7747 ... 13325