Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7707 7708 [7709] 7710 7711 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15749234 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #115622 on: November 04, 2013, 05:14:00 pm »

In my war against the fruit flies which have invaded my apartment, my kill count is over a dozen. Mostly with bathroom cleaning spray. A couple squirts, and their spiracles are filled with lovely chemical warfare.
Just put up some shot glasses of vinegar, and check for rotting stuff - chemical weapons are best used for area denial, not for offense operations.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #115624 on: November 04, 2013, 05:42:13 pm »

In my war against the fruit flies which have invaded my apartment, my kill count is over a dozen. Mostly with bathroom cleaning spray. A couple squirts, and their spiracles are filled with lovely chemical warfare.
Locate rotting fruit or vegetables, remove them.

If you cannot, look for the area with the highest concentration, place vinegar, spray with liberal amounts of cleaning spray/insect spray and seal off that room from the rest of the house.

Aww, come on, let's not limit ourselves. Set the house on fire, whatever survives the smoke will die of heat and carbon oxides.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115625 on: November 04, 2013, 06:52:22 pm »

Internet upgrade, from 3Mbps to 15Mbps, this makes me happy

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #115626 on: November 04, 2013, 08:25:59 pm »

A sacred cow has been slaughtered. The numbers are much cleaner and easier to grok, now. Ripple effects will result in significant simplifications elsewhere in the rules. I'm so pleased by this that, once I get those changes in place, I'll spend all day drawing magic circles instead of writing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115627 on: November 04, 2013, 08:55:53 pm »

As a person who has killed perhaps hundreds of flies, and has become so attuned to the flight pattern of flies I can actually swat them with my hand (It rarely succeeds in killing them though, although that one time I crippled a flies wing that way and it fell helplessly to the ground was nice), I can assure you attrition will not succeed. Their numbers will seem endless, without equal, but they will always have maggots waiting in the wings. You must crush their base, eliminate their food, cut them off from reinforces, and then rout them.

I am planning a massive assault myself; with the advent of winter, I will gain a powerful new weapon against them: Freezing the house. In addition, I will soon be deploying my Honey-vinegar traps, which always net many flies (if leading to the sight of numerous flies struggling against the viscous honey, slowly running out their energy and drowning.) I am still attempting to clean out all possible food sources, but this is difficult.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115628 on: November 04, 2013, 10:30:14 pm »

I'm not depressed for a change. That's always nice.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #115629 on: November 05, 2013, 12:28:10 am »

@misko

Don't swat. Grab.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115630 on: November 05, 2013, 01:06:00 am »

* Yoink  shows up just in time to read that post free of context.

??? Erm, alrighty then. Anyway, I just bought laces for the old combat boots I bought for cheap the other day.
Still no internet, though. Oh well. Thinking I'll set up my laptop regardless and play some DF.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115631 on: November 05, 2013, 05:46:25 am »

I have found the magic that is Bitstrips.
Facebook posts will never be boring again!
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #115633 on: November 05, 2013, 09:19:06 am »

I like my new avatar.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #115634 on: November 05, 2013, 09:26:09 am »

Who's that?
Pages: 1 ... 7707 7708 [7709] 7710 7711 ... 13325