Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7698 7699 [7700] 7701 7702 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762838 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #115485 on: November 01, 2013, 04:39:08 pm »

I have a warm cup of tea.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #115486 on: November 01, 2013, 04:46:19 pm »

I have a warm cup of tea.

I just finished mine. I should get another.

In tea news, my new favorite is Chocolate Cream Truffles from ESP emporium. One of the best flavored teas I've had in a long time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115487 on: November 01, 2013, 04:53:27 pm »

And so my friend showed me how to gba emulate on an ipad. Now I shall finally play the super robot wars games! :D

I whole-heartedly support this moment of happiness (and rub my hands with evil glee due to the R-Gun Rivale). It's a shame that only two of the games were released in North America though (not counting the spin-off rpg or the fan translations of 1, 3, Alpha Gaiden and J obviously).

Protip: SP Regenerate and Attacker weren't buyable after OG2 for a reason.

Protip 2: Ryusei's campaign is canon, while only the first half of Kyosuke's is.

Protip 3: I am a huge fucking nerd.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:39:07 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #115488 on: November 01, 2013, 05:40:24 pm »

Quote from: spambot
Stallone and Schwarzenegger, both action heroes have intense harmony on screen. They complement each other with their histrionics and banter. While Schwarzenegger is charismatic and chirpy, Stallone broods with his constantly grumpy mannerisms. What’s more? The exposition of Breslin’s motive is lost in Stallone’s drawl, thereby killing the entire emotional spirit of the tale.

You're trying to get me to watch the movie, stupid bot :P

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #115489 on: November 01, 2013, 06:12:33 pm »

And so my friend showed me how to gba emulate on an ipad. Now I shall finally play the super robot wars games! :D

I whole-heartedly support this moment of happiness (and rub my hands with evil glee due to the R-Gun Rivale). It's a shame that only two of the games were released in North America though (not counting the spin-off rpg or the fan translations of 1, 3, Alpha Gaiden and J obviously).

Protip: SP Regenerate and Attacker weren't buyable after OG2 for a reason.

Protip 2: Ryusei's campaign is canon, while only the first half of Kyosuke's is.

Protip 3: I am a huge fucking nerd.

Is the Rangzen any good? I can't decide if I should use it or not.
It's FEF, not FEOF

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115490 on: November 01, 2013, 06:44:19 pm »

Is the Rangzen any good? I can't decide if I should use it or not.

If the Rangzen is what I think it is (some kind of space fighter) then the answer is that it's a fighter plane in a game about giant robots fighting each other. In other words ignore it (through some quick research indicates that it could become a really dodgy healer if you really felt the need for one).

EDIT: I really need to LP OG1/2 sometime. The series has a lot of crazy/awesome shit that has accumulated over the years but isn't in those two games.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:29:54 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #115492 on: November 01, 2013, 07:06:46 pm »

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115493 on: November 01, 2013, 08:29:06 pm »

So I've been at my current job for 6 months (longest held job I've had since I got out of the Marines in 2009) and my boss pulls me to the side and says he has a job performance review for me. We are supposed to get them every 3 months, but for whatever reason they forgot the 3 month one and just rolled the 3 and 6 month reviews together.

Anyways, out of 12 categories to be rated, like job performance, knowledge, initiative and such, I got an outstanding rating (top of the scale). The other 2 I got an exceeds expectations (next lowest), for an overall rating of outstanding.

Then my boss tells me to keep it up and work on becoming a lead, and I get a 50 cent raise for my hard work.

Lich180 has been ecstatic lately. He has been satisfied at work recently.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115494 on: November 01, 2013, 08:43:15 pm »

In tea news, my new favorite is Chocolate Cream Truffles from ESP emporium. One of the best flavored teas I've had in a long time.

That looks amazing. I've been drinking some nice Darjeeling. Never really tried any of those fancy blends, but might have to now. :)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #115495 on: November 01, 2013, 09:20:07 pm »

That looks amazing. I've been drinking some nice Darjeeling. Never really tried any of those fancy blends, but might have to now. :)

Well, that company has some good stuff. I've been happy with pretty much everything I've ordered from them so far.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115496 on: November 01, 2013, 10:27:53 pm »

Picked up a big bag of candy at post-Halloween clearance prices. Probably the only good thing that happened today :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115497 on: November 01, 2013, 10:30:05 pm »

Picked up a big bag of candy at post-Halloween clearance prices. Probably the only good thing that happened today :/

No sales in my area, the shelves have all been cleared already.

Normally I'd blame it on them making room for Christmas stuff, but Christmas stuff has been up since late August~early September.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #115498 on: November 02, 2013, 12:21:39 am »

Find a separating hyperplane with this One Weird Kernel Trick
Abstract

Meow miao mew meow mew meow mew mew meow miao meow meow mew meow meow miau mew miao meeeow meow, miau meow miao mew meeeeow mew miao miao miao. Meow miao mew meow mew (MMM), meow miao mew meow mew meow, meow meow miao meow state-of-the-art meow meow.
Mew mew meow miao miao nyan nyan meow mew. Meow meow miauw meow miao mew meow, meiau meow meow mew miaou miiiaou. Miao meow meow mew miao meow meow miao miao miau meow miau: meow meow mew mew MMM meow miu meow meow nyan meow mew meow.
This is amazing.

One method is to use purrincipal catponent analysis, in which we build a pawsitive definite matrix and extract its eigenvectors. But the problem is that it is not spurrse. We want a spurrse basis1. To get the spurrse basis we use the latest in optimization algorithms, Cat Swarm Optimization (CSO) (Chu et al., 2006). A variant of Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) (Kennedy & Eberhart, 1995), CSO has been used on many applications, including system identification (Panda et al., 2011) and clustering (Santosa & Ningrum, 2009).
CSO is based on the behavior of cats. Through extensive research, it was found that cats spend most of their time sleeping, giving humans dirty looks, and observing the environment. Only when a tasty animal or laser pointer appears does the cat expend energy pursuing a target. CSO refers to these behavioral modes as “seeking mode” (seeking something to attack) and “tracing mode” (actively chasing a target). By randomly sprinkling N cats in the M-dimensional solution space, letting them chase high-dimensional entities, and creating copies of the most fit cats2, CSO achieves significant gains over alternate optimization approaches (e.g., Mewton’s method).

Oh my God.

... Okay, I'll stop now.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:28:00 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #115499 on: November 02, 2013, 05:56:10 am »

http://www.estellasbrilliantbus.org/

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A customized bus that can bring computers installed on board to people who wouldn't otherwise be able to easily learn to use them.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:59:27 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 7698 7699 [7700] 7701 7702 ... 13325