Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7628 7629 [7630] 7631 7632 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771847 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114435 on: October 15, 2013, 06:19:33 pm »

You do not want to have games at Grandfather Mountain while ASU has a meaningful population.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114436 on: October 15, 2013, 06:36:36 pm »

Tangentially related to tartan; I made the mistake of mentioning that I liked red hair when visiting my friend. She's now trying to hook me up with her single red-haired friend. Never met her, but I have had her spiced apple cider recipe, which was kind of amazing. Not really in the business of dating strangers based on appearances, and my friend is prone to playing matchmaker like this.... but it was sweet of her. And hey, if she likes cooking, a cooking buddy could be great!
Tangentially related to red-hared girls: I found out this girl I've known for five or six years is actually brown-haired. She just dyed it red, the whole time.

True, the fact she's from the United Arab Emirates should have tipped me off; I was still really surprised.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114437 on: October 15, 2013, 06:47:33 pm »

Problem being, kilts here in the American South have to be modified a bit. Heavyweight woolen kilts can kill a man in the summer here. In fact, we might even say "That thar plaid skirt done kilt him."  :P

They make some very nice light wool ones that work here though. Especially since they hold the Grandfather Mtn. Highland Games in mid-fucking-July for some godforsaken reason.  :'(

We actually hold our Highland Games at a similar time of year, but that just means we need sun tan lotion on our faces when it's a good year. Amusingly we do not often call them Highland Games, we just call them "*** Games" based on the area's name e.g. the Birnam Games, the Strathardle Games and so on. We also showcase and sell cattle and sheep, or just show them off such as the biggest bulls, heaviest blackface ewes etc.

The other problem with my attire's impracticality in hot weather is that I also had a thick woolen jacket on, a woolen waistcoat, a shirt and a woolen tie. Considering I got a bit sick when I was exposed to Canadian summer heat wearing a thin short sleeved shirt, I can guarantee that I would simply die.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:58:50 pm by Owlbread »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114438 on: October 15, 2013, 07:14:11 pm »

I'm in the steam family sharing beta! Finally, my brother doesn't have to do the account-switch tango just to play my games.

At least. I'm assuming I'm in the beta, since my brother's account doesn't have access. Can't wait until his account is similarly given access so's I may play Morrowind without doing a similar dance.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #114439 on: October 15, 2013, 07:53:41 pm »

I'm happy today because I got an enormous 26 ton rover on the mun in one piece in KSP. I thought I'd brought enough fuel to land properly, but yet again I ran out. Luckily this time the rover was only traveling at 30 m/s, rather than 150, and slammed into the ground at only 50 m/s. Still, it was somewhat terrifying to watch, and after it struck the ground and bounced I winced. One more bounce later and it was actually down, nothing falling off. At all. Which was a surprise. Still, all eight of the wheels were damaged, as well as 7/8 of the wheels on the two mini-rovers attached to it, but after fixing them it's moving around fine. Only 65.3 km left to rove before I reach the landing site of the standard lander, and shortly thereafter the object of interest: some sort of monumental arch sticking up out of the surface, which confounds me. I managed to get one of my kerbals from the lander killed trying to use his jetpack to scoot over to it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114440 on: October 15, 2013, 08:16:45 pm »

Problem being, kilts here in the American South have to be modified a bit. Heavyweight woolen kilts can kill a man in the summer here. In fact, we might even say "That thar plaid skirt done kilt him."  :P

They make some very nice light wool ones that work here though. Especially since they hold the Grandfather Mtn. Highland Games in mid-fucking-July for some godforsaken reason.  :'(

We actually hold our Highland Games at a similar time of year, but that just means we need sun tan lotion on our faces when it's a good year. Amusingly we do not often call them Highland Games, we just call them "*** Games" based on the area's name e.g. the Birnam Games, the Strathardle Games and so on. We also showcase and sell cattle and sheep, or just show them off such as the biggest bulls, heaviest blackface ewes etc.

The other problem with my attire's impracticality in hot weather is that I also had a thick woolen jacket on, a woolen waistcoat, a shirt and a woolen tie. Considering I got a bit sick when I was exposed to Canadian summer heat wearing a thin short sleeved shirt, I can guarantee that I would simply die.
Considering where I live, 15 C is "a bit warm" (that's 59 F for you Americana), a wool kilt is nothin'.

On the other hand, it -has- been getting a bit warmer in the summers lately. 20, 25 C... (68 and 77 respectively F)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #114441 on: October 15, 2013, 08:27:14 pm »

GALCIV III
IT'S BEING MADE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114442 on: October 15, 2013, 08:28:28 pm »

Yeah... if it's not tartan and (probably) copiously plaid, what exactly differentiates it from a particularly rugged skirt? That utility kilt looked like a skirt with pockets, t'me...

I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, but pants are pants regardless as to which gender wears them, usually. Principle applies.
Wouldn't mind that at all. If it were culturally acceptable in my area I would wear light swishy full-length skirts, because damn but they're comfortable. Especially in the 98F+ degree weather we've had this summer...

Happy stuff: Found the internet archive of PR Gnus of the World News! Good meditation listening.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #114443 on: October 15, 2013, 09:36:17 pm »

Spent about an hour in the head of the office's... office, fixing up her computer and making our IT department look bad in the process.  Saved her ass from embarrassment in front of a bunch of important people that are visiting the next couple days, because she couldn't access the reports she needed to put together presentations for them.  Became privvy to admin passwords that no one is supposed to know.  All because she noticed that I brought in my own mouse and keyboard, and when asked about it responded "Yeah... I couldn't tolerate the equipment I was given.  I'm kind of a geek."
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #114444 on: October 15, 2013, 09:37:44 pm »

EXCELLENT SALMONGOD. NOW SUBVERT THE COMPANY AND ROB THEM BLIND.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114445 on: October 15, 2013, 09:54:14 pm »

Nah, if he did that, he'd become a stock holder.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114446 on: October 15, 2013, 10:05:31 pm »

blackface ewes
THAT'S RACIST

Canadian summer heat

Canadian summer heat

*snicker*

Temperature in Alberta in mid-July: 73F / 23C
Temperature here on Thursday (mid-October): 81F / 27C

Although admittedly, Grandfather Mountain is considerably cooler than the lowlands. Average July highs are 69F (although at the base of the mountain it's probably 5-10 degrees hotter).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114447 on: October 15, 2013, 10:26:31 pm »

Autumn and Winter are bitches, but they do bring some nice things.
You come north of the Mason-Dixon and say that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114448 on: October 15, 2013, 10:30:26 pm »

Inventory errors resulting in free upgrades :D

Also, this made me smile for some reason:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #114449 on: October 15, 2013, 10:31:39 pm »

Autumn and Winter are bitches, but they do bring some nice things.
You come north of the Mason-Dixon and say that.
Absolutely this.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 7628 7629 [7630] 7631 7632 ... 13325