Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7627 7628 [7629] 7630 7631 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773792 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114420 on: October 15, 2013, 03:50:58 pm »

-3. I need to learn sewing before I can make my kilts. :v

I had my kilt on today. Man skirts are not as cold as people say they are, your legs are often very warm from the large woolen socks/stockings you wear with them you see.
But that's not actually the kilt keeping you warm. If you were to wear JUST the kilt and compare it to JUST pants, the pants (depending on material, let's assume worsted wool to keep the variables down) would probably be warmer.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114421 on: October 15, 2013, 03:53:17 pm »

But that's not actually the kilt keeping you warm. If you were to wear JUST the kilt and compare it to JUST pants, the pants (depending on material, let's assume worsted wool to keep the variables down) would probably be warmer.

Yes, you're right. Perhaps I was referring more to the formal dress and its overall comfort rather than the comfort of the kilt itself. After getting the hem caught in a car door repeatedly however I became convinced again that the original, large kilts that you could sleep in or use like a poncho and so forth were far more practical.

Indeed, I would wear one but I would feel like one of those silly wanks that wear the Jacobean-style blouses, like I'm fucking Rob Roy or something.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:04:01 pm by Owlbread »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114422 on: October 15, 2013, 03:55:32 pm »

So today was an ok day I guess... Really didn't feel like going to college today, but it turned alright in the end. I got to help a friend out with some mathy stuff during her print class, and got compensated with corn bread, chicken soup, and an interesting lesson in lithography.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #114423 on: October 15, 2013, 04:17:01 pm »

Looking at my closet, I'm either Scottish or a hipster.

so much tartan, you guys

so much

How many kilts? Because if there's no kilts, it might be the latter
-3. I need to learn sewing before I can make my kilts. :v

You could always make a great kilt, no sewing required, whole thing is one big wrap

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114424 on: October 15, 2013, 04:24:01 pm »

It is essentially a large blanket. You could use a feileadh mor for anything, really. You could sleep in it, wear it with a hood to keep out the rain or to hide your face, wrap your top half in it if you're cold, you could also hide a lot of weapons in it.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114425 on: October 15, 2013, 04:29:21 pm »

When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114426 on: October 15, 2013, 04:49:26 pm »

I have looked into utility kilts but I am concerned by the social stigma that surrounds now them at times, rather like fedora hats.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114427 on: October 15, 2013, 05:14:17 pm »

That, and I prefer tartan.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #114428 on: October 15, 2013, 05:17:45 pm »

Another night out tripping with a good friend and his dog. We went right out into the country following the river to a nearby hamlet, over an aqueduct (carrying the canal over the river and a railway track), and back into town. Almost four miles in all. The sky was clear, the moon was out, the weather bracing, with occasional mist. On the aqueduct we got a perfectly framed view of Orion. It was really beautiful.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114429 on: October 15, 2013, 05:47:12 pm »

Tartan is wholly superior. The material used in kilt making, if chosen correctly, can be very thick and insulative, but with a comfort that I somehow don't see utility kilts providing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #114430 on: October 15, 2013, 05:52:25 pm »

Yeah... if it's not tartan and (probably) copiously plaid, what exactly differentiates it from a particularly rugged skirt? That utility kilt looked like a skirt with pockets, t'me...

I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, but pants are pants regardless as to which gender wears them, usually. Principle applies.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114431 on: October 15, 2013, 05:54:09 pm »

Tangentially related to tartan; I made the mistake of mentioning that I liked red hair when visiting my friend. She's now trying to hook me up with her single red-haired friend. Never met her, but I have had her spiced apple cider recipe, which was kind of amazing. Not really in the business of dating strangers based on appearances, and my friend is prone to playing matchmaker like this.... but it was sweet of her. And hey, if she likes cooking, a cooking buddy could be great!

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114432 on: October 15, 2013, 06:09:26 pm »

Yeah... if it's not tartan and (probably) copiously plaid, what exactly differentiates it from a particularly rugged skirt? That utility kilt looked like a skirt with pockets, t'me...

I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, but pants are pants regardless as to which gender wears them, usually. Principle applies.

I am comfortable in the knowledge that today I walked around in public (across streets, sitting in cafes and so on) for about 7 hours wearing a skirt. It does not faze me, my only issue was that I stuck out a bit because I felt I looked a bit ostentatious.

Tangentially related to tartan; I made the mistake of mentioning that I liked red hair when visiting my friend. She's now trying to hook me up with her single red-haired friend. Never met her, but I have had her spiced apple cider recipe, which was kind of amazing. Not really in the business of dating strangers based on appearances, and my friend is prone to playing matchmaker like this.... but it was sweet of her. And hey, if she likes cooking, a cooking buddy could be great!

This is good, however my father told me once as a boy that, when courting a woman, it is essential to find out how she cooks eggs. You must do this also.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:13:47 pm by Owlbread »

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114433 on: October 15, 2013, 06:14:02 pm »

'She tried to stab me!'
'Was the fried egg nice?'
'Yes, bu-'
'Marry her.'

This.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114434 on: October 15, 2013, 06:16:30 pm »

Tartan is wholly superior. The material used in kilt making, if chosen correctly, can be very thick and insulative, but with a comfort that I somehow don't see utility kilts providing.
Problem being, kilts here in the American South have to be modified a bit. Heavyweight woolen kilts can kill a man in the summer here. In fact, we might even say "That thar plaid skirt done kilt him."  :P

They make some very nice light wool ones that work here though. Especially since they hold the Grandfather Mtn. Highland Games in mid-fucking-July for some godforsaken reason.  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 7627 7628 [7629] 7630 7631 ... 13325