Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7621 7622 [7623] 7624 7625 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762862 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114330 on: October 13, 2013, 05:12:36 pm »

What's this? Thanksgiving? Real, warm food cooked here in my own home instead of the same pre-heated fast-food garbage we've been having for the past few months?

What kind of fucking heresy is this?

Seriously, this is the first home-cooked meal I've had in weeks. And it is glorious.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114331 on: October 13, 2013, 05:12:45 pm »

So while procrastinating from doing actual work I found out about the DEFCON manual.
It managed to cheer me up instead of just feeling mildly guilty about not being able to just do a task.

Quote from: Sample from guide
If you see looters, do not join them as they may be Communists.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #114332 on: October 13, 2013, 05:18:50 pm »

So while procrastinating from doing actual work I found out about the DEFCON manual.
It managed to cheer me up instead of just feeling mildly guilty about not being able to just do a task.

...and that displeases the Friend Computer.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #114333 on: October 13, 2013, 05:37:46 pm »

I love that game. It's so sad I lost the game itself and the code in a computer mistake, and Istill haven't been able to find it.

Anyway, I went to a Junior Statesmen convention, and hell was it a lot of fun. The Best part was the mock Mayoral debate between the joke-cracking Governor of the "state" and his more serious Lieutenant (from my school actually), representing Bill De Blasio and Joe Lhota respectively. The Blasio Advocate pulled no punches and mentioned Lhota's stance of saving kittens from train-tracks to devastating effect, but amid all the random subsequent speeches (Including one just completely abandoning pretense of seriousness and advocating Carlos Danger as a write-in), but in the end Lhota's stance on Legalizing Marijuana appeared to be his saving grace (when the Lt. Governor mentioned it, the crowd broke into applause, and the Time-Keeper shouted "Yeah Weed!").
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114334 on: October 13, 2013, 05:43:03 pm »

That's from a tabletop RPG right?
I am the worst at in-jokes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114335 on: October 13, 2013, 05:43:55 pm »

Low as in, in the red? Or low as in, positive but the first rung?

Also: Aspiration changer?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #114336 on: October 13, 2013, 06:22:47 pm »

They might be talking about Sims 3 instead of Sims 2.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114337 on: October 13, 2013, 06:24:00 pm »

No, they're talking about the first expansion pack, University.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114338 on: October 13, 2013, 06:33:30 pm »

I have them all and I haven't seen anything about an aspiration changer.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114339 on: October 13, 2013, 06:36:59 pm »

You get it after graduating university or after your junior year, IIRC. I know for a fact that you get it from university.

(I feel so Canadian calling it "university" with no articles you don't even know)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114340 on: October 13, 2013, 06:42:13 pm »

You get it after graduating university or after your junior year, IIRC. I know for a fact that you get it from university.

(I feel so Canadian calling it "university" with no articles you don't even know)
You could feel like you're from the Land of Colonialism and Antagonising-Mainland-Europe if it would make you feel any better.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114341 on: October 13, 2013, 06:57:56 pm »

This has been a pretty productive weekend.

I got all my Bein' an Adult shit in order, watched an amazeballs musical, did some more writing, did my poetry writeups, and now I'm going to go write some more and study some math :I

Also, I have a soft spot for horribly imbalanced polyphony.  It's even a little bit out of tune on the peak notes and the tempo is definitely off, but that drummer is just so enthusiastic.

This is also just plain really, really good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #114342 on: October 13, 2013, 08:07:36 pm »

I actually approve of calling it "university" and have as often as I could. "College" is too vague in the US. It could mean a trade school, a little tech school, a community college or an actual university. Saying that you went to "college" tells you basically nothing in the US and you only get looked down on by people outside of the US who maintain that distinction.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114343 on: October 13, 2013, 08:11:42 pm »

I actually approve of calling it "university" and have as often as I could. "College" is too vague in the US. It could mean a trade school, a little tech school, a community college or an actual university. Saying that you went to "college" tells you basically nothing in the US and you only get looked down on by people outside of the US who maintain that distinction.
College and university are technical terms with meaning. A college does not do scientific research alongside teaching, while a university does.

Anyway, I am happy because I upgraded Youtube Center. Now it automatically stops a playing video if you open another one, and you can turn on country flags next to usernames.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114344 on: October 13, 2013, 08:21:16 pm »

I'mma try and take up sewing so's I can make kilts and fashionable stuff on the cheap. (That is, stuff I want to wear that I would not be able to find, either at all or in a price-acceptable range. I tend to have specific tastes. Google is a bitch.)
Pages: 1 ... 7621 7622 [7623] 7624 7625 ... 13325