Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7617 7618 [7619] 7620 7621 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760040 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114270 on: October 12, 2013, 04:55:07 pm »

Does this mean I'm streaming Jesus Christ Superstar tonight? :I

MIGHT AS WELL
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #114271 on: October 12, 2013, 04:58:16 pm »

So, our office is relocating, and today I drove down to the new location. It's soooo cool. The new office is pretty much the only office in the area, and is located in the middle of a big shopping plaza type area, with all sorts of shops, restaurants, and places to hang out. Oh, and it overlooks a live music venue which plays every friday. In addition to the place being awesome, the commute is the most picturesque thing ever. Sure, it's nearly twice as long, but it goes through beautiful rolling hills, over a lake, past a state park, and through one of the highest property value places in Austin, consisting of rolling hills with scenic views going on for miles. To give an idea of how high the property values of the area are, I even caught a glimpse of a private helicopter parked at one of the houses. It's just one long, half hour trip from scenic overlook to scenic overlook, all the way to work. Even get a great shot of downtown Austin between a couple hills at one point. And the traffic through the area will be almost nonexistent in the mornings, as opposed to the near-gridlock we currently endure every day.

Wow :o . Are you sure they didn't cut costs somewhere? Jamming staplers? Terrible Coffee? Literal skeletons in the closet? :)

Solifuge: to be fair, Pilate is the probably most amazing guy in that production. Especially when he gets angry. As he said in the DVD extras: how can you not act that way, dressed like that? :)
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #114272 on: October 12, 2013, 05:03:29 pm »

So, our office is relocating, and today I drove down to the new location. It's soooo cool. The new office is pretty much the only office in the area, and is located in the middle of a big shopping plaza type area, with all sorts of shops, restaurants, and places to hang out. Oh, and it overlooks a live music venue which plays every friday. In addition to the place being awesome, the commute is the most picturesque thing ever. Sure, it's nearly twice as long, but it goes through beautiful rolling hills, over a lake, past a state park, and through one of the highest property value places in Austin, consisting of rolling hills with scenic views going on for miles. To give an idea of how high the property values of the area are, I even caught a glimpse of a private helicopter parked at one of the houses. It's just one long, half hour trip from scenic overlook to scenic overlook, all the way to work. Even get a great shot of downtown Austin between a couple hills at one point. And the traffic through the area will be almost nonexistent in the mornings, as opposed to the near-gridlock we currently endure every day.

Egads... work somewhere pretty fucking successful, I'm guessing?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #114273 on: October 12, 2013, 05:17:30 pm »

You want a good musical of back then with references to the Bible you want to livestream, I suggest you look for a movie called The Apple. You won't regret it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:19:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #114274 on: October 12, 2013, 05:26:41 pm »

I must say, I have a hard time treating the '73 This Jesus Must Die, because... The costumes. So. Fucking. Seventies. And Seventies were a weird time. But still, gigantic silly hats, plus long coat-things, plus shirtless, plus banging their hands on the... rails, I guess? I mean seriously, look at these guys, I'm half-expecting them to start singing about needing a shrubbery.
Oh shit now I'm imagining Life of Brian, Superstar. Why, brain, why?!

Plus, the 2000 Caiaphas is way more cool, what with the Bald Black Leader Guy/Morpheus's Evil Twin vibe, the goatee, the awesomely deep bass, and Annas in contrast being a pale, high-pitched dude.

Actually, I wonder what casting choices were accidental and which were intentional, since, for example, Judas looks suspiciously Phil-Collinsian in the 2000 version, and Jesus wouldn't look out of place if placed in a row of 80's/90's rockstars (although this one is almost certainly intended - it's harder to tell in '73 version, because certain tropes don't translate well over time).

I'd say that both versions have their stronger and weaker points, which might overlap, and it's probably the best to enjoy both as a work in itself.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #114275 on: October 12, 2013, 05:34:27 pm »

Does this mean I'm streaming Jesus Christ Superstar tonight? :I
DO EEEEEEEEET
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #114276 on: October 12, 2013, 05:41:00 pm »

The place we got was actually cheaper than in the city proper; just a couple miles past the super-expensive places. Though it's also not up on top of a hill, which is where most of the really expensive places are. The tops of the hills are just big enough for one or two houses to get an amazing 360 view, so that's where the really really expensive ones are at. The merely expensive ones are along the ridges and such, and a lot of the valleys are largely undeveloped. So a map of property values would also double as an elevation map. And anyone who isn't very wealthy, would more likely live around where I do, with a shorter commute to the city center while still having pretty good property values. Though the overlooks a few blocks away from where I live also contain some moderately wealthy housing. My apartment is basically in well-off suburbs.

The general feel of Austin changes dramatically based on where you're at. To the west, where's I'm at, it's really nice, as described. To the north and east is more flat country, to the south is a college town. Property values are also booming, as the city seems to be rapidly turning into the software development hub of the south, with companies like Google, NVidia, AMD, Dell, and tons of smaller places and satellite offices. Google Fiber comes at some point in the next year, with AT&T driven to compete against them with their own home fiber networks. Cost of living is massively lower than west coast software development hubs (in LA or the bay area, I would be paying about double my current rent). In general, a pretty nice place to live, aside from the fact that it's in lolTexas.

As for the actual place I work for, that's Cloud Imperium, the main Star Citizen devs. Everyone wants to get out of current office, since we're way over capacity, and had to temporarily freeze hiring for our Austin offices specifically because we ran out of places to squeeze more desks. We're going from around 4000 sq ft to 14000 sq ft.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #114277 on: October 12, 2013, 05:44:46 pm »

I must say, I have a hard time treating the '73 This Jesus Must Die, because... The costumes. So. Fucking. Seventies. And Seventies were a weird time. But still, gigantic silly hats, plus long coat-things, plus shirtless, plus banging their hands on the... rails, I guess? I mean seriously, look at these guys, I'm half-expecting them to start singing about needing a shrubbery.

... snip ...

I'd say that both versions have their stronger and weaker points, which might overlap, and it's probably the best to enjoy both as a work in itself.

Of course. I wasn't meaning to imply the 1973 version is inherently bad. I just happened to grow up with the 2000 version, and the first time I saw clips of the 1973 version, it just looked... 70's cheesy. I've always seen the '73 version as perfect for when you want to watch something fun, and the '00 version as perfect if you're interested in a high-quality musical performance. (Not that '73 isn't good or '00 isn't fun; it's just what they lean towards.)

Annas gets creepy at the opening of Simon Zealot's song (the simple one-finger bend to the direct the guards, *shiver*), and even creepier with his line in Jesus' "Perp Walk" ("Is that it for the Jewish dream?"). And Caiaphas just exudes "Main Villain", I agree.

Oh shit now I'm imagining Life of Brian, Superstar. Why, brain, why?!

Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #114278 on: October 12, 2013, 05:51:08 pm »

Oh, and for those who need something to listen to, this is the second weekend of Austin City Limits music festival; which has livestreams. http://www.aclfestival.com/

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #114279 on: October 12, 2013, 06:50:10 pm »

So apparently you can make plate mail in Cataclysm now. I in fact literally just got the recipe out of a book I found in a library.

Kinda pointless I'm sure since last I checked all armor seems to degrade at the same super fast rate. But kinda cool that I can actually do it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114280 on: October 12, 2013, 06:55:02 pm »

So apparently you can make plate mail in Cataclysm now. I in fact literally just got the recipe out of a book I found in a library.

Kinda pointless I'm sure since last I checked all armor seems to degrade at the same super fast rate. But kinda cool that I can actually do it.

Should I be disturbed that even in a post-apocalyptic wasteland populated by zombies, your character can still make a fairly complete catgirl outfit?  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #114281 on: October 12, 2013, 06:57:07 pm »

I don't know what's weirder, that you can do that or that I actually have real canine ears in game at this point.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114282 on: October 12, 2013, 06:58:49 pm »

I don't know what's weirder, that you can do that or that I actually have real canine ears in game at this point.
That actually sounds remarkably useful.
It's familiar enough as a mammalian facial feature that it won't weird people out too much, and lets you hear really good.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114283 on: October 12, 2013, 07:01:29 pm »

But are they pricked or floppy? Floppy just tends to lead to ear infections.

Could be good for charming zombies, I suppose. Turn BRAAAAAAINS into DAAAAAAAWWWW!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114284 on: October 12, 2013, 07:04:30 pm »

But are they pricked or floppy? Floppy just tends to lead to ear infections.

Could be good for charming zombies, I suppose. Turn BRAAAAAAINS into DAAAAAAAWWWW!
I can confirm that the zombies are immune to the charms of the catgirl. But I'm wearing the cargirl outfit regardless of effectiveness.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 7617 7618 [7619] 7620 7621 ... 13325