Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7607 7608 [7609] 7610 7611 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771792 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114120 on: October 09, 2013, 07:09:08 pm »

There's a little silver skull and crossbones type thing (Not sure what I'd call it. It's actually made of silver and the term is escaping me)
The Jolly Roger?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114121 on: October 09, 2013, 07:11:33 pm »

I read a description of the gameplay and thought, completely sincerely, "why do I not own this game?"

Why DONT you own it? Huh? HUH?

Mostly because I didn't really learn of the gameplay specifics until today and also I don't like to make purchases unless I have a method of income tied to that purchase (which here means a job or more steam money)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #114122 on: October 09, 2013, 07:13:00 pm »

Well there's always the demo.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114123 on: October 09, 2013, 08:05:39 pm »

...downloading now

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #114124 on: October 09, 2013, 08:11:37 pm »

Do you scare people by taking it off when they inevitably interrogate you as to whether it is real or not?

I got a shock like this once.  Classic movie shot. 

I'm walking to my car.  I look over and there's some other guy wandering the parking lot, looking a little lost.  I'm only seeing the left side of him, and I don't think anything of him.  Then he turns towards me and *BAM* - empty eye socket.  No eye patch.  Completely unexpected.

My happy:  kicking ass at work.  Now that I'm getting a good handle on the whole process of what we do, and the team dynamics/workflow, I'm able to bring my knack for managing information plus basic computer literacy into play.  I've made some well-received observations and suggestions regarding our process, and successfully implemented a fairly major thing that everyone on the team is now using constantly as of today.  The supervisor is ecstatic with it.  It's... a really, really basic thing, but everyone else on the team is at a computer knowledge level where they can easily pick it up and use it, but would have never come up with it on their own.  And I've been here less than three months.  I've also heard that this company gives old-fashioned bonuses and raises.  Like the kind that are handed out for a job well done, and not strictly policy procedure.  My time with Fedex had convinced me that bonuses were a thing of the past.  Feeling optimistic.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:30:35 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #114125 on: October 09, 2013, 09:24:42 pm »

SOMEBODY ASKED ME OUT WHAT IS THIS SORCERY
safaskljasflasf
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114126 on: October 09, 2013, 09:26:07 pm »

Finally got around to playing and beating Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, on my 3ds. It's something I've been putting off for more than ten years now probably, so it's something to finally be able to play and beat it.

While I can definitely see why it's a classic of the series, besides the enjoyment I also extracted the infamously aggravating bits like being able to experience the Water Temple first hand and how utterly tedious and confusing it is. In fact, there were alot of moments where frustrations ran high, like in Garudo Valley, but it's ok in a weird way, cause that kind of frustration is nostalgic in a weird way. What I mean by that is, modern games go way way way way WAY out of their way to avoid upsetting the player with trial and error gameplay/exploration, but it's something you never realize you're missing in your life until you finally revisit a relic like this and have it exposed to you bare and honest like this.

So I enjoyed it, even if it was a little easy in that there was alot of solutions that are telegraphed to you from a mile away, but also frustrating in that there's dissonance in that some things are improperly telegraphed or not hinted at at all, so it created uneven expectations of me from the game, but I feel that that just comes with the territory. I feel, in a way, that that is what makes the adventure more wholesome and real.

The music is simply enchanting as well, it's easy to see how something like this becomes iconic when you have melodies like these permanently imprinting themselves onto the minds of players everywhere. Legend of Zelda wouldn't have half the success it has if it didn't have powerful and memorable music like this. It really is the clincher that propels something from decent, to great.

and I didn't even have to throw down 40 bucks to get it, I just rented it for what amounts to five dollars and beat it in a week. Truly a tasty treat.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #114127 on: October 09, 2013, 09:30:44 pm »

It was just announced today that my favorite vocalist, Floor Jansen, has been permanently added to Nightwish's line-up.  Her previous bands wrote great lyrics, but mediocre music.  On the other hand, I've always felt that Nightwish wrote great music and good lyrics, but had mediocre vocalists.  This is a perfect match.  I can't wait to see what they'll be able to create together.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114128 on: October 09, 2013, 09:31:27 pm »

That South Park was too good.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #114129 on: October 09, 2013, 09:45:07 pm »

... saltybet chat reaction when sandstorm actually comes on. There's just... something about it. Dudududu?

Seriously, maybe the whole spontaneous eruption thing? I'unno. It's oddly cheering to watch.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #114130 on: October 09, 2013, 10:09:01 pm »

... saltybet chat reaction when sandstorm actually comes on. There's just... something about it. Dudududu?

Seriously, maybe the whole spontaneous eruption thing? I'unno. It's oddly cheering to watch.

It generates a neat atmosphere of festive camaraderie...
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114131 on: October 09, 2013, 10:15:26 pm »

Almost like we're really all part of a rabid crowd gathered in an arena for the weekly blood-sports. Such a wonderful feeling.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #114132 on: October 09, 2013, 10:20:20 pm »

Almost like we're really all part of a rabid crowd gathered in an arena for the weekly blood-sports. Such a wonderful feeling.  :P

It's like bullfighting, except with magical japanese schoolgirls and kaijuu.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114133 on: October 09, 2013, 10:27:32 pm »

It's like bullfighting, except with magical japanese schoolgirls and kai[y]juu.
Does his wife know about this?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114134 on: October 09, 2013, 11:51:13 pm »

More importantly, Dark Donald.

Say, a mental train has run off the rails, and I've reached the conclusion that the Adoring Fan needs to be a saltybet fighter.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 7607 7608 [7609] 7610 7611 ... 13325