Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7586 7587 [7588] 7589 7590 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15750492 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #113805 on: October 01, 2013, 11:24:56 pm »

Holy shit... Did anybody else notice Patrick Stump become the sexist man in the universe over night? I mean seriously, he went from chubby hairy guy to that without anybody noticing. If that isn't motivation I don't know what is... Welp move over Cumberbatch, I think I have a new man-crush, and this made me happy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #113806 on: October 01, 2013, 11:28:47 pm »

Holy shit... Did anybody else notice Patrick Stump become the sexist man in the universe over night? I mean seriously, he went from chubby hairy guy to that without anybody noticing. If that isn't motivation I don't know what is... Welp move over Cumberbatch, I think I have a new man-crush, and this made me happy.
You're missing an important 'e' in a word there. :P

Here I was thinking 'how're you happy on-oh.'

Glad to see it otherwise.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113807 on: October 01, 2013, 11:31:23 pm »

I have a long list of creativity happy today.

It's nice to doodle some things again after a 5-year hiatus.  I can literally remember exactly what I drew last time I drew anything, about four years ago, having barely done anything in that uncounted year either.  I have to say, though, that the circumstances under which I was last drawing. . . I miss them so much that I can understand why I'd stop afterwards.  My friend group had a comics tournament that took place on a deserted island, so there'd be bi-weekly challenges (how your characters got there, draw a fight scene, solving a mystery, retrieve a flag from a distant place, those sorts of things).

You had to draw a comic at least one page long for each challenge, and sometimes you'd have to draw alongside another artist.  "Sudden death" matches were optional challenges with really weird requirements, like "all dialogue must be done in pictures," that sort of thing.  It was one of those "everyone gets a prize" things, really more about completion than quality.  It wasn't polished or anything, it was just fun, because we'd sit around the table drawing comic pages and eating snacks.  I really miss those days, of having a group of friends like that that just did things instead of talking all the time and hanging out.

I also figured out which flavorful Mafia game I want to run next, so soon I'll start figuring things out.  I think everyone will have a lot of fun... it's going to be a good one >_<  I guess I'll plan to start it in three weeks or so.  Gives me some time to recover from all the fuck-ups this time around.

Finally, figured out exactly how to structure my next creative writing project!  I'm happy about this one. . . I've been sitting on the idea for three years now, and it's the perfect thing to practice before I start working on novels again.  And, speaking of that, I think I finally have enough confidence in one of my old novel ideas to try it out.

I dunno.  I'm really, really excited about these two pieces of writing, and I can't wait to finish The Lonely Prince [current Mafia game I'm running] so I can start outlining and detailing like a mofo.  This is going to be pretty sweet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #113808 on: October 01, 2013, 11:43:07 pm »

My library put out Hemans' Complete Collection, an exquisitely bound book printed in 1853, on their clearance rack for one buck. Then I nabbed a smaller, leather-bound one for another buck.

They're old enough that flecks of pigment off the cover stuck to my hand on the walk home. I'll have to treat 'em gently. But man oh man, I've got this great big tome of poetry from a female poet the likes of whom I've never heard of and it's in superb condition for a book that's 160 years old. I'll definitely read them, too, judging by what Wikipedia had so say about her.
Soft gloves. These could be worth a lot of money.

Perhaps, sans "WITHDRAW" stamped on the top, bottom, and sides of the paper, and the typical library gunk on the spine and inside of the back cover. The clearance shelf is a monthly trove of ancient books, but scant few are the ones without library interferences.

Used bookstore clearance racks are the best, but I have so many things I am unlikely to get around to from them. Did I really need A History of the Ostrogoths? But it was hardcover, and pretty.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #113809 on: October 01, 2013, 11:46:10 pm »

3 words:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113810 on: October 01, 2013, 11:53:43 pm »

Thanks to this YouTube series, I am actually going to read some of these classic novels.

Ain't nobody gonna catch Big A frontin' like Gatz, real set trippin' literati yo.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #113811 on: October 01, 2013, 11:54:21 pm »

Who is this man.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113812 on: October 01, 2013, 11:54:56 pm »

Some band member, s'look like.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113813 on: October 01, 2013, 11:56:43 pm »

Lead singer of Fallout Boy, three octave tenor, geek, emo kid, David Tennant look alike but better...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113814 on: October 02, 2013, 07:56:59 am »

Spoiler: Before (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: After (click to show/hide)

Pretty big transformation.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #113815 on: October 02, 2013, 07:59:34 am »

I'm a fan of his hair.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113816 on: October 02, 2013, 08:00:37 am »

Joke's on him, he's still the lead singer of Fallout Boy.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113817 on: October 02, 2013, 08:35:18 am »

I like "Dance, Dance." It's catchy, and I can play most of it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #113818 on: October 02, 2013, 10:38:08 am »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #113819 on: October 02, 2013, 02:40:40 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 7586 7587 [7588] 7589 7590 ... 13325