Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7541 7542 [7543] 7544 7545 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15756453 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(╹◡╹ლ)] Kirby stop you're drunk (Happy thread)
« Reply #113130 on: September 20, 2013, 06:13:54 pm »

... my head is confused. Wasn't that the one with the kinda' shady history? Colombian death squads or something? I... I don't really pay much attention to who the pope is/was/etc. Coulda' sworn there was something along those lines popping up when the guy first put on the hat, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113131 on: September 20, 2013, 06:22:29 pm »

If anything at all, it was that he didn't vocally oppose the people who were disappearing tens of thousands of people. Sort of similar to how Pius XII didn't actively condemn the Nazis when they controlled Europe. Basically he didn't do anything to try and stop the deaths, but it wasn't like he was conspiring with the government to kill people, either.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113132 on: September 20, 2013, 06:24:09 pm »

... my head is confused. Wasn't that the one with the kinda' shady history? Colombian death squads or something? I... I don't really pay much attention to who the pope is/was/etc. Coulda' sworn there was something along those lines popping up when the guy first put on the hat, though.
The article makes it sound like that was the previous Pope, Benedict XVI. This one is Francis.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113133 on: September 20, 2013, 06:30:01 pm »

If anything at all, it was that he didn't vocally oppose the people who were disappearing tens of thousands of people. Sort of similar to how Pius XII didn't actively condemn the Nazis when they controlled Europe. Basically he didn't do anything to try and stop the deaths, but it wasn't like he was conspiring with the government to kill people, either.
They may well have come after him if he did.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #113134 on: September 20, 2013, 06:37:19 pm »

Under Fascist controlled Italy with Switzerland very far away and neutral to the war, it wouldn't be a good idea to bring public outcry without having nazis start burning down every church (might have happened who knows) and Christians weren't being persecuted he was fine. HE didn't do exactly nothing though but left it to the discretion of the bishops of the occupied countries to do something about it by hiding jewish children in the country / smuggling people to happier lands / throwing supplies into ghettos.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:39:29 pm by Tellemurius »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #113135 on: September 20, 2013, 06:51:49 pm »

Francis addressed this, in the article I linked actually.
"I have never been a rightwinger," the Pope says, admitting that when he was a younger man he had "an authoritarian and quick manner of making decisions" that led to "serious problems".

"Over time I learned many things."
Anyway He's wildly popular, especially in Africa and Latin America (shockingly, I might add), so he has the will for it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #113136 on: September 20, 2013, 07:24:25 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/

CAT HAS 3 WHISKERS ON RIGHT SIDE

3 DAYS TIL ANNOUNCEMENT

3 ANNOUNCEMENTS?

3 BUTTONS ON CONTROLLER

CONTROLLER MADE OF 3 LAYERS OF CARDBOARD

LEFT 4 DEAD 3 CONFIRMED
Clearly, Half Life 3: Episode Cat.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:28:48 pm by alway »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113137 on: September 20, 2013, 07:28:27 pm »

Ah, that's probably it. The more you know, etc., etc. Thanks for being my backup memory :P

Clearly, Half Life 3: Episode Cat.
Straight up, if gordon spent all of HL3 as a cat, and the entire game was a first person cat simulator of utmost quality, in which gordoncat saved the world...

... it would be the first half life game I ever played.
Ask not!
Ask!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #113138 on: September 20, 2013, 07:31:15 pm »

Half Life 3: Episode Cat
A moving tale of the aftermath of the events of Half Life 2, through the eyes of an adorable kitteh living in the abandoned wastes. The ruins of humanity intermingle with nature and newly introduced xeno species; evolving from warzone to new home as ecological balance slowly restores itself. Along the way, you pick up a spunky headcrab sidekick and embark on an epic journey across an open world fraught with peril.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113139 on: September 20, 2013, 07:36:55 pm »

... yeah. Yeah, I'd play that. Especially if it were backed by the production values/experience of something like Valve.
Ask not!
Ask!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #113140 on: September 20, 2013, 07:41:35 pm »

TBH, it would probably be better than them actually making an episode 3. It's been so long and the industry itself has moved so far that they would need to dramatically alter the core experience to keep it relevant.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #113141 on: September 20, 2013, 07:45:56 pm »

That's what they're planning on, I imagine. They've mentioned Left 4 Dead being a testbed for features for Episode 3, IIRC. Same goes for TF2, L4D2, Portal, and pretty much every other game they've made. It's shaping up to be on the level of DNF in terms of hype.

L4D3 is definitely coming, btw. There's been some leaks. It'll be on Source 2.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #113142 on: September 20, 2013, 09:33:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The one that's stuck with me the most is this one.  Note:  Looked and the version I heard from my teacher (who is very well credentialed on the subject) differs slightly, but meaningfully, from the one featured on wikipedia... so I'll just paraphrase as I remember it.  My memory could be wrong, but like I said... this one really stuck with me.

There was a zen master whose first response whenever he was asked a question about zen from those coming to seek enlightenment was to raise his finger.

There was a boy attendant to this master who began to imitate this behavior.  When the master was absent, people would ask him questions, and the boy would raise his finger.

The master learned of this and asked the boy "What is the nature of enlightenment?"  When the boy raised his finger, the master seized his hand and cut the finger off.  The boy ran away crying, but the master chased him down and repeated the question.  The boy once again raised his hand, absent finger, and in that moment he became enlightened.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113143 on: September 20, 2013, 09:41:36 pm »

I finished a hard project, found out how to care my spine+muscles, learned to love life, and best of all:
HOW TO WRITE LETTERS AND NUMBERS IN BINARY!
But you can't write letters in binary. You encode them in ASCII or similar. /nitpicker

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #113144 on: September 20, 2013, 09:56:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Which finger did he raise?
Pages: 1 ... 7541 7542 [7543] 7544 7545 ... 13325