Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7506 7507 [7508] 7509 7510 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15739508 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #112605 on: September 11, 2013, 02:17:44 pm »

How would you bet on shipping?

How good the shipping is? How many times it's viewed?

I don't know.  I have nothing but half-formed ideas on implementation.  There's got to be a way, though.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112606 on: September 11, 2013, 02:23:19 pm »

I don't know.  I have nothing but half-formed ideas on implementation.  There's got to be a way, though.

You bet on who ends up on top.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ãƒ®ã€‚)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #112607 on: September 11, 2013, 02:24:48 pm »

There's a way to gamble on everything. I bet on the city hall burning down once. (We didn't bet on casualties, but I'd lose were it the case.)

Fine ten dollars I earned.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112608 on: September 11, 2013, 02:28:54 pm »

wheezes

NEW HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE OMFG
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112609 on: September 11, 2013, 02:35:59 pm »

Saltybet works largely because there's some semblance of balance, even if there's characters like Rare Akuma (never, ever been beaten), Radish SSJ4 (One-hits everything and has more health than almost anything, but beaten still... by Rare Akuma) or, heck, even Yun (80-hit Ginei Jin combos).

I thought of something like dorfybet, where I mod in a bunch of DF creatures (and take some from other mods) and pit them against each other to a similar system, but then I realized that "always bet DBZ" would be an actual thing unless a giant sponge or Lord English came up.

Also, I'd have to write a script to randomly spawn units when all units are dead, then unpause after a certain time, etc... ecch.

(I could totally do that, but)

Heh... I haven't seen any balance at all :P

At least 2/3 of the matches I see are total stompfests.  Usually good ai vs ai that barely moves (potatos).  I'm starting to get pretty decent at calling them, since I've either seen many of the charactes before or can match to pattern of which characters are likely worth anything.

But the anticipation for that occasional upset makes it fun, anyway.

Oh, yeah, balance wasn't the right word. It's more mystery.

If you were to have a fight between a bunny and a super saiyan 3 in DF, which do you think would win? What about in MUGEN? The former is a guarantee; the latter you have no idea.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #112610 on: September 11, 2013, 02:36:33 pm »

wheezes

I don't like the games, but I am buying them so I will have them.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112611 on: September 11, 2013, 02:40:04 pm »

You bet on who ends up on top.

:D

I was actually thinking something like those stories where the writer lets the community vote on the behavior of the lead character or whatever, and then the bets are on what the outcome of those behaviors will be, which are non-obvious.  Could even do an automated, randomized thing if you build a database of situations and character personality profiles that combine to produce lists of interactions in a dating sim-style presentation with really short scenarios.  Then randomly assign portions of the participating audience to each character that they can collectively direct.

Or just have a list of ongoing media and have people bet on what ships actually become canon, but that wouldn't be as fun.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112612 on: September 11, 2013, 02:42:02 pm »

Let's see. . . 3 of those games are on my Steam wishlist, and the other ones are things that I'm willing to try; don't own any of them, and more seems to be coming.  I'm more than happy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112613 on: September 11, 2013, 03:14:25 pm »

wheezes

I'm sorry, Dutchling, but Faster Than Light is one of the most original and fun strategic games I've played in years. And Fez and Trine are really, really solid adventure platformers. Totally worth the $20 or so for those alone.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #112614 on: September 11, 2013, 03:15:36 pm »

wheezes

I'm sorry, Dutchling, but Faster Than Light is one of the most original and fun strategic games I've played in years. And Fez and Trine are really, really solid adventure platformers. Totally worth the $20 or so for those alone.
I already own FTL. I actually didn't see Fez on the list. A friend mine seems to love that game a LOT, even though his descriptions of the game aren't very encouraging.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112615 on: September 11, 2013, 03:17:08 pm »

Also, Mark of the Ninja, excuse me?  Fuuuuuuuuuuck, I'd buy it for that alone.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112616 on: September 11, 2013, 03:27:16 pm »

I hadn't seen that prior to John singing about it in the Humble Bundle 9 song.

That is some really beautiful, smooth animation. Reminds me of Banner Saga.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112617 on: September 11, 2013, 04:24:00 pm »

Ah, nothing quite like sitting outside on the balcony, laptop in hand, playing Gorillaz for maximum chill while a thunderstorm rages around you. Now if only I had some ice cream or something.

Edit:

Had to go back in, it got way out of control real fast, it's raining so hard you can barely see the buildings on the other side of the parking lot, also constant lightning flashes, it's awesome :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:17:38 pm by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112618 on: September 11, 2013, 05:54:31 pm »

Ah, nothing quite like sitting outside on the balcony, laptop in hand, playing Gorillaz for maximum chill while a thunderstorm rages around you. Now if only I had some ice cream or something.

Edit:

Had to go back in, it got way out of control real fast, it's raining so hard you can barely see the buildings on the other side of the parking lot, also constant lightning flashes, it's awesome :D

We're just starting to get a pretty major thunderstorm too. I'mma go running in it for a bit, methinks. :3

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112619 on: September 11, 2013, 06:22:37 pm »

I own over a pound of dice now. This makes me giddy for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 7506 7507 [7508] 7509 7510 ... 13325