Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7505 7506 [7507] 7508 7509 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15737571 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #112590 on: September 11, 2013, 12:47:00 pm »

... I don't think the world is ready to open a streaming site to the spectacle of Robotnik getting nailed to the ground by the Hulk, SG.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112591 on: September 11, 2013, 12:48:42 pm »

... I don't think the world is ready to open a streaming site to the spectacle of Robotnik getting nailed to the ground by the Hulk, SG.

A part of me is REALLY tired of the hulk.

Yet who else could do really epic Pile drivers? Wait I know! the possessor of ULTIMATE MUSCLE!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112592 on: September 11, 2013, 12:50:18 pm »

...I'm choosing to have that mental image involve a clawhammer and nails, as opposed to any... other kind of tools.

It's necessary to preserve my already fragile psyche. :-X
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112593 on: September 11, 2013, 12:52:17 pm »

...I'm choosing to have that mental image involve a clawhammer and nails, as opposed to any... other kind of tools.

So who is holding the nails? Spiderman?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112594 on: September 11, 2013, 12:58:38 pm »

So who is holding the nails? Spiderman?

Let's just not imagine who's providing the sealant-- ARGH

I had happy things to post about, damnit! D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112595 on: September 11, 2013, 01:00:41 pm »

I had happy things to post about, damnit! D:

I don't know what you're on about.  I'm still laughing :D
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112596 on: September 11, 2013, 01:17:34 pm »

Saltybet works largely because there's some semblance of balance, even if there's characters like Rare Akuma (never, ever been beaten), Radish SSJ4 (One-hits everything and has more health than almost anything, but beaten still... by Rare Akuma) or, heck, even Yun (80-hit Ginei Jin combos).

I thought of something like dorfybet, where I mod in a bunch of DF creatures (and take some from other mods) and pit them against each other to a similar system, but then I realized that "always bet DBZ" would be an actual thing unless a giant sponge or Lord English came up.

Also, I'd have to write a script to randomly spawn units when all units are dead, then unpause after a certain time, etc... ecch.

(I could totally do that, but)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #112597 on: September 11, 2013, 01:20:19 pm »

Actually Rare Akuma was beaten once by Dark Donald
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112598 on: September 11, 2013, 01:21:23 pm »

After two years of waiting on my ex and then trying to scrape together the cash to do it myself, my divorce paperwork was finally filed. Time to get the ball actually rolling.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112599 on: September 11, 2013, 01:22:55 pm »

So I've still been getting on Saltybet a little bit every day.  I don't know why, but there's something hypnotically entertaining about it.  Maybe it's just good old-fashioned gambling addiction?

It seems to be pretty popular, despite being a rather shoddy production overall.  Also read that there's been a couple similar things in the past that were also fairly popular.  So I started thinking lastnight that perhaps there's some form of opportunity there.  That maybe if someone hit the right target audience with a more polished production and more interesting formula, that there could be room for a minor phenomenon.  So I started thinking about what kind of thing could be wagered on, leaves plenty of room for unpredictability but some formula, and gets people really worked up?

And then it hit me.  Shipping.

shippingbets.com

I don't know how it would work, but oh dear god, I can only imagine the stampede of frothing fandom that could draw if done properly.
Trolling absolutely everyone by giving them exactly what they want. This is a stroke of genius.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112600 on: September 11, 2013, 01:24:16 pm »

So I've still been getting on Saltybet a little bit every day.  I don't know why, but there's something hypnotically entertaining about it.  Maybe it's just good old-fashioned gambling addiction?

It seems to be pretty popular, despite being a rather shoddy production overall.  Also read that there's been a couple similar things in the past that were also fairly popular.  So I started thinking lastnight that perhaps there's some form of opportunity there.  That maybe if someone hit the right target audience with a more polished production and more interesting formula, that there could be room for a minor phenomenon.  So I started thinking about what kind of thing could be wagered on, leaves plenty of room for unpredictability but some formula, and gets people really worked up?

And then it hit me.  Shipping.

shippingbets.com

I don't know how it would work, but oh dear god, I can only imagine the stampede of frothing fandom that could draw if done properly.
Trolling absolutely everyone by giving them exactly what they want. This is a stroke of genius.
I'm torn between vomiting and grinning gleefully. This would be a wonderful thing and it needs to happen.

Also, re: Saltybet: Sora is the ultimate troll. Sits in the corner and heals while the enemy AI is distracted trying to hit the Aeris corpse.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112601 on: September 11, 2013, 01:30:11 pm »

Saltybet works largely because there's some semblance of balance, even if there's characters like Rare Akuma (never, ever been beaten), Radish SSJ4 (One-hits everything and has more health than almost anything, but beaten still... by Rare Akuma) or, heck, even Yun (80-hit Ginei Jin combos).

I thought of something like dorfybet, where I mod in a bunch of DF creatures (and take some from other mods) and pit them against each other to a similar system, but then I realized that "always bet DBZ" would be an actual thing unless a giant sponge or Lord English came up.

Also, I'd have to write a script to randomly spawn units when all units are dead, then unpause after a certain time, etc... ecch.

(I could totally do that, but)

Heh... I haven't seen any balance at all :P

At least 2/3 of the matches I see are total stompfests.  Usually good ai vs ai that barely moves (potatos).  I'm starting to get pretty decent at calling them, since I've either seen many of the charactes before or can match to pattern of which characters are likely worth anything.

But the anticipation for that occasional upset makes it fun, anyway.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #112602 on: September 11, 2013, 01:31:44 pm »

I once had a 5-round fight with a guy that couldn't hit Sora because his hitbox was too small. Sora won 4 rounds because the timer ran out and the guy finally managed to hit him in the fifth ;_;

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112603 on: September 11, 2013, 01:33:31 pm »

ALWAYS NEVER MAYBE DONT BET DBZ WAIFU HITBOX
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #112604 on: September 11, 2013, 02:17:40 pm »

I was listening to a load of music on spotify web player, and scrolled down to the 'appears on' section.

Turns out I have the exact same music taste as whoever chooses the soundtracks for Marvel. This is gonna make finding new music so much easier.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 7505 7506 [7507] 7508 7509 ... 13325