Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7497 7498 [7499] 7500 7501 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15739756 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #112470 on: September 09, 2013, 06:07:40 pm »

I honked at people in traffic, and they actually sped up to get out of the way.  I feel the world of driving has become far too polite.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112471 on: September 09, 2013, 06:12:15 pm »

You were secretly and covertly transported to Canada.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #112472 on: September 09, 2013, 06:15:07 pm »

I honked at people in traffic, and they actually sped up to get out of the way.  I feel the world of driving has become far too polite.
You're right. Without all the screaming, profanity and middle fingers, driving just ain't what it used to be.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112473 on: September 09, 2013, 06:22:57 pm »

You're right. Without all the screaming, profanity and middle fingers, driving just ain't what it used to be.
At least angry drivers are actually in a hurry.  Which is more than I can say for these modern clods.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #112474 on: September 09, 2013, 06:28:41 pm »

At least angry drivers are actually in a hurry.  Which is more than I can say for these modern clods.
Be in my neigborhood in 2 weeks. UN resumes general session, and everyone on vacation returns. Between the returning people, kids going to school, the UN checkpoint, and the General snarl of the 59th street bridge, It's a massive snarl, all day, every day, throughout the city, but especially on first and second avenue.

I can guarantee you there will not be so much politeness.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112475 on: September 09, 2013, 06:55:48 pm »

Meh. If you're in a hurry, you're already late and there's no point rushing. *putter putter*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112476 on: September 09, 2013, 07:59:20 pm »

Meh. If you're in a hurry, you're already late and there's no point rushing. *putter putter*

There is no such thing as being late, there is not being where I want to be.

People ask me, why are you always in a hurry?  That is the wrong question.  The right question is, why are you not in a hurry?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112477 on: September 09, 2013, 08:15:12 pm »

Good news for Arizonian Bay Watchers of legal drinking age! Tomorrow the party truck will be delivering a whole 45k pounds of brewskis to the state. Next time you crack one open, just think: it may have been delivered by yours truly!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112478 on: September 09, 2013, 08:19:00 pm »

The right question is, why are you not in a hurry?
... because hurrying is generally just kinda' annoying. Much more pleasurable not having to, and not. So I make sure I don't have to, and don't :P M'gonna' be where I want to be, when I want to be, and I'm going to get there at the pace I want to go -- the rest of the world can generally be damned. So long as th'law's not being broken, anyway.

Hurry is a sign of failure, for me. It means I've failed to allocate my time correctly, and now have to move faster than a normal, relaxed, pace in order to do what needs be done. It means my movements are dictated by someone or something else's whims. Means I'm not where I wanted to be at the time I wanted to be there, so now I can no longer decide the pace. So I do my darnedest not to do it, yes.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112479 on: September 09, 2013, 08:35:24 pm »

Hurry is a sign of failure, for me. It means I've failed to allocate my time correctly, and now have to move faster than a normal, relaxed, pace in order to do what needs be done.

We're clearly talking about two different kinds of 'hurry'.  I'm in a hurry going home from work, when technically speaking I have the entire rest of the day to travel fifteen miles.  I'm in a hurry because I want to be at home instead of in my car staring at the ass-end of another car.  My ideal pace is whatever pace gets me where I'm going as soon as possible, whether there's a schedule or not.  Why would I not want to be where I'm going as soon as possible?

At least I have a nice enough car to sit around in.  I don't like to obviously, but I'm happy it's comfortable.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112480 on: September 09, 2013, 08:41:05 pm »

On the flip side of this conversation, I have purchased a bumper sticker. Tailgaters beware.

Mom said it should be on an old person's car. I said: it is.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112481 on: September 09, 2013, 08:42:21 pm »

I would totally put that on my truck if I could.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112482 on: September 09, 2013, 08:45:52 pm »

Yeah, I need me one of those.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112483 on: September 09, 2013, 08:48:10 pm »

Why would I not want to be where I'm going as soon as possible?
Haha! Marginal utility, my dear Aqizzar! Effort expenditure for marginal gain -- gain on the next unit of effort. Especially with vehicles, it's thoroughly diminishing, requiring greater and greater effort for smaller and smaller returns. "Soon as possible" is nice, but when you can get nearly that with a fraction of the effort...

'Course, with vehicles in particular I've found it (hurrying) just doesn't really pay off. Between the whole diminishing returns thing and traffic, it's been bloody close to 50/50 odds that my speed-limit going, sticking to turn lane (usually right, because I've purposefully chosen the route that does that) arse gets where going either before the speeding, lane-swapping folks (and let me tell you, getting passed like five or six times on the same stretch of road by the same person is grade A Sisyphean comedy) or barely minutes after. 5-10 miles over the limit just doesn't really make a difference in the short run, y'know? Minutes at most, and sometimes not even that. And a lot of times, I've found it doesn't really help that much in the long run, either. There's probably some kind of word for it used by those folks that design roads and whatnot, ha. Imagine it factors into long distance freight, too...
Ask not!
Ask!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112484 on: September 09, 2013, 08:54:14 pm »

The right question is, why are you not in a hurry?
... because hurrying is generally just kinda' annoying. Much more pleasurable not having to, and not. So I make sure I don't have to, and don't :P M'gonna' be where I want to be, when I want to be, and I'm going to get there at the pace I want to go -- the rest of the world can generally be damned. So long as th'law's not being broken, anyway.

Hurry is a sign of failure, for me. It means I've failed to allocate my time correctly, and now have to move faster than a normal, relaxed, pace in order to do what needs be done. It means my movements are dictated by someone or something else's whims. Means I'm not where I wanted to be at the time I wanted to be there, so now I can no longer decide the pace. So I do my darnedest not to do it, yes.

I always have to hurry. I travel nearly 75km to uni (one way) and a decent portion of that is cycling (maybe 15-20km).
On the way home, I'll cycle 25km, but because our peak hour trains are so sardine-canned that people can't get on, let alone people with bikes, I'll often have to cycle a bit further. The upshot of that is, no matter how fast I go, I will always end up getting home from uni at 8-9pm.
Pages: 1 ... 7497 7498 [7499] 7500 7501 ... 13325