Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7483 7484 [7485] 7486 7487 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15743604 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #112260 on: September 05, 2013, 12:42:41 am »

There's something about Lufia 2 that just works.  Again, incredibly cliche plot, some crappy things about it... but something just clicks.
Is that Fortress of Doom, or is that the first one? I love the music.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112261 on: September 05, 2013, 12:47:40 am »

Quote from: The Chosen One
*Snfff* You big meenie... *snff*... me go sumplace 'n have partee wiff clowns... *snfff*... and ice cream... and kake... and me no invit meen peuple like YOU!
They don't make games like this anymore.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112262 on: September 05, 2013, 12:48:29 am »

There's something about Lufia 2 that just works.  Again, incredibly cliche plot, some crappy things about it... but something just clicks.

Not sure--it's been a while.  I think both have the Fortress of Doom.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112263 on: September 05, 2013, 12:51:23 am »

Quote from: The Chosen One
*Snfff* You big meenie... *snff*... me go sumplace 'n have partee wiff clowns... *snfff*... and ice cream... and kake... and me no invit meen peuple like YOU!
They don't make games like this anymore.
The things a stupid chosen one says are probably one of the funniest things to come from a video game.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #112264 on: September 05, 2013, 01:01:53 am »

Not sure--it's been a while.  I think both have the Fortress of Doom.
I don't know. But one game is actually called Lufia and the Fortress of Doom. How does the one you're playing start?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112265 on: September 05, 2013, 01:02:42 am »

Oh. . . no, that's the first one.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #112266 on: September 05, 2013, 01:04:20 am »

Oh. . . no, that's the first one.
I thought as much. I don't like classic RPGs so much so I've never beaten Lufia.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112267 on: September 05, 2013, 02:34:50 am »

The Fortress of Doom is the first one.  The second one is a prequel called Rise of the Sinistrals.   The first one starts with the final scene of the second one.

The first one is ok, but it feels like it was made in RPG Maker.  The second one has much better graphics and better game play.  The story is a lot better if you play both.  It's like watching a 90's ova series.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112268 on: September 05, 2013, 04:29:52 am »

Way I remember it is that Lufia 2 is the one with the pokemon. Nice and easy delineation.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112269 on: September 05, 2013, 04:30:39 am »

And the puzzles and combat are really well-tuned, too.  In the second one, I mean.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112270 on: September 05, 2013, 04:40:56 am »

Aye, aye. Second one was better in... pretty much all ways, really. But I'm fairly sure th'first one had puzzles and combat, too. What it didn't have was pokemon, which is why that's what I use to keep the two separate in my head :P

Not like I can use characters mumblemumble. Also doesn't help with the later Lufia(s?), since the only one I can remember (the GBA thing) also had the pokemon going on.

Well. Guess y'could also think of Fortress of Doom as "The One Without Dekar", too...
Ask not!
Ask!

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112271 on: September 05, 2013, 04:45:35 am »

It makes me wonder if Lufia 2 inspired the puzzle systems for Wild Arms.  It could have been Zelda, too.  They have that tool based interaction.  Also the encounters in Lufia 2 were visible on the map, and you could use the same puzzle tools to stun and/or avoid them, kind of like Valkyrie Profile did later.

I think the first one had a couple puzzles, but they didn't make the game with puzzles in mind at all.

Dekar was in Rise of the Sinistrals.  He's not even mentioned in Fortress of Doom.  Neither is Tia.  :<

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112272 on: September 05, 2013, 04:54:38 am »

Yeah... Dekar was in the GBA one, too. Though your omission of that one may be understandably intentional :P

Was honestly pretty alright, but it definitely wasn't as good as Lufia 2 and there was a bit of some fan backlash, as I understand it.

And... don't recall if he was in the just-gameboy one or not, hrm. It was a pretty different thing.
Ask not!
Ask!

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112273 on: September 05, 2013, 04:58:36 am »

I forgot it existed. x3

I never played that one.  The internet is saying that it's called The Ruins of Lore.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112274 on: September 05, 2013, 05:14:24 am »

So I now have a new (old) laptop, which is borked in a couple of ways, with no battery and the keyboard apparently not working, but at least it works. Basically just like my old laptop apart from the 'working' part. :P

I guess I should be happy about this, although I feel as though I've forgotten just what I used to enjoy so much about the internet. All my various hobbies feel a bit more like chores just now, requiring far more energy than I have to expend at the moment.
On that note, I guess it must be time to get back into playing DF.
Maybe some RPIs, even, if that goes well and my brain can cope with actually focusing on something. :P

Anyway, anyone want to give me a summary of the last 42 pages of Happies in here?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7483 7484 [7485] 7486 7487 ... 13325