Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7454 7455 [7456] 7457 7458 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15742646 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111825 on: August 26, 2013, 12:09:16 am »

Yeah.  It could be so much more than it is, really.  It seems like they didn't really think about the player's ability to make megaprojects or whatever, there's not that many hellbeasts, and honestly there's not much food variety.  But what's there is good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111826 on: August 26, 2013, 12:37:03 am »

Also, the Ludum Dare #27 project is starting to shape up. We've got a little under 1 day left, but I think we might get it done in time!
Spoiler: Screenie (click to show/hide)
I'm going to go to bed now, but to keep my out of order responses on a roll, I just wanted to say you're a damn fine pixel artist Soli, and you can art my pixels any time.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #111827 on: August 26, 2013, 12:43:27 am »

Yeah.  It could be so much more than it is, really.  It seems like they didn't really think about the player's ability to make megaprojects or whatever, there's not that many hellbeasts, and honestly there's not much food variety.  But what's there is good.
Yeah, that was generally my impression of it too. After surviving a couple winters, you get to the point where, aside from some of the crazy hellbeasts which do exist [like the winter one], there isn't all that much left to do. Using resource transplantation, you can end up with a really cozy setup at your home; at which point it all kind of becomes stale. Some form of megaproject construction would give it a continued vitality, particularly if it could involve similar science-magic to the preexisting tech tree. As is, you can get to a point where you say "Alright, my only worry in winter is where to dispose of all this rotting food I'm too full to eat." And then wander off to play something else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111828 on: August 26, 2013, 12:45:49 am »

What I want is for it to really be about not starving, so like Harvest Moon with a gentleman scientist who takes over the old family restaurant and then must develop God's Sushi or something before his father comes back, marrying someone strange also possible but not required

Like, would that be too much to ask?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111829 on: August 26, 2013, 12:50:00 am »

What I want is for it to really be about not starving, so like Harvest Moon with a gentleman scientist who takes over the old family restaurant and then must develop God's Sushi or something before his father comes back, marrying someone strange also possible but not required

Like, would that be too much to ask?
I'd play it. Love me some Harvest Moon-likes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111830 on: August 26, 2013, 12:56:43 am »

... I would totes play a harvest moon type game set in something like Athas. We, like. Need more stuff like that. Rune Factory was a start, but we need... more. Steampunk, post-apoc fantasy, etc., so forth, so on. Lovecraftian influenced waterworlds. Kick it up a notch. Next week's crop will be people, selling for 14 brains to the pound. Your mate parasite wants a new jubjub bird.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111831 on: August 26, 2013, 12:58:42 am »

I was actually thinking about making something like that.  Now that I know there's interest...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #111832 on: August 26, 2013, 01:00:02 am »

Futzing about with the GIMP and strategic screenshots has produced the first stage of a new avatar, which I feel okay with using in low-res form. Sooner or later, I'll get to the next stage and replace it with an objectively better one. Then, stage three!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111833 on: August 26, 2013, 02:44:23 am »

I was actually thinking about making something like that.  Now that I know there's interest...
There's always interest :D

..This is totally me saying I'm interested in a subtle way.
Also, the Ludum Dare #27 project is starting to shape up. We've got a little under 1 day left, but I think we might get it done in time!
I'm going to go to bed now, but to keep my out of order responses on a roll, I just wanted to say you're a damn fine pixel artist Soli, and you can art my pixels any time.
I love the art.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #111834 on: August 26, 2013, 06:31:28 am »

Hail to the King released in the UK.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111835 on: August 26, 2013, 11:22:41 am »

We are delivering an entire truck full of beer. To Las Vegas.

Ladies and gentlemen, the party truck just keeps on a-rollin'.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #111836 on: August 26, 2013, 11:25:07 am »

Sirus's party truck is outfitted with colored strobe floodlights, a horn that plays dance music, and a cannon for firing beer and pretzels.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111837 on: August 26, 2013, 11:27:25 am »

Excellent. Remind me, the theme is, time I believe? Not sure.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111838 on: August 26, 2013, 11:29:55 am »

Excellent. Remind me, the theme is, time I believe? Not sure.
I think it was 10 seconds.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111839 on: August 26, 2013, 01:42:36 pm »

Sirus's party truck is outfitted with colored strobe floodlights, a horn that plays dance music, and a cannon for firing beer and pretzels.
Man, I wish.

Maybe someday, if I ever get tired of hauling freight around, I will buy my own truck and have a special trailer made. One with windows and chairs and music systems and cool stuff like that. Hire out to groups of people who want to travel to Vegas or Hollywood or whatever in style. Then I will truly have a Party Truck.

Pages: 1 ... 7454 7455 [7456] 7457 7458 ... 13325