Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7452 7453 [7454] 7455 7456 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15745968 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111795 on: August 25, 2013, 06:02:33 am »

Probably not.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111796 on: August 25, 2013, 07:04:47 am »

This is incredibly offensive and fucking hilarious at times.

Reimu: WHAT THE FUCK. I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK

Reimu: YOU CAN'T FUCKING DO THAT IN A DANMAKU GAME.

Seija: says who

Seija: still think your butthurt

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #111797 on: August 25, 2013, 09:43:08 am »

History is fun.
As the Mamluks returned to Cairo, Baybars murdered Qutuz and seized the sultanate himself. This event set the pattern of succession in the Mamluk Empire: only a handful of Sultans ever died of natural causes and of these, one died from pneumonia brought on by permanently wearing armour to ward off assassination attempts. The average reign of the sultans was a mere seven years. Despite this the dynasty proved to be one of the most stable political entities of the medieval Middle East.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #111798 on: August 25, 2013, 09:45:40 am »

Game of Thrones: historically accurate, up to and including the sex.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #111799 on: August 25, 2013, 09:49:50 am »

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how a state can be run by converted slaves who were captured in foreign lands as young kids. How does that even work o.O

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111800 on: August 25, 2013, 10:03:12 am »

Well, if the state owns you, and you are the state, then you own yourself and have a vested interest in keeping yourself healthy... right? And the state (yourself) has presumably raised you from youth, fed you, clothed you, taught you, and then given you power, power you can use both to benefit yourself (personal and national) and others who were once like you, before you became of the state. Seems fairly reasonable, as that sort of thing goes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #111801 on: August 25, 2013, 10:07:18 am »

I'm actually reading a bit about them, this is pretty cool:
(...) some mamluks attempted to reconnect with the biological families they had been forced to abandon. This phenomenon appeared most frequently as part of Mamluk success stories, in which certain commanders reached high political, military, and economic levels, and often had ambitions for the position of sultan. Then suddenly they sent home to the old country and brought their parents, siblings, cousins, nephews, nieces, and anyone else they could find to Cairo. Once the relatives arrived the Mamluk commanders found jobs for the men, usually somewhere in the military. The extent of the power these relatives held varied greatly: in some cases their careers were undistinguished, but in a few cases they attained considerable influence in Mamluk society and played important roles in major historical events.
Would make a great Disney movie :v

Also, to clarify, the Sultans were also Mamluks, that is the main part I thought as odd.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111802 on: August 25, 2013, 11:13:36 am »

Sounds like the goblin system of rulership, actually.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111803 on: August 25, 2013, 01:03:46 pm »

IT'S HAPPENING!
Neef may well be given the push he needs to learn to draw really good.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #111804 on: August 25, 2013, 01:09:52 pm »

I'm actually reading a bit about them, this is pretty cool:
(...) some mamluks attempted to reconnect with the biological families they had been forced to abandon. This phenomenon appeared most frequently as part of Mamluk success stories, in which certain commanders reached high political, military, and economic levels, and often had ambitions for the position of sultan. Then suddenly they sent home to the old country and brought their parents, siblings, cousins, nephews, nieces, and anyone else they could find to Cairo. Once the relatives arrived the Mamluk commanders found jobs for the men, usually somewhere in the military. The extent of the power these relatives held varied greatly: in some cases their careers were undistinguished, but in a few cases they attained considerable influence in Mamluk society and played important roles in major historical events.
Would make a great Disney movie :v

Also, to clarify, the Sultans were also Mamluks, that is the main part I thought as odd.

That would be because of This dude right here.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111805 on: August 25, 2013, 01:21:10 pm »

Internet barren lands of Malaysia! These ones were on Kuala Lumpur or Penang Island, Batu Cave is probably the next major temple with any minor temples along the way ready for extreme visitation [EXTREME].
Also British colonial ruins are pretty cool.
That sounds pretty cool indeed.
It is! Going to hi-five the sleeping Buddha on the morn too!
[Maybe not, it's giant].

Today was a break from [EXTREME] temple visitation, went to the glorious beach to enjoy the ocean. The waves were brutal, enjoyable and good for swimming, jet-skiing, jellyfish and drowning... Fortunately only the former two happened.
But... There is only one thing in particular that I find happy; building sea walls and castles from the sand on the beach.
Hehe, an AAR of the noble endeavour to fortify the Malaysian coast against tidal invasions. Sounds fun, if you had taken command of the children, you'd had yourself a real-life Dwarf fortress.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111806 on: August 25, 2013, 01:35:57 pm »

I got an LCD screen for free because it was broken according to one guy at the office. Shit, I get free screens. That's a happy in the first place, but it wasn't exactly legal so let's pass on that. It actually works as a half-decent display right now, though its light levels flicker once in a while (kind of noticeable but rare) and if you don't squeeze it on both sides it starts to display anything than the "no signal" box, it mutilates whatever was to be displayed with the force of a thousand grayscales and shuts off. A 17-or-so inch Belinea, I'd say it's six years old tops but can't verify. Now, the hell do I do with this?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111807 on: August 25, 2013, 02:30:06 pm »

Nietzsche is awesome but a lot is lost in translation.  The poseurs usually don't know what they're even being poseurs about :I

I used to be all wurble blurble about Nietzsche before I read Thus Spoke Zathrusta, then I sort of understood him a little bit more.

I still think he's a bloddy nutjob, but less so now

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111808 on: August 25, 2013, 02:50:54 pm »

IT'S HAPPENING!
Neef may well be given the push he needs to learn to draw really good.

There are so many levels of satire in here oh my god

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #111809 on: August 25, 2013, 03:22:02 pm »

I'll sign any petition if a dude with a funny accent asks me to.

Also it's probably a pretty good thing I wasn't around when Hitler was.
Pages: 1 ... 7452 7453 [7454] 7455 7456 ... 13325