Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7448 7449 [7450] 7451 7452 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15748934 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111735 on: August 23, 2013, 06:16:23 pm »

Cleaned up my Pacific Rim essay and put it in tumblr.  It is now sourced and 10 pages long :>
Good lord.

Yeah.  It's called "A Snob's Defense of Pacific Rim."  Because that's what it is.

I'm guessing that its audience is basically non-extant, since it's 10 pages of text with no gifs, exclamation points or squealing, but whatever.  I produced some content and maybe someone with a very long attention span will find it interesting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111736 on: August 23, 2013, 06:18:13 pm »

My boss basically offered my wife a job today.  This place is so awesome.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I wouldn't mind being this awesome when I'm old.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #111737 on: August 23, 2013, 06:25:36 pm »

How does not hating your job feel, Salmongod?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111738 on: August 23, 2013, 06:33:27 pm »

I feel like I broke out of prison, and that prison was located in some dark, alternate dimension.  I mean, I don't love the work itself or anything... but just being in an environment where I'm respected as a human being (an adult even), nobody squabbles over petty bullshit, authority figures don't throw their weight around destructively, and nobody really cares what you do so long as the work is getting done is all so huge to me still.  I think my manager has been fairly impressed with me, too, so I'm pretty happy about that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111739 on: August 23, 2013, 06:41:56 pm »

http://demographics.coopercenter.org/DotMap/index.html

From the 2010 Census, a Racial Dot Map
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111740 on: August 23, 2013, 07:30:32 pm »

Opened some long overdue mail, which included a huge mailer branded in the Alumni Association of my alma mater.  The contents consisted entirely of advertisements for Mutual Insurance, and a little note begging for donations to the Association.  That made me laugh like Hell.

I'm also spending the night house-sitting for my mother.  Get to see my dogs and cat again after many months.  Hello little guys...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #111741 on: August 23, 2013, 09:04:04 pm »

O yea I forgot too say high to aquizzar

Also, I'm the 2268000th viewer of this topic. That's a lotta zeroes!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111742 on: August 23, 2013, 09:17:47 pm »

Had a nice day. Went swimming, got to see a movie, (was going to see Pacific Rim, but since it wasn't showing in the nearest theatre and we'd have to drive two miles to get to the next nearest, we just saw The World's End instead, which was a nice silly movie), good times were had.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #111743 on: August 23, 2013, 10:15:26 pm »

Done with work, leaving for school Monday, got a free tub of ice cream.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111744 on: August 24, 2013, 12:11:04 am »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111745 on: August 24, 2013, 12:14:20 am »

. . . People gave me free copies of Don't Starve, Hate Plus, and Mirror's Edge recently, which is pretty friggin' amazing and kind, plus I have housing and a job for the next six months, and I stopped by a used book sale and bought about a third of a foot of books.  Epic of Gilgamesh, Hagakure, Doctor Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, some TS Eliot and plays and so on.  All good stuff.

Now, if I can just get off my ass and finish a few projects before the month is out, I'll be in a great position :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #111746 on: August 24, 2013, 12:25:06 am »

Quality writing.
" 'Do not worry it will be gentle, like Chef putting Lasagna in the oven.' "

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #111747 on: August 24, 2013, 12:27:34 am »

Today I learned that I can pay my water bill on the 1st of September without incurring any penalties, which means that I can spend my money from plasma donation this month on things like food. Moar veggies for ramen :3
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111748 on: August 24, 2013, 12:39:13 am »

Speaking of bills, when I checked on my electric account balance the day before the bill was due (as I usually do), I discovered that I owe them negative forty eight dollars.  Since I can't actually pay them negative money and I sure as Hell never paid them fifty bucks more than I owe I'm assuming that, somehow, I was credited a month and a half of pay at some point.  Damned if I know why.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #111749 on: August 24, 2013, 09:28:29 am »

Back from a little trip to the Belgian coast. There was a fair in the town we stayed in, so bumpercars weee.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 7448 7449 [7450] 7451 7452 ... 13325