Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7424 7425 [7426] 7427 7428 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755116 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111375 on: August 18, 2013, 04:09:24 am »

I just finished watching The Iron Giant for the very first time.  I think that's the most I've cried at any film, ever... so good.
Ah, The Iron Giant.

Such a great movie. I haven't seen it in so long though...
* SSG goes off to fix that.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111376 on: August 18, 2013, 04:37:46 am »

Been a long time, but I really liked that one too.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #111377 on: August 18, 2013, 04:53:21 am »

I'm still surprised to see that Twilight Academy thread on this board. It seems like such a "out-of-the-way-internet" thing, like Gaia online or the old MSN groups

Dude I made that like...

what a month ago at most?

Hardly that old o.o
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111378 on: August 18, 2013, 08:14:48 am »

What part of what I said makes you think I said it was old?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #111379 on: August 18, 2013, 08:20:15 am »

I think he was just noting how it's an old style of RP.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #111380 on: August 18, 2013, 08:22:46 am »

How's that supposed to be old-style if I'm doing that for ten years and counting? :P Text RP was and is still strong. You just have to look~
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #111381 on: August 18, 2013, 08:24:12 am »

I know, but freeform RP isn't really as common anymore. Though, Twilight Academy does have rolls, the players are just rather lackadaisical about it.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #111382 on: August 18, 2013, 10:35:59 am »

What part of what I said makes you think I said it was old?

Probably a combination of three in the morning and the tone seeming to be something like a surprised 'who does that anymore?' thing.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111383 on: August 18, 2013, 11:13:40 am »

I just finished watching The Iron Giant for the very first time.  I think that's the most I've cried at any film, ever... so good.
I concur, the first time I watched it I was moved. And I did not have great expectations of the movie, so it was a very pleasant surprise. :)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111384 on: August 18, 2013, 11:31:25 am »

Hi [SOLIFUGE],

Thank you for you submission. You are both knowledgeable and talented in your craft, so I'm happy to announce that we have chosen to award this project to you!

We will email you again shortly with the specifics, and a list of the assets that need to be created.

[COMPANY NAME]

This is just about the nicest thing a client has said to me... it pays to do your homework! Apparently, they didn't know that the Red Cross symbol was copyrighted, and when I explained why I'd drawn their Medic Pack powerup with a Caduceus instead (yes it's the symbol of merchants and not healers, but American Hospitals use the symbol anyway), it apparently impressed them. So much that I beat about 20 other talented artists with far larger work histories.

Not only are they paying pretty well, if this project works out I might have a permanent spot on a small but successful indie Development Team! Hells yes!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:36:38 am by Solifuge »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #111385 on: August 18, 2013, 11:42:29 am »

Nice
It's FEF, not FEOF

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111386 on: August 18, 2013, 01:31:08 pm »

Hi [SOLIFUGE],

Thank you for you submission. You are both knowledgeable and talented in your craft, so I'm happy to announce that we have chosen to award this project to you!

We will email you again shortly with the specifics, and a list of the assets that need to be created.

[COMPANY NAME]

This is just about the nicest thing a client has said to me... it pays to do your homework! Apparently, they didn't know that the Red Cross symbol was copyrighted, and when I explained why I'd drawn their Medic Pack powerup with a Caduceus instead (yes it's the symbol of merchants and not healers, but American Hospitals use the symbol anyway), it apparently impressed them. So much that I beat about 20 other talented artists with far larger work histories.

Not only are they paying pretty well, if this project works out I might have a permanent spot on a small but successful indie Development Team! Hells yes!
I favor the Rod of Asclepius. I managed to get a pin from the local medical bar, too.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 01:32:40 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111387 on: August 18, 2013, 02:48:52 pm »

Ah, Iron Giant. As I've said before, not even Pacific Rim compares.

No following.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111388 on: August 18, 2013, 07:05:28 pm »

Well seeing as I've been in kind of a really bad mood the past few days because of how I've been deciding to watch my language and cut back on the carbohydrates and caffeine in my diet I've decided that in order to cheer myself up I am allowing myself to through caution to the wind and engage in some good old-fashioned gluttony and dietary hedonism tonight by gorging myself on corn dogs and energy drinks.

It's a Sunday tradition for me to pig out and spend the night playing video games anyways so I think it's alright to do this thing that makes me happy as long as I cut back for the rest of the week. Plus I plan on walking about four to eight miles to and from a hardware store in search of shower curtains tomorrow and maybe Tuesday anyways so I think I'll be fine. I look forward to that walk actually seeing as I haven't been out that way before and I'm kind of developing a state of wanderlust that itself will be sated by going out of my comfort zone and gorging on the sights, sounds and sensory input of a place I've never been before.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111389 on: August 18, 2013, 07:06:32 pm »

So, it turns out that telling me I can have whatever I want on my sub is a bad idea. Pastrami, ham, turkey, pepperoni, salami, pepper jack cheese, three different kinds of cheddar, mozzarella, mayo and mustard. I am very full, and very satisfied.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 7424 7425 [7426] 7427 7428 ... 13325