Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7381 7382 [7383] 7384 7385 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779312 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #110730 on: August 07, 2013, 01:19:15 pm »

Why is ramen such a delicious food
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110731 on: August 07, 2013, 01:22:48 pm »

I do have a laptop. It's in said backpack. The problem is storage: there isn't room for my backpack anywhere other than the foot of my bunk. I have only a single small shelf where I store things like my wallet, phone charger, stuff like that. Where the heck am I gonna keep a bunch of books?

Well, I guess I'll hold off for now. Eventually I'll have some space of my own and then maybe I can get the books.
On your hard-drive.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110732 on: August 07, 2013, 01:27:25 pm »

And lose out on the wonderful feel of paper in my hands? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #110733 on: August 07, 2013, 01:32:06 pm »

I couldn't agree more with you, Sirus.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110734 on: August 07, 2013, 01:32:43 pm »

Joe has two more checks at payroll.  I know I worked for those and they aren't 'free', but Joe actually does require that lumpsum money now.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #110735 on: August 07, 2013, 02:14:04 pm »

I'll admit that I like physical books, but I'm not afraid to say that despite that drawback, a Kindle or other reader is so much more convenient at times. Also, reading a book on a computer is crap compared to reading on a reader in an ebook format. It's space-efficient (which seems to be a priority for you), when you finish one you don't have to get up and find the next, and typically ebooks are cheaper than the physical variety.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #110736 on: August 07, 2013, 04:53:47 pm »

I'll admit that I like physical books, but I'm not afraid to say that despite that drawback, a Kindle or other reader is so much more convenient at times. Also, reading a book on a computer is crap compared to reading on a reader in an ebook format. It's space-efficient (which seems to be a priority for you), when you finish one you don't have to get up and find the next, and typically ebooks are cheaper than the physical variety.
Also, you have the advantage of those wonderful, wonderful people at Project Gutenberg making their free eBooks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110737 on: August 07, 2013, 05:08:20 pm »

..many DO have illustrations, you know
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #110738 on: August 07, 2013, 05:26:45 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110739 on: August 07, 2013, 05:26:56 pm »

I love books, but I'm too hard with paper-backs. They shred in my clumsy hands.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110740 on: August 07, 2013, 05:28:07 pm »

Guess who got the job literally a week after her last one finished

--with good starting pay and full benefits.  Like, literally 2x the pay I made at the last job with promises of a salary review after I've been working there for three months, plus I'll be able to keep working there while I take graduate courses.  And it's ethical AND it's going to teach me a whole lot.

That would be Vector, who will be working as an analyst for a consulting firm quite close to UC Berkeley and the beautiful downtown I seldom visited while I was in school; and I'll be able to take coursework while I'm employed there.  And I'll make a living wage, enough to put money away for retirement and all that good stuff.

First job I applied for in this cycle... !  My father was so happy he was pretty much speechless, which is good because he's been pestering me for years about my unemployability and how he doesn't think my life path is going to work too great for me blah blah blah blah blah but I sure showed him!

I'm going to move on up there ASAP.  For my congratulations gift my mother bought me $.55 of hedgepig stickers and they are GREAT, I mean I am all ready to fall in love and seal my letters with those suckers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110741 on: August 07, 2013, 05:39:51 pm »

*hugs* that's great!

So is the hedgehog going to be the official seal of Vector now?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110742 on: August 07, 2013, 05:41:49 pm »

the demi-legendary bakery van has arrived!

it's like an ice cream truck except it bakes the goods as it drives down the road and they're top-tier stuff

i don't know who invented this but they deserve the margins because i can see how silly the prices are (>120% margins or so) and my wallet just doesn't care

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110743 on: August 07, 2013, 05:41:57 pm »

Well, there are exactly 8 stickers, so maybe not the Official Seal.  But animals-wise I am pretty into hedgehogs and bunnies.

*hugs*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110744 on: August 07, 2013, 05:44:07 pm »

In honor of this achievement, I declare Vector the goddess of math and hedgehogs. Use your newfound power wisely, and congratulations!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7381 7382 [7383] 7384 7385 ... 13325