Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7366 7367 [7368] 7369 7370 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766701 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #110505 on: August 02, 2013, 01:11:24 pm »

OOtS always makes me happy.

Also, I can do over 30 pushups in one go without any breaks, this is great. At the beginning of the Summer I could barely do 20. Now i just have to work on actually waking up in the morning to run. I am okay with the running, but the waking up part is hard. (And once the sun comes up it quickly reaches 110°F+ here, so it's not really the greatest or safest conditions for exercising, especially when I already suck at running enough to start with.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110506 on: August 02, 2013, 01:20:00 pm »

Free copy of CK2 via Dutchling.... weee!

EDIT: Bugger. Turns out it wont run on my computer due to graphics card related nonsence. If it is possible to give it away now I have installed it I would be more than willing to, but I have no idea how. Anyone interested/know how?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:53:34 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110507 on: August 02, 2013, 01:27:10 pm »

I never realized how people got so many free games until I got on Steam. Seems like everything comes with extra games on there.

On that note, if any of you want a 3-day trial of Killing Floor, I have two passes available for anybody who can tell me something amusing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #110508 on: August 02, 2013, 01:47:53 pm »

I found a playable Modern deck that only (yeah, only) costs $150. Removing 7 of the best (and most-used outside of it) cards and replacing them with weaker substitutes brings it down to around $60.

Mono-blue Tron if you're wondering. Wurmcoil Engine can get replaced with Steel Hellkite, which means the four Remands cost roughly the same as the rest of the deck. Hm... Cancel, maybe?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110509 on: August 02, 2013, 01:58:52 pm »

I brought an old veteran into employment. The ol' PC's still kicking. How I've missed you, XP.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110510 on: August 02, 2013, 01:59:21 pm »

Reminding myself of things worth being happy about:

I'm actually not bad at the ME3 multiplayer component, and it's pretty fun taken in small doses!  I'm good enough that my teammates are quite willing to revive me, anyway >_> <_<

I have jobs I actually want to apply to.

I went full-out enthusiastically dancing in the kids' talent show last Wednesday, doing a pretty good Macarena and a transition to Gangnam Style, and they were both really pleased with themselves and all able to participate.  And we got some really loud cheers from the audience.  So I'm happy that I've been able to progress past my shyness and hatred of performance for the sake of others.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110512 on: August 02, 2013, 03:30:50 pm »

I also discovered this webcomic. That particular strip, plus the one after it are pretty good.
Yes, this thing is pretty great. Danke, ahaha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110513 on: August 02, 2013, 03:32:41 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #110514 on: August 02, 2013, 03:38:07 pm »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #110515 on: August 02, 2013, 03:48:55 pm »

Survived my first week at the new job.  Logistics is pretty overwhelming stuff to get thrown into like this.  But I'm getting better!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110517 on: August 02, 2013, 05:53:44 pm »

1) Last day of work today. I cannot possibly express the depths of my relief.

2) Had a story related to me about a friend of the family who once, at the Fancy Farm political event (in KY), approached Mitch McConnell with a banana and told him to shove it up his ass. Link. I'm never going to be able to listen to any news about that place again without cracking up. My hero right there, I need to meet him again so I can shake his hand.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110518 on: August 02, 2013, 06:01:18 pm »

It's actually Mozart and Bach.

Agnus Dei is actually a common set of lyrics for music.
The way I understand it is that Megalith is varation of Agnus Dei (Lamb of God). 
Ace Combat has the best music of any video game, even beating out Command and Conquer (But just barely).

I'm nearly finished with the three online classes I'm taking.  I just have about 15 more test to retake (We can take each test twice), and then I'll be done.  I'll still have exams on Tuesday, but I'm not worried about those. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110519 on: August 02, 2013, 06:37:43 pm »

One of those guys I talked about helped us finish our trebuchet. We fired a soccer ball about 100 feet.
Spoiler: AMAZINGNESS (click to show/hide)
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 7366 7367 [7368] 7369 7370 ... 13325