Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7357 7358 [7359] 7360 7361 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753264 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #110370 on: July 31, 2013, 02:28:19 am »

This site is just so...beautiful for an advertisement for a roguelike game. I mean, when you think "roguelike" the first thing that comes to mind isn't usually "really well-done graphic design", so this is a nice change of pace. And the URL is perfect to get a friend or two to look at it when I send them the link. Yes, I approve.
You traitor D:
It's kind of like a cult. You have to draw the people in with things that look nice, and then make sure that they can't leave once you have pulled them in.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110371 on: July 31, 2013, 08:23:54 am »

I don't really like modern fashion.
If you mean runway fashion, then yes, it is silly, and designed specifically to be so. It is all about grabbing attention, and things that look good take a back seat to things that are downright ridiculous.

If you mean what people wear on the street, it really depends on who and what. Although I will agree that lots of covering is generally a good thing. Winter fashion is best fashion.

Nah, I meant street fashion.

In particular, I think jeans look pretty stupid if you're not doing hard physical labor in them.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110372 on: July 31, 2013, 08:28:56 am »

???
90% of the pants I wear are jeans! The other 10% are pajamas...  :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110373 on: July 31, 2013, 08:38:53 am »

... I don't actually own anything not jean, in way of pants. Nor do I wear much else. Khakis feel a little too flimsy, sweat pants are, well, sweat pants (and this is goddamn Florida, help is not needed), and I don't think I've worn anything else that's leg covering. Nor will I go out in something not leg covering, unless I'm specifically going swimming. No point in making it easy for the damned mosquitoes. Or the varying forms of thorn/rash-cause bearing plants, or the varying sorts of parasites, or etc., so forth, so on. Bloody swamp.

Need to get around to hunting down better material for swamp walking, though. One of these days, one of these days...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #110374 on: July 31, 2013, 08:44:03 am »

There is... other pant material o.O?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #110375 on: July 31, 2013, 08:50:35 am »

There's an autistic boy at my preschool. He's 4 now, almost 5. Didn't start speaking until he was nearly 3, but then quickly learned to count up into the thousands in 5 different languages. He's Czech but learns English so fast it never stops amazing me. I don't have to teach him anything, just talk to him and he understands and remembers every word. I'm in love with him and if he were about 20 years older I'd marry him immediately.

His main obsession is numbers, but he has smaller obsessions that change over time. Once he learned the entire Czech name day calendar (he still remembers whose name day it is every day). He knows how old I am and how tall I am in cm. For a while he took every toy with a sliding part, declared it an "elevator" and described the wonderful things on each floor from -100 to 100, including parking lots, peoples' houses, colors, animals, and more. He once spent several weeks walking around with a rubber duckie repeating "kač kač kač" (the Czech word for "quack") and insisting that the duck answer all questions posed to him. Yesterday he was drawing Roman numerals all over the big outdoor chalkboard, pointing at them and reading them: "X I V is FOURTEEN!"

His current obsession is my favorite yet. You know the intro to Pixar films, where the lamp jumps on the letter I until it squishes it?

He's been taking sets of 5 objects - any object will do - and lining them up as though they were letters. He points to it and says "this is Pixar." (Oh, he's been able to read and write for nearly a year and knows the alphabet in both Czech and English.) Then he takes a spare item, declares it a "lamp," bounces it on the second "letter," then removes the letter and replaces it with the lamp. Then he laughs and points at it and says "Now it's Pxar!"

He was doing this all day with random objects - beads, wooden blocks, apple slices - and when I decided to give him a box of wooden letters, his eyes lit up and he made the word "Pixar" and did his little game a few times. Then he slowly started replacing letters. First he replaced A with D and read it (pixdr). Then I became B and he read it (pbxdr - yes, he actually pronounced that). Then X became C, P became A, and R became E - and I realized he had covertly changed "Pixar" to "ABCDE." Then he laid out the rest of the alphabet, laughing the whole time.

He is the best kid in the world and he made my whole day happy. That is all.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110376 on: July 31, 2013, 09:30:19 am »

Well he is doing better than I was. I don't think I could read that well at 4 years old, and I defiantly didn't know Roman Numerals... I hope he does very well for himself.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110377 on: July 31, 2013, 09:46:19 am »

Kids with disabilities are often shockingly nice to be around. Especially if you aren't the ones with responsibility over them (especially then).

My sister learned to speak at 4, spoke intelligible gibberish until then (I could always figure out what she was saying). She never liked numbers however. She ran around like a little nut, climbing things, knocking things over, arts and crafts, et cetera. Just a suped-up preschooler.

I take Latin and I still don't know numerals all that well. X is 10, C 100, L, 50?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #110378 on: July 31, 2013, 09:59:37 am »

I learned to read at 3 but I never had much of a number obsession. He is definitely a savant. I think he will do just fine. He has no problem with eye contact and he's generally very lovable. Just has limitations and needs that most people don't understand. Being autistic myself (though I apparently hide it so well that people are generally shocked to find out), I was the one who recognized it in him, got him diagnosed, and helped him learn some basic social skills. Taught him the rules of the school in a way he could understand, kept him out of trouble, looked after him when he had a meltdown. He's my little mascot now. Very attached to me. We snuggle and he always wants to hold my hand. Which is okay with me because I'm very attached to him too. : )

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110379 on: July 31, 2013, 10:12:21 am »

I learned to read at 3 but I never had much of a number obsession. He is definitely a savant. I think he will do just fine. He has no problem with eye contact and he's generally very lovable. Just has limitations and needs that most people don't understand. Being autistic myself (though I apparently hide it so well that people are generally shocked to find out), I was the one who recognized it in him, got him diagnosed, and helped him learn some basic social skills. Taught him the rules of the school in a way he could understand, kept him out of trouble, looked after him when he had a meltdown. He's my little mascot now. Very attached to me. We snuggle and he always wants to hold my hand. Which is okay with me because I'm very attached to him too. : )
I had problems with eye contact and I'm supposed to be fine. Hell, I still have problems with eye contact. It's weird as all hell.

Sounds something similar to what I do for my little sister. She is real close to me and will always listen to me, even to the exclusion of my mom. It's  because I was always the one who'd explain something to her so that she could understand when my mom would get frustrated. She only has Aspergers though.

???
100% of my trousers at present are cargo trousers. (or pants, for you illiterate 'Muricans :P )
90% of all clothes I wear are the first things I pull out of my drawers, 9% of all clothes are the second thing. 1% is the time I realize I don't have any decent clothes left and look around for whatever looks clean.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110380 on: July 31, 2013, 10:14:35 am »

???
100% of my trousers at present are cargo trousers. (or pants, for you illiterate 'Muricans :P)
No, it is the British that need to learn how to speak English!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110381 on: July 31, 2013, 10:17:45 am »

No, no. That particular linguistic confusion needs to stay. It makes the statement "I'm not wearing pants" much more amusing.

... also "trousers" is still used, albeit rarely (at least in my area), in the states. We actually know what those are, yes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110382 on: July 31, 2013, 11:39:57 am »

<snip>
This is adorable! I love it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #110383 on: July 31, 2013, 11:52:08 am »

Getting thrown into official business phone calls / customer service stuff for the first time in my life with very little preparation.

It's... not too bad so far.  Horribly nervous at first, but got used to it pretty quickly.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110384 on: July 31, 2013, 01:26:45 pm »

Finished playing TLoU.  :3
In complete honesty, it knocks Wind Waker off the pedestal for the 'best game I've ever played' award.
I'm gonna have to play through it at least two more times, and I rarely ever replay games.

Edit:
I made some korean spicy Pork, SPICY PORK WAS AWESOME AND DELICIOUS, I KILLED MY TASTEBUDS
 I BEEN DOING THIS SINCE LUNCH
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That was my reaction on having Szechuan chicken at a restaurant with Osmo, Yoink and Blargityblarg.

...How did you still manage to play laser tag whilst vomiting rainbows all over the place? ???
And, for that matter, why did I not see any rainbows?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 01:29:47 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7357 7358 [7359] 7360 7361 ... 13325