Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7345 7346 [7347] 7348 7349 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15763633 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #110190 on: July 28, 2013, 02:56:40 am »

JUST SAW PACIFIC RIM. IN 3D IMAX. IT WAS PROBABLY THE BEST THING EVER.

Of course, now its one in the morning and I have an early day tomorrow. But still!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #110191 on: July 28, 2013, 03:36:07 am »

That's the plan ;D
Add Ice Station Zebra to your Great Movies list. You'd love it.
I remember that movie.  Or I remember the part where there were submarines, an ice cap, and some guy getting shot.  I keep looking for it but it's never on.

My grandparents found a little black kitten on their doorstep.  They asked the all of ten or so people that live in a several mile radius of where we live, and it didn't belong to anyone.  They had to go to a dog show tonight, so we are watching it.  Barring any problems for when they take it to the vet, and they'll probably keep it.
D'awww.
Kittens are the best :3

E: In other news, I am home! Woo! I've read about half of LOTR this vacation, and we visited some mediaval villages near Roanne in France. After that we moved to a little house we hired in the Ardèche, where we visited some caves and Des Gorges D'Ardèche, but mainly did fucknothing around the pool we had there.

Also, I was woken up by my cat meoiwng at the door of my room today. This makes me happy for some reason.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 04:37:05 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110192 on: July 28, 2013, 05:19:00 am »

I had a World of Darkness-themed dream about humane Gangrel and Brujah lead by the first president of the United States - who was a Brujah - and that somehow crossed over into King of the Hill. Furthermore I got to wake up naturally for a change and don't feel in a state of shock because of loud noises made by an alarm clock. All in all a good rest, even if it was only for a little over two hours.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #110193 on: July 28, 2013, 07:59:41 am »

I've forgotten why I was happy because now this thread is making me remember something that made me sad and disgusted.

It's unfortunate that different people have different tastes, isn't it?

This is the first time in my entire life that I've felt happy, pretty secure, and that I've got a bright future ahead of me.

I'm in the middle of making farewell gifts for my coworkers.  About halfway done.  They're beautiful.
I sent a harshly-worded note that convinced the HPMOR people into giving me physical copies of the first 17 chapters of the fic for my class (they're doing this in "promising areas where talented students gather," meaning usually "white male engineer enclaves").
I wrote up a handout listing the canonical math textbooks, some popularizations, and my own problem-solving techniques for my students.
I'm making good progress on my list of Great Novels and Movies I want to have had exposure to.
I'm applying for jobs that I really want and that pay well.  And I think I'm going to get one.
About to start a tutoring gig tomorrow.
Just finished another brilliant translation with my co-translator.
One of the lesson ideas I pioneered has been met with intrigue and a strong desire to adopt it unmodified from three professional teachers--who happen to be the ones in my little group that I respect the very most.
Was asked to join another role-playing game with one of my friends, which promises to be amazing.  Plus the old one is going to start up again in the fall.
My students have demonstrated irrefutable proof of having internalized the problem-solving skills I was trying so hard to teach them.  Even the ones with the very lowest skill levels.

It actually looks like I'm going to make it.  All the bets I've made over the past ten years are starting to pay dividends, even though those around me tried to convince me that I was making poor choices.

HPMOR is brilliant, isn't it!?

That depends on whether you can tolerate the rather unsubtle prods in the general direction of LessWrong. Still, I don't mind, and it's a fun read.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110194 on: July 28, 2013, 08:59:39 am »

The LessWrong people need to stop acting like white dudes-and-occasionally-women are the only people who exist and are capable of thought, and these kids could frankly use the support of an organization obsessed with cognitive science and personal advancement.  I sort of feel like it's win-win.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #110195 on: July 28, 2013, 09:02:15 am »

I managed to completely flip my sleeping schedule in only two days in preparation for new job, and do a bit of catching up in the process.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110196 on: July 28, 2013, 09:28:26 am »

I'm angry and defiant and as a result deciding to do what I want, how I want, and when I want to for once. This puts me in a good mood, albeit one that's willing to put a knife in the throat of any one of those fuckers that dares try once again as they have over the past twenty-six years to label me as a monster for being mentally disabled. And it feels good. I've felt the best I have in a long time, and I don't care if those cunts at the grocery store tell me to check my white cis male scum privilege just because I have Tourettes, I'll go into that damn store if I please because I'm a paying customer and that means they should do their damn job instead of preaching their ideologies to me. God it feels good to turn rage into laughter and euphoria for a change. I love being a freak.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110197 on: July 28, 2013, 09:34:09 am »

Yeah, how about we don't use the c word.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #110198 on: July 28, 2013, 09:37:03 am »

Yeah, how about we don't use the c word.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110199 on: July 28, 2013, 09:48:00 am »

We are very strongly left wing communist here. The word 'customer' is frowned upon.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110200 on: July 28, 2013, 09:48:30 am »

I'm angry and defiant and as a result deciding to do what I want, how I want, and when I want to for once. This puts me in a good mood, albeit one that's willing to put a knife in the throat of any one of those fuckers that dares try once again as they have over the past twenty-six years to label me as a monster for being mentally disabled. And it feels good. I've felt the best I have in a long time, and I don't care if those cunts at the grocery store tell me to check my white cis male scum privilege just because I have Tourettes, I'll go into that damn store if I please because I'm a paying customer and that means they should do their damn job instead of preaching their ideologies to me. God it feels good to turn rage into laughter and euphoria for a change. I love being a freak.

whoa calm down

I got tourettes too, laugh stuff/people like that off man, no need to have revenge fantasies from it ???

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110201 on: July 28, 2013, 10:48:46 am »

. . .

One of my extremely well-connected literature professors has been pulling strings for me and might be getting me hired at a green energy consulting firm (the executive director's father was a mathematician and would like to hire baby mathematicians, especially me because my teacher's been leveraging me).  Energy + education work, continuing work in translation, then applying to graduate school...

It seems that the foray into literature has been one of my better moves in life.

It also seems that it is possible to recover from my background and history.  It's possible... it's possible.  I thought my life was over, but I've received grace.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110202 on: July 28, 2013, 10:55:16 am »

whoa calm down

I got tourettes too, laugh stuff/people like that off man, no need to have revenge fantasies from it ???
I've spent over twenty years being told by people that I'm a monster because I'm different on the inside on an almost day-to-day basis and as a result find that ice cream after a long walk helps more than laughter ever will, especially when you've gotten to the point where the sad stories on the news make you laugh more than someone telling you a knock-knock joke. I'm alright though. I'm in the best mood I've been in since I'm going to wager 2011 because of this newfound confidence I've acquired.

Also don't take everything you see on the internet at face value. I may be a monster in the eyes of society but I'm more like Ugly the Cat than John Wayne Gacy any day of the week. Despite how I say I hate people and how angry I get the truth is I just want to be nice to people despite their hate towards me. I want to be kind, gentle, loving, and nurturing and I do my best to be such a person on a regular basis. Yet despite this I never get the one thing I want in life - for people to start returning the favor being kind, gentle, loving and nurturing towards me.

My mother does this but then again that's what mothers are supposed to do. I want someone else to show me what I've been doing my damned best to show civilization as a whole my entire life despite the desire of most people I encounter to label me as a freak and a monster just because I've got problems inside both my brain and nervous system that make me a little weirder than what most people are used to. Since I don't want to hurt people and I don't want to be mean to them offline I get my anger and frustration out online so I don't end up turning into the next James Holmes to hit the news. I don't hate people. I hate how they treat me and how they treat other people, and yet despite this I just want to show them love, kindness and understanding. At least now I may be beginning to have the confidence to do such a thing and maybe get results for a change.

Hey, I'm sorry about the whole "If you see Kay tell him he may see you in tea. Tell him for me." bit. I'm fine now and I was fine then. I guess "happy anger" is a little something that people don't get to see around these parts very much, but a couple people I've had the pleasure of knowing over the years have told me that sometimes you've got to do something good, happy and productive with your anger and frustration. It's better advice than I've been given from any of the shrinks they forced me to see over the years and still force me to see to this day could ever give me.

Anyways, have a nice day everyone.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110203 on: July 28, 2013, 11:19:33 am »

Started working on my worldbuilding project, writing up a rough timeline, it's proven somewhat hard to pick a nice enough date to start but It's incredibly fun playing with what if's and completely wierd scenarios.

Also german is fucking awesome!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110204 on: July 28, 2013, 11:22:54 am »

I understand happy anger just fine.  I hope that you also understand that you don't have a monopoly on bad life experiences, and I'll thank you not to use that word again.

Pages: 1 ... 7345 7346 [7347] 7348 7349 ... 13325