Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7324 7325 [7326] 7327 7328 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766055 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #109875 on: July 23, 2013, 10:04:17 am »

Goddess? Wat?
Divine physiology is the results of a great deal of hallucinogens and just enough alcohol to make the imbiber think telling people about it is a good idea. Better not to question it. Your god self is female.

Yesterday I was walking through a supermarket before I went to my performance, and spotted one of those little variety packs of tiny boxes of cereal.

Half price.

Who could resist.
Anyone willing to actually run the price per unit calculation, probably. Variety packs tend to be more expensive :-\

Always gotta' check that half off sale junk, too. More'n once I've seen half off still be like 1.5x the price of the off brand or somethin'. Ruddy predatory marketing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #109876 on: July 23, 2013, 10:09:39 am »

I hate variety boxes. They must go burn in hell. D:<
But.... Butt why? D:
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #109877 on: July 23, 2013, 10:11:20 am »

The real risk of buying something half-price (or even sometimes full-price) in Prague is that it might be well past its expiration date. I've gotten food poisoning several times from buying frozen foods that apparently hadn't been properly handled. I have personally seen supermarkets selling moldy vegetables at a discount many times. I mean, like, rotting, stinky, fuzzy moldy. And I got conned buying cat food once - quite an expensive brand, sold at full price, turned out to be over a year expired and it made my cat sick. I'll never make that mistake again.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109878 on: July 23, 2013, 10:18:45 am »

Exit interview in 15 minutes.  Feeling pretty nervous, because... I wrote one hellacious rant... unloading on someone like this is not normally in my nature.

I've never heard of an 'exit interview' before.

And it's done!  And now I feel fucking amazing.  The HR lady was surprisingly nice.  She even went on a rant of her own.  Apparently she's pretty unhappy with the company, too.  I really spoke my mind.  It's all recorded.  And lots of people in upper management are going to see it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #109879 on: July 23, 2013, 10:22:57 am »

Oh my goodness... I finally got a french press after 4 years of drinking instant coffee and.... WOW. The difference is incredible. SO much better. I'm starting to understand why Americans all have coffee makers in their kitchens...

Yum yum yum! And as soon as I finish this cup, I'll start on my 5% unfiltered beer... Hooray for summer!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109880 on: July 23, 2013, 10:25:01 am »

Exit interview in 15 minutes.  Feeling pretty nervous, because... I wrote one hellacious rant... unloading on someone like this is not normally in my nature.

And it's done!  And now I feel fucking amazing.  The HR lady was surprisingly nice.  She even went on a rant of her own.  Apparently she's pretty unhappy with the company, too.  I really spoke my mind.  It's all recorded.  And lots of people in upper management are going to see it.

And then all of them will promptly not care.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #109881 on: July 23, 2013, 10:38:08 am »

The real risk of buying something half-price (or even sometimes full-price) in Prague is that it might be well past its expiration date.
True, but I don't reckon my little starchy treats are likely to give me food poisoning. I hope. 0.o

Anyway, my happy, going to another performance tonight. If it was as good as yesterday, then it should be a blast. AWAYYYYYYYYYYYY~
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109882 on: July 23, 2013, 10:39:06 am »

I got Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons on my 3DS XL, and these are amazingly charming little games that have aged incredibly well. I really wish there were more quality games for the 3DS Virtual console.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109883 on: July 23, 2013, 10:56:22 am »

I finally got rehired at my old IT job from last summer, after the executives decided that freezing hiring was a bad idea. I start work tomorrow, working 8-5 at $10/hr, a full dollar more per hour than last summer!

The only downside is it's only for the next 4-ish weeks, but after that, I'll be going back to college, so more happy!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109884 on: July 23, 2013, 11:11:01 am »

I got Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons on my 3DS XL, and these are amazingly charming little games that have aged incredibly well. I really wish there were more quality games for the 3DS Virtual console.

It might not be on the 3DS, but go find Link's Awakening- it was built on the same engine as Ages and Seasons, but it's just so much more. T'was a gem from the Gameboy era and easily playable today if you have the means.
Get link's awakening DX instead. It's the remake with color and a bonus dungeon. This site is about the best you are gonna get, but you will need to register on the forums if you want to save your games. Though, I feel it appropriate to warn you that the forums are a more conservative than the bay12 forums.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:12:44 am by Lagslayer »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #109885 on: July 23, 2013, 11:12:35 am »

Goddammit, I want a 3DS simply for these Zelda games.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109886 on: July 23, 2013, 11:26:36 am »

And then all of them will promptly not care.

I think there's a good chance of some of it mattering, since I weighed pretty specific accusations against specific people.  And they may start paying attention to other things, because the company is going to start falling apart really soon.  Everybody hates working there with a passion.  The number of people who are doing the bare minimum out of spite is growing.  People are leaving rather quickly.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109887 on: July 23, 2013, 11:39:06 am »

It might not be on the 3DS, but go find Link's Awakening- it was built on the same engine as Ages and Seasons, but it's just so much more. T'was a gem from the Gameboy era and easily playable today if you have the means.
Get link's awakening DX instead. It's the remake with color and a bonus dungeon. This site is about the best you are gonna get, but you will need to register on the forums if you want to save your games. Though, I feel it appropriate to warn you that the forums are a more conservative than the bay12 forums.

I spent a minute looking, and Link's Awakening DX is available in the Nintendo Eshop for six bucks. Also, there's the original Legend of Zelda and Zelda II from the NES era, though those don't look as appetizing.

If my money bladder didn't hurt so much from just thinking about shoveling out 40$, I'd buy Ocarina of Time 3D, a remake that's now handheld. I wouldn't consider it a bad purchase though, it looks extremely appealing since I never finished the N64 version, mostly because ReDeads scared the shit out of me as a child. However, now that I'm an adult, I can now experience the awful, nightmare inducing screeching and molesty grope attacks of those monsters IN 3D!

It's not out yet, but there's a Zelda game in the works Called "A Link Between Worlds" that's cell-shaded 3d like in Wind Waker, set in an isometric viewpoint and control scheme like Link to the Past, that's going to be a 3DS exclusive. Even if it's a bit heavy on the 3D feature, just judging from the trailer, it looks pretty awesome.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109888 on: July 23, 2013, 11:50:23 am »

Am I the only one who was really freaked out by Link's Awakening as a kid? That whole game had a really creepy/dream vibe, but certain parts made me put the game boy down and do something else.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #109889 on: July 23, 2013, 11:52:07 am »

Waiting. Are most of these remakes NOT 3DS exclusive? :O

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 7324 7325 [7326] 7327 7328 ... 13325