Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7321 7322 [7323] 7324 7325 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768282 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #109830 on: July 22, 2013, 08:06:52 pm »

There is now a trailer for Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Cosmos series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMJxjYRXYkU

Aw man aw man aw man aw man. Just one more year. OuO

Oh, of COURSE Fox is doing this.

It seems to trade in some of the imagination and awe and austerity of Sagan's Cosmos for OVER THE TOP SPECIAL EFFECTS BUDGET WOOHOO... but at least I can trust Tyson to do it justice.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109831 on: July 22, 2013, 08:12:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The antidote to zombies is apparently BB gun bullets. Saw this at the store and thought it was pretty cute.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109832 on: July 22, 2013, 08:29:29 pm »

My parents said they will buy an Oculus Rift if I get my Raspberry Pi working and also get the Kinect working with the FRC robot. Oh fuck yes.
I've wanted to try this or a track IR for fps games for a while. It seems pretty nifty. I should probably warn you that I've heard the Oculus Rift has an unfortunately low screen resolution.

In totally unrelated news... I just made a wonderful bet with a friend. I'll be taking a bullet, but it is worth it.
So the downside is I have to read the twilight series. Four shitty books? Shouldn't be too hard.
She, however, has to read the diskworld series. Yes, the entire series. Protip: Always read the fine print on a bet.

I'm only a betting man when I know I'm going to win.  :D
I'm tempted to call that a dick move. Discworld is huge. At least make it an even bet and make her read 4 Discworld Books of your choosing.
In fairness Pratchett's books are typically pretty short. I usually managed to finish them in one day, which is not typical for me.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:36:41 pm by Pnx »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109833 on: July 22, 2013, 08:41:38 pm »

My parents said they will buy an Oculus Rift if I get my Raspberry Pi working and also get the Kinect working with the FRC robot. Oh fuck yes.
I've wanted to try this or a track IR for fps games for a while. It seems pretty nifty. I should probably warn you that I've heard the Oculus Rift has an unfortunately low screen resolution.

Yes, this is true, and is a well-known issue, and is even stated right on their website. The version available right now is the dev version, meant for people who want an early start on supporting the rift in their games. The commercial version will have a much higher res, though still not quite enough.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109834 on: July 22, 2013, 08:59:57 pm »

Starting a new game of Mass Effect with an ultra-manipulative no-regard-for-others total-bitch Vanguard Shephard.

Let's see what happens.  I expect a lot of dying.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109835 on: July 22, 2013, 09:40:00 pm »

Yah, I'm doing Veteran this time around.  Very easy so far, but it's the intro mission and I just got off of ME2, where I finally began to understand the whole "cover" thing.

My main Shephard is a vaguely socially awkward tomboy, new to the whole "alien" thing but generally open-minded, who occasionally gives good speeches and tries to make life easier for people, but has little respect for incompetence, tomfoolery, or skullduggery.  She plays about equal parts Paragon and Renegade, though her solutions tend to shy away from killing folks unnecessarily (hence, in the end, she gets paragon results for the final decisions).  I wanted to see how much of a different personality I could play as while waiting for ME3.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109836 on: July 22, 2013, 09:41:50 pm »

What. Is it hanging off a sword? I can't tell what it's hanging off of. Also it does look pretty cool.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109837 on: July 22, 2013, 10:08:47 pm »

... that sensation when you look at an extra credit assignment, realize you'd pass the course if you flat bombed the final, and then just shrug the opportunity off. It's... mildly liberating.

More troublesome is the urge to flat bomb the final, just because I can. I won't (if for no other reason than failing stuff like this takes almost as much effort as passing, these days :-\), but it's tempting.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109838 on: July 22, 2013, 11:38:07 pm »

... that sensation when you look at an extra credit assignment, realize you'd pass the course if you flat bombed the final, and then just shrug the opportunity off. It's... mildly liberating.

More troublesome is the urge to flat bomb the final, just because I can. I won't (if for no other reason than failing stuff like this takes almost as much effort as passing, these days :-\), but it's tempting.

Flat-bombing doesn't take any effort. If you can, don't show up. If that's not an option, turn in a blank test. No effort required.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109839 on: July 22, 2013, 11:50:17 pm »

... the cognitive effort it takes to do that is roughly equivalent to just taking the bloody thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109840 on: July 23, 2013, 12:09:39 am »

Trucking seems to be going well so far. Got a couple thousand miles under my belt, not needing as much sleep or drink (though I still struggle with snack cravings), and learning all sorts of things I never would have known otherwise. And it hasn't even been a week yet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109841 on: July 23, 2013, 12:12:11 am »

Is there any special skills needed for trucking besides needing to be able to lift the cab?

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #109842 on: July 23, 2013, 12:14:05 am »

I just woke up.

At midnight.

And I don't care =D

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109843 on: July 23, 2013, 12:19:38 am »

Is there any special skills needed for trucking besides needing to be able to lift the cab?
Lift the cab...?  ???
Anyway, you need to be in reasonably good shape, have good eyesight (can be correctable with lenses) and hearing, at least three years of a clean driving record, and the willingness to sit in and drive a large, very heavy vehicle for up to 11-14 hours a day. It helps if you know how to use a stickshift, but that's not required to get accepted at a school.

That's all you need to get started. Everything else you learn hands-on and on the job.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109844 on: July 23, 2013, 12:32:59 am »

After seeing Steam notifications about Putnam starting up Oblivion for a few hours, I saw this gem:

It made me laugh more than it reasonably should have. Thanks for making my night, Putnam.
Pages: 1 ... 7321 7322 [7323] 7324 7325 ... 13325