Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7303 7304 [7305] 7306 7307 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773012 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #109560 on: July 19, 2013, 02:21:40 am »

Yes. A Cracked article. Some of you are cringing away in fear or hatred or disgust or whatever. That's nice. I'm glad you have formed a strong opinion and are sticking to your principles, or whatever other platitude-thingy fits in right here, but I don't care too terribly much if you hate Cracked. John Cheese just made a few extremely good points that make me view my day a bit better.

I actually love Cracked, it's one of my guilty pleasures. Nothing wrong with that!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109561 on: July 19, 2013, 02:24:00 am »

...Did Namco do any light gun shooters? I'm wondering if they did Time Crisis or House of the Dead, specifically.
People should name their favourite arcade games. And not arcade-style, they should be actual arcade games you've played in arcades before. Like Sniper Scope. I love Sniper Scope.
Well, those were two of my favorites. Whether blasting zombies or taking cover against terrorists, I spent many a quarter on them. Another favorite is this Star Wars game where you use a joystick to either shoot things (typically TIE fighters in space segments and stormtroopers in ground segments) or wield a lightsaber. At the end, you got to duel Vader.
Played the hell out of that one, though it was only for one day. Haven't seen it since. Its rare that I get to see good arcade games anymore. Metal Slug is bloody EVERYWHERE though and I love it.
Metal Slug is amazing, but if you can get the series for the PC or one of the console ports your wallet will thank you.
I love that Star Wars game. And also The Lost World. But I'be played through them so many times I don't get the same feeling anymore. This other one I like is this Chinese game which is an RTS card game combo. To play it I had to buy a starter pack from the front desk, and then each battle it gives you a card. You lay out the cards on this flat table in front of the machine and it can tell what they are along with location, so you move the cards around on the table to give commands.
I looked it up and i think the game was Sangokushi Taisen. If it worked as intended it sounds pretty cool.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #109562 on: July 19, 2013, 02:24:10 am »

...Did Namco do any light gun shooters? I'm wondering if they did Time Crisis or House of the Dead, specifically.
People should name their favourite arcade games. And not arcade-style, they should be actual arcade games you've played in arcades before. Like Sniper Scope. I love Sniper Scope.
Well, those were two of my favorites. Whether blasting zombies or taking cover against terrorists, I spent many a quarter on them. Another favorite is this Star Wars game where you use a joystick to either shoot things (typically TIE fighters in space segments and stormtroopers in ground segments) or wield a lightsaber. At the end, you got to duel Vader.
Played the hell out of that one, though it was only for one day. Haven't seen it since. Its rare that I get to see good arcade games anymore. Metal Slug is bloody EVERYWHERE though and I love it.
Metal Slug is amazing, but if you can get the series for the PC or one of the console ports your wallet will thank you.
I love that Star Wars game. And also The Lost World. But I'be played through them so many times I don't get the same feeling anymore. This other one I like is this Chinese game which is an RTS card game combo. To play it I had to buy a starter pack from the front desk, and then each battle it gives you a card. You lay out the cards on this flat table in front of the machine and it can tell what they are along with location, so you move the cards around on the table to give commands.
ohmigod ohmigod I have no idea what you're talking about but it sounds soooooo coooooool

EDIT: Yeah I liked cracked for a few months until I got used to their humour and now it doesn't have any punch anymore.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109563 on: July 19, 2013, 02:28:51 am »

Yes. A Cracked article. Some of you are cringing away in fear or hatred or disgust or whatever. That's nice. I'm glad you have formed a strong opinion and are sticking to your principles, or whatever other platitude-thingy fits in right here, but I don't care too terribly much if you hate Cracked. John Cheese just made a few extremely good points that make me view my day a bit better.

I actually love Cracked, it's one of my guilty pleasures. Nothing wrong with that!

Indeed, I feel the same. I have heard many rather vocal opinions that do not like Cracked, and I felt like being... Whatever I was right there. Condescending, I guess?
Basically, I'm a jerk when I'm happy. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #109564 on: July 19, 2013, 02:38:03 am »

When did it become cool to hate Cracked? I feel like there has to have been a specific incident that caused this change in so many people's opinions.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109565 on: July 19, 2013, 02:39:59 am »

I've got nothing against Cracked, don't go there on a regular basis but the articles I've read i liked.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #109566 on: July 19, 2013, 02:41:02 am »

I looked it up and i think the game was Sangokushi Taisen. If it worked as intended it sounds pretty cool.
Yeah that's the one! Huh, I did not know that my town was one of the only two English speaking locations that has it. It is really cool, though really expensive in terms of points cost.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109567 on: July 19, 2013, 02:52:19 am »

It also seems to have had 2 DS ports (in Japan anyway). Probably weren't as cool anyway.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #109568 on: July 19, 2013, 03:04:05 am »

I do like the phrase "learn-ninja". Sounds a bit more dignified and is a bit more of an apt description of myself. (Though I don't post to learn things as often as I just post things when I feel like making a brief, minor quasi-contribution to a conversation).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #109569 on: July 19, 2013, 03:10:44 am »

When did it become cool to hate Cracked? I feel like there has to have been a specific incident that caused this change in so many people's opinions.
I didn't know people didn't like it. Thats odd. I don't think they're bad, but I got a bit burnt out after reading all their articles every day for a few months. I still go back and look at the photoplasties every few days since those are hilarious.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

what i did until now wasn't wizardry, animism more like

no such thing as improper wizardry unless you're doing it wrong and even then you're doing it right but the 'it' changes
So if I were to try wizardry things but be really awful at it what would I be doing?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109571 on: July 19, 2013, 11:10:22 am »

Pretending to be a wizard?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109572 on: July 19, 2013, 11:24:11 am »

I don't like cracked's pretensions of being some kind of science source (it isn't)/philosophy compass(it isn't)/moral guide(to each it's own, but I won't stand to be preached at)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #109573 on: July 19, 2013, 11:30:39 am »

I don't like cracked's pretensions of being some kind of science source (it isn't)/philosophy compass(it isn't)/moral guide(to each it's own, but I won't stand to be preached at)
They're not preaching. They're bloody writers on a comedy site.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109574 on: July 19, 2013, 11:48:34 am »

I'm pretty sure they have 'This is a comedy site' in at least one place on the site thats reasonably findable.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 7303 7304 [7305] 7306 7307 ... 13325