Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7296 7297 [7298] 7299 7300 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771634 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #109455 on: July 18, 2013, 12:37:22 am »

I do this terrible thing where I know I want to do something, and really should do something, but then I procrastinate and take a while until I actually start this something. Anyways, my goal this Summer is to get much more fit than I currently am, in order to prepare myself for things in the near future (physical fitness tests, yay!). But now I'm buckling down and actually doing stuff, so that makes me pretty happy. I have found that if I tell myself I like exercise, I actually don't mind it that much. Does anyone know if there is any overlap in the muscles used by push-ups and pull-ups, though? Just curious because mixing stuff up can't hurt.

...The running is definitely not starting though. My choices are either night-time running or morning running, neither of which I'm a huge fan of, because it's over 100 degrees every single day here. I suppose I could run during the day, I should probably research a bit. (Ninja edit: The first page I opened about running in the heat pretty much says "Don't!" This isn't encouraging.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #109456 on: July 18, 2013, 12:38:36 am »

So I'm almost done Mass Effect, and it is a damn good game. However, I've decided to play it through twice more - once as a paragon Jean-Luc Picard Shepard, and one as a renegade sex machine CAPTAIN MOTHERFUCKING KIRK Shepard.
I await the proceedings with glee
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109457 on: July 18, 2013, 12:42:33 am »

Dude :D

After I buy and finish ME3, I'm totally doing a similar thing.  Renegade Vanguard don't-fuck-with-me machine.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #109458 on: July 18, 2013, 12:44:12 am »

Dude :D

After I buy and finish ME3, I'm totally doing a similar thing.  Renegade Vanguard don't-fuck-with-me machine.
Also, Kirk will romance all da wimminz and be totally chill with them killing each other over him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #109459 on: July 18, 2013, 12:47:37 am »

...The running is definitely not starting though. My choices are either night-time running or morning running, neither of which I'm a huge fan of, because it's over 100 degrees every single day here. I suppose I could run during the day, I should probably research a bit. (Ninja edit: The first page I opened about running in the heat pretty much says "Don't!" This isn't encouraging.)
But but... night-time is the most enjoyable time for running/jogging/walking.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109460 on: July 18, 2013, 12:51:03 am »

It's not much better here. Especially when i would rather run wearing my kevlar vest. Which is a terrible idea because i doubt people will react well to a guy running down the street in a kevlar vest at night. Even without though it's too damn hot.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109461 on: July 18, 2013, 12:59:59 am »

Knee deep in planetary research for a game project.

-SNIP-
Solifuge, have you looked into Space Engine?

I mucked around a bit with an earlier version of it. I like the procedurally generated planets, and the asteroids and such too. Very cool, pretty impressive, and it definitely creates a good sense of scale.

In completely unrelated news... apparently Capcom made D&D into a side-scrolling Beat'em-Up. It's the meeting point between Spikey Haired Swordsmen and Owlbears, and it's Anime as hell.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109462 on: July 18, 2013, 01:03:06 am »

But but... night-time is the most enjoyable time for running/jogging/walking.

Yeah, I might do that. Night/evening is much better than morning, at least. But the lighting isn't the greatest, so I worry about falling on my face.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109463 on: July 18, 2013, 02:29:01 am »

I bought a Hive Tyrant, a Broodlord, a unit of Genestealers, and some green stuff, to go with the squad of Hormagaunts, squad of Termagants, squad of Genestealers, and Warrior brood I already have. Woot woot. I might ACTUALLY be able to fight my friend's tiny ass army of Space Marines in a stand up fight and not get utterly stomped!

Now the only question is... Winged Hive Tyrant or no?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109464 on: July 18, 2013, 03:37:29 am »

People still read fan-fiction? Well, more specifically Harry Potter fan-fiction.
People keep writing it, and some of it continues to be good. Until that stops, people will keep reading. Is not surprising concept.

Hell, I still read Ranma or Sailor Moon fanfiction when something decent pops up, and for whatever reason decent stuff keeps popping up. They've been writing this stuff since before a good chunk of the people on this forum were born, and the train just keeps coming. Is one of the reasons I love fanfiction, yes.

In completely unrelated news... apparently Capcom made D&D into a side-scrolling Beat'em-Up. It's the meeting point between Spikey Haired Swordsmen and Owlbears, and it's Anime as hell.
... just now finding out about this, huh? First released in '96~

Guess the re-release thingy's been stirring up some new attention? You might also be interested in Tower of Doom! Released two years earlier, japanese exclusive. Think it may have been included in the remaking stuffs, dunno. Remember them both being pretty decent as beat 'em ups go.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109465 on: July 18, 2013, 03:40:21 am »

I was at the Missouri S&T campus and found these in a tunnel people had decorated.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109466 on: July 18, 2013, 06:00:04 am »

Replaying through Portal 2. It's an even better game than I remember. Maybe because I actually realize everything the developers did right, and how it could have gone wrong.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109467 on: July 18, 2013, 06:32:43 am »

Documentary on tv about the various land crabs of Christmas Island... Crabs are so cute =3

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #109468 on: July 18, 2013, 06:49:17 am »

Yup, still gives me the chills.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #109469 on: July 18, 2013, 07:26:24 am »

I had a visit to my dentist go a lot better than I expected. Last time I was there, he pretty much said it was very likely I'd need root canal treatment. Now it's pretty much "keep up what you're at, get your teeth professionally cleaned, come back and get a couple fillings soonish and you'll be fine." Hurrah for continued teeth-in-working-order!
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!
Pages: 1 ... 7296 7297 [7298] 7299 7300 ... 13325