Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7276 7277 [7278] 7279 7280 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15751679 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #109155 on: July 12, 2013, 09:26:31 pm »

I bet you his condoms are tiny batsuits.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109156 on: July 12, 2013, 09:26:55 pm »

Haha:

Lieutenant-General Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart[1] VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO (5 May 1880 – 5 June 1963), was a British Army officer of Belgian and Irish descent. He served in the Boer War, First World War, and Second World War, was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip, and ear, survived a plane crash, tunneled out of a POW camp, and bit off his own fingers when a doctor refused to amputate them. He later said, "Frankly I had enjoyed the war... ...and why do people want peace if the war is so much fun?"
He may actually be more insane than Mad Jack. That's a hell of an accomplishment.
Some people just want to see the world blow up.

In my family, we have the less badass story of my great-great-grandfather, who had the top of his head torn off by a mortar, was taken to the field hospital in a coma, and woke up three days later, head barely patched up, and said "I'm dying for a cigar."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109157 on: July 12, 2013, 09:33:01 pm »

Haha:

Lieutenant-General Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart[1] VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO (5 May 1880 – 5 June 1963), was a British Army officer of Belgian and Irish descent. He served in the Boer War, First World War, and Second World War, was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip, and ear, survived a plane crash, tunneled out of a POW camp, and bit off his own fingers when a doctor refused to amputate them. He later said, "Frankly I had enjoyed the war... ...and why do people want peace if the war is so much fun?"
He may actually be more insane than Mad Jack. That's a hell of an accomplishment.

I've only read Jack Churchill's wikipedia and tvtropes pages, but just those didn't give me an impression of insanity.  Seems to me like he was just extremely confident, and had the real knowledge and ability to make it justified.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109158 on: July 12, 2013, 09:40:46 pm »

it has been raining yesterday

all day, heavily so

it stopped for the night (as far as i know at least) and now the sun's going up and guess what

more rain

yay rainy season delayed by three months yay this will fuck up the autumn gloriously yay

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #109159 on: July 12, 2013, 10:21:10 pm »

Honestly, in the original Arkham Asylum strip's creator notes it says that everything about Batman is supposed to read "suuuuuuper repressed and gay" and part of the whole Joker thing is that he represents both the desirably intoxicating (pretty much everything that's forbidden or transgressive for men, basically) and that which we tell ourselves must be suppressed "for the good of society."  Hence why Batman never does a very good job of catching him.

IT'S IN THE NOTES

just do it already
I am telling you, the reason Joker does not reciprocate Harley Quinn's advances is because he would never betray his one true (obsessive, crazy) love, the Batman.

I maintain there exists a similar situation with Albert Wesker and Chris Redfield in Resident Evil.
Hmm, asexual makes sense as well.  I'll take an explicit side of that too, thanks.
I've always interpreted Batman as so crazily dedicated to his role as Batman from a prepubescent age that whatever sexuality he may or may not have had is now hopelessly vestigial due to being fully dedicated to being Batman. Indeed, almost every regular human element of Bruce Wane ends up crushed under the force of justice that is Batman, to the point that there is no telling who has the better claim of being the dominant identity.
Batman's sexual identity is Batman.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109160 on: July 12, 2013, 10:25:00 pm »

So I went out to replace a noisy fan... In the end my father decided to buy me a new power supply and casing, which is nice.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109161 on: July 12, 2013, 10:33:58 pm »

Batman's sexual identity is Batman.
He never takes off the mask or utility belt.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109162 on: July 12, 2013, 10:57:04 pm »

I think I've heard that the original Batman was completely asexual.

Update on exit interview shenanigans:[snip] Another thing is she made some glaring grammatical errors in this e-mail.  Like words completely switched around.  This is a person who is normally so perfectionist and composed that she comes off as Stepford Wife uncanny valley creepy.  As I had just finished reading the e-mail, my manager commented out his office door, "She clearly does not want to conduct this interview with you.".
Wait, are you saying that you managed to screw up a perfectionist merely by being an imminent interviewee?

This is a new superpower if I'd ever seen one. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109163 on: July 12, 2013, 11:05:42 pm »

Haha:

I've only read Jack Churchill's wikipedia and tvtropes pages, but just those didn't give me an impression of insanity.  Seems to me like he was just extremely confident, and had the real knowledge and ability to make it justified.
I'm not denying his ability. But the man said "If it weren't for those damn yanks we could've kept the war going another 10 years." Also after retiring he took a train home and tossed his suitcase out of the window because it was his backyard and he didn't want to carry it all the way home. So maybe not insane so much as very eccentric.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #109164 on: July 12, 2013, 11:07:31 pm »

Happy birthday to me!

* RedWarrior0 goes to Canada and gets drunk

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109165 on: July 12, 2013, 11:14:19 pm »

I think I've heard that the original Batman was completely asexual.

Update on exit interview shenanigans:[snip] Another thing is she made some glaring grammatical errors in this e-mail.  Like words completely switched around.  This is a person who is normally so perfectionist and composed that she comes off as Stepford Wife uncanny valley creepy.  As I had just finished reading the e-mail, my manager commented out his office door, "She clearly does not want to conduct this interview with you.".
Wait, are you saying that you managed to screw up a perfectionist merely by being an imminent interviewee?

This is a new superpower if I'd ever seen one. :P

It sure seems that way.  Brightened my day a bit.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #109166 on: July 12, 2013, 11:15:42 pm »

Honestly, in the original Arkham Asylum strip's creator notes it says that everything about Batman is supposed to read "suuuuuuper repressed and gay" and part of the whole Joker thing is that he represents both the desirably intoxicating (pretty much everything that's forbidden or transgressive for men, basically) and that which we tell ourselves must be suppressed "for the good of society."  Hence why Batman never does a very good job of catching him.

IT'S IN THE NOTES

just do it already
I am telling you, the reason Joker does not reciprocate Harley Quinn's advances is because he would never betray his one true (obsessive, crazy) love, the Batman.

I maintain there exists a similar situation with Albert Wesker and Chris Redfield in Resident Evil.
Hmm, asexual makes sense as well.  I'll take an explicit side of that too, thanks.
I've always interpreted Batman as so crazily dedicated to his role as Batman from a prepubescent age that whatever sexuality he may or may not have had is now hopelessly vestigial due to being fully dedicated to being Batman. Indeed, almost every regular human element of Bruce Wane ends up crushed under the force of justice that is Batman, to the point that there is no telling who has the better claim of being the dominant identity.
That reminds me of the ending of that one episode of Batman Beyond.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109167 on: July 12, 2013, 11:21:47 pm »

Happy: My favorite baseball team is currently winning, and in dominant fashion. This is a happy because they normally suck.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109168 on: July 13, 2013, 12:08:29 am »

IT'S IN THE NOTES

just do it already

I like the idea that Harley wants Joker, Joker wants Batman, and Batman could have gone either way but now wants Batman.  It's like the perfect recipe for the most angsty, masturbatory fanfiction imaginable.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #109169 on: July 13, 2013, 12:49:40 am »

I decided to give the Devil May Cry reboot a chance.

Gameplay-wise it's about the same, but easy, even easier than DMC 4.  The weapon style is pretty cool, instead of switching between your whole arsenal you have rebellion by default, and when you hold down the trigger keys you attack with your angel/demon weapons instead.  There's at least two of each, possibly more, and they have different playstyles (Demon weapons are slow but strong and best for single enemies, angel weapons are fast medium-range weapons), and being able to instantly switch weapons around like this makes for more varied and intuitive combat. 

It's much more western, but somehow manages to be way crazier than the Japanese DMC games, like the time you

Spoiler: Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, maybe this is just the same gaijin sensibilities that kept me from enjoying God Hand's humor, but Dante's banter with the bosses in these is much less terrible.  It's still bad, but in an obviously tongue in cheek kind of way.  The old games were just strange.  Dante's sense of humor is obviously demonic because it's perpendicular to what any sane human would consider funny or even a joke at all, but the demons clearly get it because they get really fucking pissed.  They could've at least given us human subtitles.

7/5
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:53:07 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 7276 7277 [7278] 7279 7280 ... 13325