Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7275 7276 [7277] 7278 7279 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746310 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #109140 on: July 12, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »

So I went onto Netflix to find an old show I really liked called Early Edition, about a guy that gets tomorrow's newspaper every morning, and it details events that haven't happened yet, and he uses it to prevent murders and stop crimes and all that jazz. It was probably the bossest thing to come out of the Nineties.

I remember enjoying that show! :D
I remember seeing one or two episodes of that show!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109143 on: July 12, 2013, 02:20:37 pm »

The Netherlands Plan for Global Takeover©
And it would probably be completely legal since they called dips on all new land.
Draining the ocean seams like a reasonable idea though, it would lower the risk of Sharknados.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109144 on: July 12, 2013, 04:19:53 pm »

I spent quite a lot of time remaking the entire back-end of a game I am making and porting the thing to SDL2 from SDL.

My reward? A sixfold increase in FPS.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109145 on: July 12, 2013, 04:57:43 pm »

Ah, EU3, you cruel temptress...

"You have inherited Norway, Sweeden, Finland and Gotland" - about time, I have been waiting nearly 120 years.

Form Empire of Scandanavia? Yes please! Now begins the settlement of North America, starting at the north Atlantic coast, working my way down to Florida and beyond. What could go wrong?
This is a blank sig.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109146 on: July 12, 2013, 05:36:17 pm »

Haha:

Lieutenant-General Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart[1] VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO (5 May 1880 – 5 June 1963), was a British Army officer of Belgian and Irish descent. He served in the Boer War, First World War, and Second World War, was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip, and ear, survived a plane crash, tunneled out of a POW camp, and bit off his own fingers when a doctor refused to amputate them. He later said, "Frankly I had enjoyed the war... ...and why do people want peace if the war is so much fun?"
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109147 on: July 12, 2013, 05:42:18 pm »

Haha:

Lieutenant-General Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart[1] VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO (5 May 1880 – 5 June 1963), was a British Army officer of Belgian and Irish descent. He served in the Boer War, First World War, and Second World War, was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip, and ear, survived a plane crash, tunneled out of a POW camp, and bit off his own fingers when a doctor refused to amputate them. He later said, "Frankly I had enjoyed the war... ...and why do people want peace if the war is so much fun?"
He may actually be more insane than Mad Jack. That's a hell of an accomplishment.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109148 on: July 12, 2013, 08:39:13 pm »

Enough faffing about with subtext.  Make Batman actually visibly gay.  I think it would be AMAZING.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #109149 on: July 12, 2013, 08:48:53 pm »

I'd like to see it happen just for the fan rage.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109150 on: July 12, 2013, 08:52:38 pm »

Honestly, in the original Arkham Asylum strip's creator notes it says that everything about Batman is supposed to read "suuuuuuper repressed and gay" and part of the whole Joker thing is that he represents both the desirably intoxicating (pretty much everything that's forbidden or transgressive for men, basically) and that which we tell ourselves must be suppressed "for the good of society."  Hence why Batman never does a very good job of catching him.

IT'S IN THE NOTES

just do it already
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109151 on: July 12, 2013, 08:55:37 pm »

Haha:

He may actually be more insane than Mad Jack. That's a hell of an accomplishment.
Some people just want to see the world blow up.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109152 on: July 12, 2013, 09:04:41 pm »

I think I've heard that the original Batman was completely asexual.

Update on exit interview shenanigans:

Received the e-mail for scheduling it tonight from the office's HR person.  The anticipation level for this thing just rose a few notches.  She wants to conduct the interview by conference call, and the times she's offered to do it put it off to the very last day, at times that she believes will be inconvenient for me.  My manager says he has never heard of it being handled this way before.  She doesn't normally put things off, and they've never done one over the phone before.  Another thing is she made some glaring grammatical errors in this e-mail.  Like words completely switched around.  This is a person who is normally so perfectionist and composed that she comes off as Stepford Wife uncanny valley creepy.  As I had just finished reading the e-mail, my manager commented out his office door, "She clearly does not want to conduct this interview with you."

Honestly, doing it over the phone is perfect.  I can write everything down in advance and read it straight off the sheet without them even knowing that I'm doing it that way, or any of the inhibitions that normally come with face-to-face brutal honesty.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109153 on: July 12, 2013, 09:05:44 pm »

Hmm, asexual makes sense as well.  I'll take an explicit side of that too, thanks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109154 on: July 12, 2013, 09:23:51 pm »

Honestly, in the original Arkham Asylum strip's creator notes it says that everything about Batman is supposed to read "suuuuuuper repressed and gay" and part of the whole Joker thing is that he represents both the desirably intoxicating (pretty much everything that's forbidden or transgressive for men, basically) and that which we tell ourselves must be suppressed "for the good of society."  Hence why Batman never does a very good job of catching him.

IT'S IN THE NOTES

just do it already
I am telling you, the reason Joker does not reciprocate Harley Quinn's advances is because he would never betray his one true (obsessive, crazy) love, the Batman.

I maintain there exists a similar situation with Albert Wesker and Chris Redfield in Resident Evil.
Hmm, asexual makes sense as well.  I'll take an explicit side of that too, thanks.
I've always interpreted Batman as so crazily dedicated to his role as Batman from a prepubescent age that whatever sexuality he may or may not have had is now hopelessly vestigial due to being fully dedicated to being Batman. Indeed, almost every regular human element of Bruce Wane ends up crushed under the force of justice that is Batman, to the point that there is no telling who has the better claim of being the dominant identity.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7275 7276 [7277] 7278 7279 ... 13325