Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7272 7273 [7274] 7275 7276 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15741157 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #109095 on: July 11, 2013, 09:24:41 pm »

Managed to argue my way into a half-day tomorrow, because it made sense that I would get one.  Gonna get to sleep tonight.

Feeling really good, somehow, despite my ridiculous schedule.  Confirmed one tutoring student for the weekends, likely about to grab another two, prepping to put up flyers at the local community colleges because I'm pretty sure that's where the money is.  Lining up another two job apps for the fall.  Have about half the cost of one graduate course already, and I'll be making the rest of the cost from my current job's paycheck.  Work in the fall should get me another one or two courses paid for, plus working for my dad on the weekends to the tune of $15/hour.

*huff huff*

I'm gonna make it!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109096 on: July 11, 2013, 10:06:56 pm »

So just had the quitting talk with my manager.  One of the most fun conversations I've ever had.  Poor guy has always been stuck in the middle of a lot of bullshit, and pretty honest about it with me.  Never had many problems with him.

He very helpfully informed me that there will be an exit interview.  I'm literally going to be sat down with a couple of the people most responsible for the misery I've experienced here over the last few years, and prompted to say to them all the things I've never been able to say.  This is seriously going to be the best thing ever.  There will be preparations.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109097 on: July 11, 2013, 10:09:02 pm »

So just had the quitting talk with my manager.  One of the most fun conversations I've ever had.  Poor guy has always been stuck in the middle of a lot of bullshit, and pretty honest about it with me.  Never had many problems with him.

He very helpfully informed me that there will be an exit interview.  I'm literally going to be sat down with a couple of the people most responsible for the misery I've experienced here over the last few years, and prompted to say to them all the things I've never been able to say.  This is seriously going to be the best thing ever.  There will be preparations.
Yes. Fuck yes. That's awesome.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109098 on: July 11, 2013, 10:30:51 pm »

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:32:52 pm by Remuthra »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109099 on: July 11, 2013, 10:45:10 pm »

Joe learned about this cake and lies tonight. Finally.  Shorter game than I thought.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109100 on: July 11, 2013, 11:41:30 pm »

Batman is really really fun now that I've stopped ultra-sucking at it.  I don't know how they managed it, but it really feels exactly like it was ripped straight out of the comics.  Awesomely campy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109101 on: July 11, 2013, 11:49:36 pm »

Batman is really really fun now that I've stopped ultra-sucking at it.  I don't know how they managed it, but it really feels exactly like it was ripped straight out of the comics.  Awesomely campy.
What batman game are you playing?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109102 on: July 11, 2013, 11:56:46 pm »

Arkham Asylum.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #109103 on: July 11, 2013, 11:57:30 pm »

This premise is hilarious:
http://www.runestorm.com/viscera
Disaster! An alien invasion and subsequent infestation have decimated this facility. Many lives were lost, the facility was ruined and the aliens were unstoppable. All hope was lost until one survivor found the courage to fight back and put the aliens in their place!
It was a long and horrific battle as the survivor dueled with all manner of horrific life-forms and alien mutations, but our hero won out in the end and destroyed the alien menace! Humanity was saved!

Unfortunately, the alien infestation and the heroic efforts of the courageous survivors have left rather a mess thoughout the facility. As the janitor, it is your duty to get this place cleaned up.
So grab your mop and roll up your sleeves, this is gonna be one messy job.
Today you're on Viscera Cleanup Detail!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #109104 on: July 12, 2013, 12:35:14 am »

Okay, so I think I've got my sword-wielding, kung-fu-fighting, energy-blast-shooting character finally working. Unfortunately, it turns out the energy blasts are not triggered by unarmed attacks, so I'll have to rely on the sword. Or I would, if I had time to keep playing. I've sunk two days into getting this to work, and honestly I'm just pleased by the fact that I did. The actual gameplay probably wouldn't be all that great.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #109105 on: July 12, 2013, 12:50:27 am »

Yes! Please try to transcribe it afterwards.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109106 on: July 12, 2013, 01:07:21 am »

Well it sounds like the interviewers will do nothing but read off the questions and record my responses, so I'll just be writing down what I have to say in advance.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #109107 on: July 12, 2013, 01:08:29 am »

Well it sounds like the interviewers will do nothing but read off the questions and record my responses, so I'll just be writing down what I have to say in advance.

Oh.
Still.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #109108 on: July 12, 2013, 01:28:50 am »

The classic, "Can I just say something real quick?" Don't let them answer. Don't even break stride. Don't give them a second to spare after that final word. Just have at it.

And then tell us what happened so we can live vicariously for a moment.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109109 on: July 12, 2013, 01:43:38 am »

Oh, but the fun thing is the questions are very, very broad, and you can say as much as you want in response to each one.  For example, "What prompted you to leave the company?"... hehehehehehehehe....  There's also a series of questions where you respond with a rating from Poor to Excellent, and you can leave a personal comment (as much as you care to say) afterwards.  Questions such as "How would you rate the fairness of pay within this office."  And apparently they will do nothing but listen silently to my responses.

Plus, I've already received very specific tips on responses to some of the more neutral questions that really enrage the senior manager for no good reason.  I'm going into this well armed.

And the best part is any manager who is mentioned by name will receive a copy of the interview, which is how I know so much about it in the first place :)  Like I said, he very helpfully informed me.  And he'll get a copy of the thing afterwards, and I'll get to hear about the reactions that he'll milk from his boss as he's receiving it.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 7272 7273 [7274] 7275 7276 ... 13325