Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7267 7268 [7269] 7270 7271 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15736839 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #109020 on: July 10, 2013, 04:24:57 pm »

I played mtg with a friend with my dimir and he played selesnya. He had this really broken card that won the game. Afterwards we both wanted to play with the others guild more than with the one we had so we traded most of the guild cards. I gave Lazav and got the selesnya mythic. At home I reread what the card does and realized that we had played wrong, it was considerably weaker than we had played it as. So I felt cheated for a while and regretted the trade.

After a few hours I decide to check the net for other opinions on the card and if its of any value, fearing that if played as it was meant to be, its worthless niche use mythic.

Instead of that it was revealed to me that I just got one of the most wanted cards in dragons maze, Voice of resurgence. Not complaining anymore. :)

Edit LS: Fatal, wh40k and big rigs. Wow. Just wow.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:28:37 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109021 on: July 10, 2013, 07:02:01 pm »

Oh it's not actually fixed, I just found how to work around it. A DUCT TAPER IS ME.
And then through the magic of misreading, RedKing's spirit animal was a Duct Tapir.

The most terrifying of tapirs, the Duct Tapir lives in air ducts and randomly jumps out at other creatures, dragging them back into the airy depths to be consumed. Beware their vicious fangs!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109022 on: July 10, 2013, 07:09:20 pm »

Well, I'm happy because my 'throw out ALL most of the conventions' fantasy setting is coming along quite nicely. Spartan-Viking-esque gnolls living in fortress-cities scattered across tundra and taiga FTW.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109023 on: July 10, 2013, 09:13:06 pm »

Prospective new employer left a voicemail for me while I was asleep, saying they had "good news".  I can only imagine that meaning one thing. :D

Will return the call after work today and find out for sure.

The best part about this is my current employer will be informing me tomorrow about how they're trashing our benefits.  I'll be able to respond immediately with "Here's my two weeks notice".  That's going to be fucking amazing.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109024 on: July 10, 2013, 09:24:38 pm »

Finally got my first callback on the tutoring flyers I posted a month ago!  I can't help the guy, because he does statistics, but it's good to know that someone's paying attention.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109025 on: July 10, 2013, 10:09:55 pm »

Prospective new employer left a voicemail for me while I was asleep, saying they had "good news".  I can only imagine that meaning one thing. :D

The best part about this is my current employer will be informing me tomorrow about how they're trashing our benefits.  I'll be able to respond immediately with "Here's my two weeks notice".  That's going to be fucking amazing.

Ooh, let us know how it goes. It's always nice to hear a little story about finally being able to tell a bad employer to take their job and shove it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109026 on: July 10, 2013, 10:54:48 pm »

you might know that i have been interested in playing fatal recently

i coaxed some people on an irc channel i frequent to do it

and then we threw in elements from maidrpg and homebrew w40k and dungeons and dragons and big rigs over the road racing and it's being fucking fantastic, basically we took fatal's stat system and threw away the actual gameplay though, the gm has currently called a break to check if the angry marines battlebarge has allergies and if they apply right now
Just out of curiosity, how did you put big rigs in there. None of this other stuff really confuses me which worries me somewhat, but how Big Rigs out of the map racing got thrown in.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #109027 on: July 10, 2013, 11:48:46 pm »

Instead of that it was revealed to me that I just got one of the most wanted cards in dragons maze, Voice of resurgence. Not complaining anymore.

Damn, you lucky bastard. Yeah, Voice is good because it's so hard to interact with.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109028 on: July 11, 2013, 12:22:30 am »

Whee, I managed to bludgeon V8 into mostly working with my C++ application.  It only took about a week of anger at it, but I knew I'd get there eventually.

In other news, I know now precisely why Toady hasn't implemented a scripting interface into DF and would very strongly discourage him from considering V8 and JavaScript if he ever did lose his mind and decided to try to incorporate one.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #109029 on: July 11, 2013, 12:24:46 am »

With these mods, as soon as I find a Spriggan, I should be able to commence kicking Mother Nature in the face with my ENERGY LEGS.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #109030 on: July 11, 2013, 01:01:30 am »

Whee, I managed to bludgeon V8 into mostly working with my C++ application.  It only took about a week of anger at it, but I knew I'd get there eventually.

In other news, I know now precisely why Toady hasn't implemented a scripting interface into DF and would very strongly discourage him from considering V8 and JavaScript if he ever did lose his mind and decided to try to incorporate one.
Most scripting languages seem to be painful to incorporate into C++. :<

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109031 on: July 11, 2013, 01:45:59 am »

Ooh, let us know how it goes. It's always nice to hear a little story about finally being able to tell a bad employer to take their job and shove it.

Aww... the horrible meeting happened tonight.  So my (probable) two week noticed will be one day delayed.

And it is bad.  For anyone who's single and healthy, it won't matter much.  Anybody who has family with consistent medical needs or any kind of event is going to be losing multiple thousands a year.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #109032 on: July 11, 2013, 01:49:47 am »

Aww... the horrible meeting happened tonight.  So my (probable) two week noticed will be one day delayed.

And it is bad.  For anyone who's single and healthy, it won't matter much.  Anybody who has family with consistent medical needs or any kind of event is going to be losing multiple thousands a year.
Balls.
I'm talking of course about bowling balls, which you should catapult at the company executives.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109033 on: July 11, 2013, 04:45:30 am »

Dominions 3 on sale at ~8 USD through gamersgate for the next twenty hours of so.

That price, for Dom 3? I can afford. Did afford. Have got. Wheeeeeee!

Is rare that acquisition makes me happy, especially when I'm this sleep deprived, but... it's Dominions 3! At a price that won't literally feed me for a month! The moon has split in two and dances a tango in five dimensions! Chickens spawn heads as though a hydra and caw in chorus at midday! The firmament of reality has broken and enriched my gaming library and (presumably) a worthy game developer's pockets! Cheers!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #109034 on: July 11, 2013, 05:38:47 am »

Dominions 3 on sale at ~8 USD through gamersgate for the next twenty hours of so.

That price, for Dom 3? I can afford. Did afford. Have got. Wheeeeeee!

Is rare that acquisition makes me happy, especially when I'm this sleep deprived, but... it's Dominions 3! At a price that won't literally feed me for a month! The moon has split in two and dances a tango in five dimensions! Chickens spawn heads as though a hydra and caw in chorus at midday! The firmament of reality has broken and enriched my gaming library and (presumably) a worthy game developer's pockets! Cheers!

I believe this not!
And yet its true! Miracles do happen!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 7267 7268 [7269] 7270 7271 ... 13325