Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7247 7248 [7249] 7250 7251 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15736793 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108720 on: July 07, 2013, 03:02:19 am »

I've been working on a Stupid Project for the better part of the day. I've been struggling to adapt a Photoshop tutorial to the tools available in the GIMP, but then I remembered like 10 minutes ago that Adobe put up Photoshop CS2 for "free" a while ago, and I still had the installer saved. So, tomorrow, I may be able to proceed properly. So far, all I've done is an ocean, which could still use some work. Likewise the coastline.

If that's following the tutorial I think it is, it's one of the better tutorials out there. Looks great when you've finished.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #108721 on: July 07, 2013, 03:08:06 am »

I've been working on a Stupid Project for the better part of the day. I've been struggling to adapt a Photoshop tutorial to the tools available in the GIMP, but then I remembered like 10 minutes ago that Adobe put up Photoshop CS2 for "free" a while ago, and I still had the installer saved. So, tomorrow, I may be able to proceed properly. So far, all I've done is an ocean, which could still use some work. Likewise the coastline.

If that's following the tutorial I think it is, it's one of the better tutorials out there. Looks great when you've finished.
It's this one, so it probably is the one you're thinking of.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #108722 on: July 07, 2013, 03:12:26 am »

That's the one.

I love that site.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108723 on: July 07, 2013, 06:30:58 am »

I just ordered myself a pair of zebra-print harem pants from some disreputable Chinese eBay.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108724 on: July 07, 2013, 08:30:52 am »

I just ordered myself a pair of zebra-print harem pants from some disreputable Chinese eBay.

Expect a zebra and a sewing needle.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108725 on: July 07, 2013, 08:33:14 am »

Expect a zebra and a sewing needle.
Not even something to kill the Zebra with?

I said a sewing needle.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #108726 on: July 07, 2013, 08:34:26 am »

In the new The Thing movie, they picked the best way to replace the blood scene. So good. I was very impressed. :) Also, fuck that one guy who opens his mouth at the end of the "we'll see who's human" scene. What a bastard.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #108727 on: July 07, 2013, 08:38:48 am »

In the new The Thing movie, they picked the best way to replace the blood scene. So good. I was very impressed. :) Also, fuck that one guy who opens his mouth at the end of the "we'll see who's human" scene. What a bastard.
What was this way? I've seen it a few times and I'm nit sure what you're talking about.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #108728 on: July 07, 2013, 08:42:04 am »

I liked the new The Thing movie when I watched it at my friend's house.

It seems less subtle overall, so there was a bit less paranoia fuel, but that part
Don't know what it was about it, but I liked that scene.
I'M ON THAT FUCKING PART RIGHT NOW FUCK. THE MONSTERS ARE SO GOOD IN THIS ONE.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #108729 on: July 07, 2013, 08:51:58 am »

I love all the throwbacks to the original. Especially the one really subtle visual one where the..
..Its so great. An awesome tribute film, and there's still plenty of paranoia IMHO, with some effective use of computer graphics to make some especially horrifying shit.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #108730 on: July 07, 2013, 09:07:22 am »

Hahahaha >____________>

Turns out as well that my more recently-used pair of walking boots has probably kicked the bucket, so I might get a brand-spanking-new pair!  Can you believe that?!  I haven't bought a never-worn pair of shoes in... wow, it was actually more than half my life ago.  12 years.

Take a look at these and these <3  I know, I know.  I'm going to get plain black leather mid-calf laceups or buttonups with a middling heel.  But they're beautiful.

Ooh those are cute.
I am terrible at fixing clothes, I am just horrible at sewing, either it won't hold or it is way too visible that it has been fixed, so good on you!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #108731 on: July 07, 2013, 09:28:36 am »

Bought tickets, I'm going and that's final.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #108732 on: July 07, 2013, 10:32:55 am »

I love all the throwbacks to the original. Especially the one really subtle visual one where the..
..Its so great. An awesome tribute film, and there's still plenty of paranoia IMHO, with some effective use of computer graphics to make some especially horrifying shit.
Definitely needed more..

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108733 on: July 07, 2013, 10:34:05 am »

Bought tickets, I'm going and that's final.
Going where?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #108734 on: July 07, 2013, 10:57:22 am »

To the moon! Everyone is going to the moon!

Except the tree-hugging canibals. They're the ones forcing everyone to pay them to get kicked off the planet and live on the moon so they can have the whole globe to themselves under the pretense of environmental protection. They're actually just selfish assholes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 7247 7248 [7249] 7250 7251 ... 13325