Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7246 7247 [7248] 7249 7250 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15737444 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108705 on: July 06, 2013, 09:16:15 pm »

I WANNA SEE THE LEGO MOVIE
It's FEF, not FEOF

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108706 on: July 06, 2013, 09:17:30 pm »

I provided two people with new avatars today :3
I used to think I could never make visual projects that people would want. That seems to be changing as of late.

EDIT: Oh hey, speak of the devil.

You using like a Fire Emblem face maker? Classy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108707 on: July 06, 2013, 09:20:18 pm »

I provided two people with new avatars today :3
I used to think I could never make visual projects that people would want. That seems to be changing as of late.

EDIT: Oh hey, speak of the devil.

You using like a Fire Emblem face maker? Classy.
Making them myself via cut-paste pixel-work. Also making battle sprites for a forum game or two :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108708 on: July 06, 2013, 09:47:51 pm »

Been watching Kill Bill and re-hemming one of my silk skirts.  Yesterday I mended rips in the lining of my purse, relocated a button on a blouse, repaired a rip in a skirt, and fixed a minor hole in one of my sweaters.

I feel like such a badass.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108709 on: July 06, 2013, 10:08:25 pm »

mumblemumble. One of these days I'll finally get off me arse and figure out how to do stuff like that, Vec. Keep meaning to. S'kinda' annoying when the close family keeps trying to discourage learning minor clothing repair, though :-\ Something something have the means to replace. Doesn't mean you should if you can just fix it, damnit!

... point being, yeah, you're somewhat of a badass there. Minor fixin's like that seem to be somewhat of a lost skill these days.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108710 on: July 06, 2013, 10:14:37 pm »

Playing Maid RPG with friends. Even when off-topic in voice chat, I never went out of character once. It was glorious and terrible.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108711 on: July 06, 2013, 10:15:48 pm »

mumblemumble. One of these days I'll finally get off me arse and figure out how to do stuff like that, Vec. Keep meaning to. S'kinda' annoying when the close family keeps trying to discourage learning minor clothing repair, though :-\ Something something have the means to replace. Doesn't mean you should if you can just fix it, damnit!

... point being, yeah, you're somewhat of a badass there. Minor fixin's like that seem to be somewhat of a lost skill these days.

Well, first of all, environmentalism, being able to spend money on other things, yadda yadda.  But second of all, it can take up so much less time!  If you keep a mending basket on hand for when you're watching TV or movies, or on public transportation, or on the phone with someone really boring, then you can just lump it into time you'd be spending anyway, and save trips to the store or waiting for shit to come in from online!

Besides, I get really attached to clothes.  If it works and it looks good, then I wanna keep it, not throw it out just because a button fell off.

Point being, thank you~  I am passionate about textile repair!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #108712 on: July 06, 2013, 10:56:47 pm »

Besides, I get really attached to clothes.

That's why you're supposed to take them off before mending them.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108713 on: July 06, 2013, 11:04:00 pm »

I get attached too. It helps that I'm always buying the last ever copies of the stuff I like, so it's not like I -can- replace them.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:05:51 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #108714 on: July 06, 2013, 11:10:21 pm »

World War Z is a hella good movie, regardless of the differences between the book and movie. It's a heck of an action trip and it's full of suspense and unexpected ways for the situation to go to shit real fast. I enjoyed it, 10/10, would watch again.

The zombies were well done, they were raging RAGE zambies when aggro'd by loud noise and stimuli and when not aggro'd they were just like shambling undead corpses. It was the best of both worlds, complete with headshots and incineration, and civilians fleeing for their lives before a tidal wave of zombies. Also, zombies on planes. where's your snakes now?

Plus, it has Brad Pitt pretending to be David Spade pretending to be the main protagonist zombie apocalypse survivor.

Anyway, good movie. Made my day.

I feel like it could have been called something else entirely and been just fine in every way. It was very well done, for a continuation that changed something so fundamental as shamblers vs. runners.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108715 on: July 06, 2013, 11:18:30 pm »

Hahahaha >____________>

Turns out as well that my more recently-used pair of walking boots has probably kicked the bucket, so I might get a brand-spanking-new pair!  Can you believe that?!  I haven't bought a never-worn pair of shoes in... wow, it was actually more than half my life ago.  12 years.

Take a look at these and these <3  I know, I know.  I'm going to get plain black leather mid-calf laceups or buttonups with a middling heel.  But they're beautiful.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #108716 on: July 06, 2013, 11:59:22 pm »

RUSH WAS FUCKING AWESOME. LIKE SO FUCKING AWESOME. OPENED WITH SUBDIVISIONS, CLOSED WITH 2112. I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I STILL CAN'T HEAR MYSELF. ALSO, IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #108717 on: July 07, 2013, 12:22:18 am »

Subdivisions and 2112 are the only songs of theirs I really know how to play! :P

Also, I've beaten the Toady One in post count now! I feel like... iono, crying about what my life has become...

FACETIOUSNESS FACETIOUSNESS FACETIOUSNESS FACETIOUSNESS FACETIOUSNESS FACETIOUSNESS FACETIOUSNESS FACETIOUSNESS FACETIOUSNESS

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #108718 on: July 07, 2013, 02:29:14 am »

I've been working on a Stupid Project for the better part of the day. I've been struggling to adapt a Photoshop tutorial to the tools available in the GIMP, but then I remembered like 10 minutes ago that Adobe put up Photoshop CS2 for "free" a while ago, and I still had the installer saved. So, tomorrow, I may be able to proceed properly. So far, all I've done is an ocean, which could still use some work. Likewise the coastline.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #108719 on: July 07, 2013, 02:49:22 am »

Richard Gale films is making an actual Horribly Slow Murderer with an Extremely Inefficient Weapon movie.
*squeeeeeeeeeeee*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 7246 7247 [7248] 7249 7250 ... 13325