Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7217 7218 [7219] 7220 7221 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746792 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108270 on: June 28, 2013, 07:21:18 am »

Catflakes.  Another thing you didn't know that you need.
Body horror of the next to worst sort ;_;

1.5 cats were dismembered and one cat beheaded for every catflake created :'(

this is not how you handle feline overpopulation aaaaaahhh
At the bottom "Is that the worst day of your life".

Yes!

lol

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108271 on: June 28, 2013, 08:16:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought it was nice :)
TIL Liberty and Justice are lesbian partners. It makes an odd amount of sense.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108272 on: June 28, 2013, 08:19:32 am »

High school freshmen.

Trust me, I'm teaching everything in a very, very concrete and easy-to-understand way.  However, because I'm not required to adhere to educational standards, I can throw out all of the vocabulary they don't need to learn (technical vocabulary no one EVER uses for anything outside of middle school and high school classes) and focus on concepts, problem-solving, and beauty.  If they see a word, that word will be attached to concepts somewhere.  If they're given a postulate, they'll be taught to imagine a world where that postulate wouldn't be true.  When we cover the Euclidean axioms, we'll be looking at stereographic projections and putting tape on a globe in the shape of a triangle, for which they'll measure the degrees of the angles and discover that they add up to something more than 180; we'll also find out that the earth is locally Euclidean.  When we cover sequences, we'll cover the golden rectangle and the Ancient Greek architecture.  We're going to learn Thales' theorem and how he figured out the earth was round with geometry, without needing to sail around and murder any native peoples.  Fuck low expectations!  I have love and scholarly passion!

A little late on this:

Due in large part to having a terrible time in HS and not having the subject matter really displayed to me in any way that was meaningful to me at the time, I kept falling asleep in my HS Math classes. This got me placed into the retard classes for Math which had a very interesting teacher but I whizzed through all the subject matter there like nothing, it was actually kind of disappointing.

That said, I really wish I could sit in on one of your classes without looking like a fucking weirdo surrounded by highschool kids.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108273 on: June 28, 2013, 08:30:48 am »

That said, I really wish I could sit in on one of your classes without looking like a fucking weirdo surrounded by highschool kids.
I think that for many HS classes. I'd love to be able to go back to HS and just sit in on the classes I wasn't able to take.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #108274 on: June 28, 2013, 09:35:17 am »

Oh my god even I'm surprised by this
No Dave Strider curves, tough :c

John Egbert gives nothing either, and Jade Harley gives a motorcycle :P

In other happies: I have aquired The Colour of Magic (English) and Lord of The Rings (Dutch).
Woo, books!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:38:24 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108275 on: June 28, 2013, 12:25:37 pm »

No Dave Strider curves, tough :c

John Egbert gives nothing either, and Jade Harley gives a motorcycle :P

In other happies: I have aquired The Colour of Magic (English) and Lord of The Rings (Dutch).
Woo, books!
Yay! Pratchett! Good for you! Also, killed a ash vampire in morrowind by accident. I need to aim my arrows better, ebony arrows of slaying are rare!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #108276 on: June 28, 2013, 02:04:57 pm »

what's this about function pictures?

It's official. Wolfram Alpha is now the second greatest thing on the internet in addition to the first.

EDIT: Got a 98% on my Calc 3 final, putting me at a 95% for the semester and netting me an A. WOOHOO!

now I need to pay off the costs of the class
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:02:45 pm by RedWarrior0 »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108280 on: June 28, 2013, 07:25:10 pm »

Got checked out by a woman today :D

I have a totally awesome weekend lined up.  It's gonna be the best.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108281 on: June 28, 2013, 07:43:47 pm »

Does it involve the woman?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108282 on: June 28, 2013, 08:00:11 pm »

Nope.

It involves a lot of awesome working on stuff and making neat things, though.  Happy happy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108283 on: June 28, 2013, 09:03:33 pm »

So, yesterday, I took my first steps at not dying if it rains really hard. Apparently, even though I have a hard time floating, I can doggy paddle all the way across a hotel pool and back without stopping. Also, if I push off the wall, I can go more than halfway across the pool.

Michael Phelps, I'm not, I know, but it's the first step of a long journey.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #108284 on: June 28, 2013, 09:25:01 pm »

So, yesterday, I took my first steps at not dying if it rains really hard. Apparently, even though I have a hard time floating, I can doggy paddle all the way across a hotel pool and back without stopping. Also, if I push off the wall, I can go more than halfway across the pool.

Michael Phelps, I'm not, I know, but it's the first step of a long journey.
All right! :D

In other news, I now know that at least one of my family members can take an (accidental) punch to the solar plexus without blinking.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 7217 7218 [7219] 7220 7221 ... 13325