Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7209 7210 [7211] 7212 7213 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757697 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108150 on: June 26, 2013, 08:54:39 am »

Yes! Armikrog can make it! Suck it boycotters!
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #108151 on: June 26, 2013, 09:19:48 am »

Finished my essay with only ten minutes to spare.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108153 on: June 26, 2013, 09:26:05 am »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108155 on: June 26, 2013, 09:27:05 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/news/supreme-court-strikes-down-doma-140330141.html

[actually cries]
Umm...? That's happy for you? I thought you were for gay rights...
Supreme Court has struck down a federal law barring the recognition of same-sex marriage
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108156 on: June 26, 2013, 09:28:26 am »

[actually cries]
Supreme Court has struck down a federal law barring the recognition of same-sex marriage
Silly me, tiredness.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #108157 on: June 26, 2013, 09:29:25 am »

[actually cries]

I am happy about this....

Allow me to explain.... Justice Anthony Kennedy, speaking for the 5-4 majority, said DOMA was unconstitutional because it violated the right to liberty and to equal protection for gay couples.

He expressly, stated the court held DOMA was not only unconstitutional, but violated the equal protection clause of the Constitution.... This means not only the law itself but the spirit of the law is unconstitutional and other such laws advocating separate but equal treatment for gay individuals married in those few states that do allow gay marriage would likely be illegal.

Basically, this is the second strongest holding the court could've made in favor of GLBT individuals. Given that it was 5-4, and I didn't think they'd strike anything down, I'll take it. It is not equality. It is a step towards it and it is not another door slammed in the face....

Edit: Ditto with prop 8 ruling. The court punted and said no standing, because the proper authorities wouldn't enforce the law and somebody else couldn't come in and do that for 'em. It kinda sets a somewhat dangerous tone though, because what works one way might work for the other side.  So, sexual/gender orientation still isn't a protected class, but then I never dreamed they'd go that far at this point. Though I'd say you get there through gender discrimination analysis, doesn't seem my view is popular enough. [shrugs] :)

Also, I somehow doubt it was a coincidence that the court delayed handing down the rulings until the anniversary of Lawrence v. Texas which decriminalized homosexuality in the United States in 2003. Decided June 26, 2003.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:27:58 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #108158 on: June 26, 2013, 10:31:39 am »

I'm back from the 3-day school trip.
Man, that was glorious.

I built a little camp in the dunes with some friends. (We even made the roof somewhat water-proof!)
Then there was this party that we somehow needed fancy clothes for that was just great too. (I won the game, because I didn't play.)
And on the bus on the way home, we (well, almost everyone in my class except for me :P) played boardgame-mafia, which was glorious too.

All in all, a good end of the schoolyear and a good end of the best class ever.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108159 on: June 26, 2013, 10:36:35 am »

Army cadet people came, and we got to shoot guns.    I almost broke my wrist using a pistol.  (Too busy attempting to find the safety, because all of the guns they were using were taken.   Fucking colt 1911's have a lot of recoil if your not ready to fire them.)

But yeah, guns.   I am pretty much ready for a zombie apocalypse.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #108160 on: June 26, 2013, 10:40:39 am »

Spoiler: DEAL WITH IT! (click to show/hide)

Also about the volleyball thing, if it's the beach variety (the best variety there is) then all you really need to know is to occasionally smack the ball when it comes near you and to be as gracious as possible when flailing around and faceplanting into the sand. Which once again is probably the most fun I've had with a ball based sport, then again I always was a bit of a muck loving child.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #108161 on: June 26, 2013, 10:46:28 am »

Also about the volleyball thing, if it's the beach variety (the best variety there is) then all you really need to know is to occasionally smack the ball when it comes near you and to be as gracious as possible when flailing around and faceplanting into the sand. Which once again is probably the most fun I've had with a ball based sport, then again I always was a bit of a muck loving child.

(Assuming this was ment in reply to me)

No beach volleyball, sadly. The time when we were supposed to be doing sport on the beach was first taken up doing petanque and then building the camp. Defending it from the others who just seemed to want to destroy it would've been hard without one of my friends, who has the ability to be really, really creepy at will. So he kept the assholes at bay.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #108162 on: June 26, 2013, 11:33:29 am »

My computer is on the counter next to the stove. I'm simultaneously cooking bacon and browsing the internet. It's a good morning.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108163 on: June 26, 2013, 01:34:13 pm »

My computer is on the counter next to the stove. I'm simultaneously cooking bacon and browsing the internet. It's a good morning.

As long as your comp is far enough away to avoid grease splatter.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #108164 on: June 26, 2013, 02:02:57 pm »

Was just notified that I'm guaranteed a phone call from that potential new employer I mentioned last week.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 7209 7210 [7211] 7212 7213 ... 13325