Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7199 7200 [7201] 7202 7203 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754347 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108000 on: June 23, 2013, 03:35:40 am »

So my father is the president of the Barnard Astronomical Society, and a while ago they decided to clean out a safe-deposit box and stop renting it. The contents of the box was two framed pages, that a member had acquired back in the 70's while on a cruise. It was a document citing the other page as real, and a page of autographs. Autographs of: Scott Carpenter, Neil Armstrong, Dr. Isaac Asimov, Dr. J. Allen Hynek, George T. Keene, Dr. Mark R. Chartrand III, Walter Sullivan, and Dr. Fred Hess.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's freaking awesome. Why can't my family have things like this?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #108001 on: June 23, 2013, 03:44:08 am »

So my father is the president of the Barnard Astronomical Society, and a while ago they decided to clean out a safe-deposit box and stop renting it. The contents of the box was two framed pages, that a member had acquired back in the 70's while on a cruise. It was a document citing the other page as real, and a page of autographs. Autographs of: Scott Carpenter, Neil Armstrong, Dr. Isaac Asimov, Dr. J. Allen Hynek, George T. Keene, Dr. Mark R. Chartrand III, Walter Sullivan, and Dr. Fred Hess.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Milestones, immortalized achievements of ingenuity.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #108002 on: June 23, 2013, 05:39:25 am »

Spoiler: guess what this means (click to show/hide)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108004 on: June 23, 2013, 06:04:55 am »

My first day off in over 4 weeks!

...What do I do? O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108005 on: June 23, 2013, 07:04:22 am »

Spoiler: guess what this means (click to show/hide)
Abortion?
Baby shitting off the edge of your hands?

Digestive discomfort leading to violent explusion of fecal matter?
This is a blank sig.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #108006 on: June 23, 2013, 07:41:35 am »

The personage who derived the refulgent opus of concentering fricasseed murphy banding orthogonally to the apical of the heretofore scrumptious dainty that is a kebab pizza is verily a virtuoso.

Hey! Get your hands away from my thesa... hold on... word stock!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108007 on: June 23, 2013, 12:13:10 pm »

Continuing from the Sad Thread:
I had an interview with the manager of the bakery/deli I was looking to work at, and completely won him over with my charm, work ethic, knowledge and experience, and general people skills. I pulled out all the stops, and really made an impression, so much so that he waived the second interview and offered me the job right up front!

...at which point he informed me that it starts at 4am, only offers about 10-20 hours a week, pays $8 hourly, and offers no benefits. Not even discounted food.

"Sign me up! What's that, sir? Will I be looking for other employment in the meantime? Oh, of course not!"

So. Crazy thing.

I get home, and get a call from my friend. The University called his number trying to reach me. Apparently they want me back at the lab, to work on a military study analyzing the health and psychological condition of soldiers after deployment. Despite that it's been 2 months since this project was supposed to start. For some reason, they'd only had my friend's phone number on file as an emergency contact. I updated my info in the University system, but I guess it didn't propagate to the lab?

Anyway, yeah. So I'll be staying at the bakery exactly as long as it takes to train up for the new project, and then scamper on back to my comfortable, free-bus-pass-having, air-conditioned, appreciated, and well-paid position at the Lab. Plus, it'll leave me with all the time and flexibility I need to do Game Design and Graphics for a big old project I recently hopped aboard, which has me quite geeked. It's sort of a pseudo-sandboxy Multiplayer Spaceship/Space Station building game, with an emphasis on interstellar exploration, trade, engineering, and light Strategy/4x/Colony Management elements. It's more or less the game I've wanted to make since I was 10 years old, scribbling out a sandbox redesign of Galaga/Gradius, inspired by all the games my brother and I used to play with Legos.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #108008 on: June 23, 2013, 12:14:27 pm »

That looks hot as hell.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108009 on: June 23, 2013, 12:17:29 pm »

Woo for you, Soli.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #108010 on: June 23, 2013, 12:18:30 pm »

Quote from: scribblings
you can never have too many lasers

Clear indicator that this game will be glorious.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #108011 on: June 23, 2013, 12:43:35 pm »

Solifuge is a man who understands the core, fundamental truths of game design. All designers, regardless of genre or medium, should remember this truth.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #108012 on: June 23, 2013, 01:01:29 pm »

Solifuge is a man who understands the core, fundamental truths of game design. All designers, regardless of genre or medium, should remember this truth.
+1

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108013 on: June 23, 2013, 01:12:45 pm »

Laser that cause explosions. And fire. Why do you think the US military spends so much on laser things? They all secretly want to be space soldiers.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #108014 on: June 23, 2013, 01:13:54 pm »

Two problems with that statement. First, it implies that not everybody does. Second, it implies that there's any secrecy here whatsoever.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 7199 7200 [7201] 7202 7203 ... 13325