Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7179 7180 [7181] 7182 7183 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15756278 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107700 on: June 17, 2013, 12:47:22 am »

Woo! posting from my computer again! Oh computer, how I have missed you and your loud-ass fan. I think it's Guild Wars time.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #107701 on: June 17, 2013, 01:26:12 am »

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #107702 on: June 17, 2013, 01:40:43 am »

Guess the literary joke:
Librarian.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107703 on: June 17, 2013, 03:10:19 am »

I wonder if I should post a dev log or such of Charted Waters on Creative Projects. On one hand, I'd love to talk about some of the little features I put into it, such as the Koreanesque random name generator.  On the other hand, if I end up not finishing CW I wouldn't want to join the line of announce and failed roguelikes >_>

>_<
Careful with that name. Uncharted Waters is a game that has a massive cult following.

Happy: Chicken wings and a good nap are the best way to brighten up any day.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 03:13:44 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107704 on: June 17, 2013, 03:16:27 am »

I wonder if I should post a dev log or such of Charted Waters on Creative Projects. On one hand, I'd love to talk about some of the little features I put into it, such as the Koreanesque random name generator.  On the other hand, if I end up not finishing CW I wouldn't want to join the line of announce and failed roguelikes >_>

>_<
Do it. By the Nine do it!
I love game dev logs. I find them more satisfying than actually playing the game!

As you can imagine, the Dwarf Fortress main page is pretty much the most satisfying thing in all existence.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #107705 on: June 17, 2013, 03:20:01 am »

MSH: What do you mean by that? I don't think I understand you.
Max White: But I'm worried that the game will be just another vaporware roguelike project D:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107706 on: June 17, 2013, 03:24:29 am »

Oh please, as if I'm not guilty of doing that myself. Did anybody think of any less of me? Well maybe, but that guy was a jerk. Nobody who counts will feel betrayed.
If things don't work out, then at least you would have shared the development process and there is value in that. If you don't write a log and the project goes nowhere, what have you gained?

Apart from knowledge and practice in programming and project management, but what have I gained?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #107707 on: June 17, 2013, 03:45:18 am »

Happy: Both my father and daughter learned how to ride a bicycle this weekend, and they made a little tour together. My daughter can now ride without "side-wheels" or whatever you call those things and is immensely proud of that, and my dad is recovering from a really bad stroke and was told he could never ride one again. Little did the doctors know how awesome he is. All in all, fucking great fathers day.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #107709 on: June 17, 2013, 06:07:15 am »

Happy: Both my father and daughter learned how to ride a bicycle this weekend, and they made a little tour together. My daughter can now ride without "side-wheels" or whatever you call those things and is immensely proud of that, and my dad is recovering from a really bad stroke and was told he could never ride one again. Little did the doctors know how awesome he is. All in all, fucking great fathers day.

First of all, Awesome.

Second of all, they're called Training Wheels.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #107710 on: June 17, 2013, 07:43:00 am »

Apart from knowledge and practice in programming and project management, but what have I gained?
Good point o_O I guess i should get around to doing it soon...

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107711 on: June 17, 2013, 08:05:31 am »

I mean that if you release your game with the name Charted Waters, the fanatical Uncharted Waters fanbase might get all crazy on you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107712 on: June 17, 2013, 10:00:26 am »

It is entirely possible that I suffer from Resting Asshole Face.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #107713 on: June 17, 2013, 10:12:23 am »

Spoiler: THE SHOP SCREEN (click to show/hide)

Maybe I should stop cluttering this thread with my screenshots, but they make me happy :c
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:38:55 am by Skyrunner »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107714 on: June 17, 2013, 10:15:53 am »

I mean that if you release your game with the name Charted Waters, the fanatical Uncharted Waters fanbase might get all crazy on you.
Perhaps Charted Seas?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 7179 7180 [7181] 7182 7183 ... 13325