Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7174 7175 [7176] 7177 7178 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15765143 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107625 on: June 16, 2013, 01:25:03 am »

Ok guys, I'm going to tell you something amazing that happened to me today. Now don't go having a heart attack or anything, but I swear by the old gods and the new this actually just happened. Prepare yourself because life will never be the same.

I just won a snickers bar.
But surely not even your luck will hold out against the nigh-impossible odds of winning yet another![/what is independence]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107626 on: June 16, 2013, 01:28:57 am »

... what kind of snickers bar?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #107627 on: June 16, 2013, 02:36:15 am »

Ok guys, I'm going to tell you something amazing that happened to me today. Now don't go having a heart attack or anything, but I swear by the old gods and the new this actually just happened. Prepare yourself because life will never be the same.

No way o_o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107628 on: June 16, 2013, 04:05:06 am »

Dear lord, you lucky sod. With those odds you should buy a lotto ticket.

nwob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107629 on: June 16, 2013, 04:56:19 am »

Dear lord, you lucky sod. With those odds you should buy a lotto ticket.

I think that's probably his life quota of good luck used up, so probably not.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107630 on: June 16, 2013, 05:23:22 am »

Hmm, just how many Snickers bars do you actually buy? Because if it's more than 6 a day then I think we got this worked out.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107631 on: June 16, 2013, 05:27:08 am »

No see I only ever bought one. Every one I get free also has a one in six chance, so I've been chain winning off a single purchase.
Watch as I defy physics and win another free bar tomorrow. Yes that is right, one in six has never been such an improbable certainty.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #107632 on: June 16, 2013, 06:11:14 am »

No see I only ever bought one. Every one I get free also has a one in six chance, so I've been chain winning off a single purchase.
Watch as I defy physics and win another free bar tomorrow. Yes that is right, one in six has never been such an improbable certainty.

Now that you're calling it, it's not going to happen.  Except now that I'm calling it's not going to happen, it is going to happen.  Except now those calls have canceled each other out, and I have rendered myself ineffectual at predicting the outcome.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #107633 on: June 16, 2013, 06:16:01 am »

I just had some delicious olives. Yum, olives.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #107634 on: June 16, 2013, 07:52:51 am »

I was awake for the sunrise, and I thought I'd see if those pretentious new-agey types had anything to them. I made some chamomile tea and drank it without sweetening it, which is near impossible for me. Then I took some incense out on my balcony and followed along with a tai chi video on Youtube while the sun was still rising.

It's like those soy milk commercials with the cows, where the grumpy dad cow is like "I'm never drinking that stuff!", and then the mom cow puts it in his cereal and he's like "Hey, this isn't that bad!". Once I got over the fact that it was cold and I was following along with an Internet video, it started turning into a really strong spiritual experience. I feel really relaxed and genuinely happy right now.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #107635 on: June 16, 2013, 07:58:20 am »

I believe it's the laws of statistics you're beating right now. But it sounds better to say physics, so carry on.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107636 on: June 16, 2013, 08:23:22 am »

Just played Perspective, and it was a damn fine game.
After reading this, I went and played it as well. And it is fun.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107637 on: June 16, 2013, 08:32:26 am »

It's like those soy milk commercials with the cows, where the grumpy dad cow is like "I'm never drinking that stuff!", and then the mom cow puts it in his cereal and he's like "Hey, this isn't that bad!".
I have never seen one of these adverts, or even heard of one until you mentioned it just now.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107638 on: June 16, 2013, 08:54:11 am »

I was awake for the sunrise, and I thought I'd see if those pretentious new-agey types had anything to them. I made some chamomile tea and drank it without sweetening it, which is near impossible for me. Then I took some incense out on my balcony and followed along with a tai chi video on Youtube while the sun was still rising.

It's like those soy milk commercials with the cows, where the grumpy dad cow is like "I'm never drinking that stuff!", and then the mom cow puts it in his cereal and he's like "Hey, this isn't that bad!". Once I got over the fact that it was cold and I was following along with an Internet video, it started turning into a really strong spiritual experience. I feel really relaxed and genuinely happy right now.

I miss seeing the sunrise. It's not just because I keep oversleeping, It's been cloudy every morning for I'm not sure how long.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #107639 on: June 16, 2013, 09:16:41 am »

It's like those soy milk commercials with the cows, where the grumpy dad cow is like "I'm never drinking that stuff!", and then the mom cow puts it in his cereal and he's like "Hey, this isn't that bad!".
I have never seen one of these adverts, or even heard of one until you mentioned it just now.

It's an old ad, pre-2010. I've also probably horribly misremembered it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 7174 7175 [7176] 7177 7178 ... 13325