Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7171 7172 [7173] 7174 7175 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15764830 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107580 on: June 15, 2013, 09:44:32 am »

I am now watching Dead Snow, a self aware horror movie about students awakening nazi zombies after stealing nazi gold.
This is the most brilliant shit ever.
Wasn't most nazi gold stolen from other countries anyway?
Basically yes. And then stolen by everybody else. And then stolen by students who awaken Nazi Zombies. Did I mention that's the plot of Dead Snow, a movie about students stealing nazi gold and awakening zombies?

But... it sucks donkey male chicken...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107581 on: June 15, 2013, 09:48:34 am »

I am now watching Dead Snow, a self aware horror movie about students awakening nazi zombies after stealing nazi gold.
Basically yes. And then stolen by everybody else. And then stolen by students who awaken Nazi Zombies. Did I mention that's the plot of Dead Snow, a movie about students stealing nazi gold and awakening zombies?

Are you kidding man? This is the BEST MOVIE EVER! And with Scandinavian heavy metal soundtrack.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107582 on: June 15, 2013, 09:54:31 am »

Are you kidding man? This is the BEST MOVIE EVER! And with Scandinavian heavy metal soundtrack.

I want to see the hat they pulled all of those themes out of. :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #107583 on: June 15, 2013, 10:22:12 am »

One of my only straight male friends I have, whom I actually trust, knows about how I really am. His wife does as well. They have a 9 year old daughter:
I'm continuously baffled by how deep this goes with you. We have families in school with one daddy, two daddies, two mommies, one mommy and a grandmother, and it's all completely normal to the kids and adults around here. I really wonder why you don't move to a more... accepting location?

You have those things as part of your conception of "normal." I wish everyone did. They do not. Only very recently has the US made any considerable progress in gay rights and transgender rights are far behind even that. I grew up in a time when being gay was actually a criminal offense (sodomy: pre: 2003), you could be dishonorably discharged from the military for being gay (Don't ask; don't tell: pre 2011), you can be fired and/or denied housing for being gay in most states (current), and a whole host of other things. Let's not even touch the marriage/custody of biological children/adoption problems. People like to forget the unpleasant fact that much of the US vehemently hates gays and that only as those people die off are attitudes beginning to change. There are several organizations with millions and millions of dollars in funding specifically to oppose what has been derogatorily been called the "homosexual agenda."

As for moving, people really underestimate how big of a thing that is. Forgetting certain licenses only applying to one area (huge thing by the way), yeah, uprooting everything in your life is kind of a big deal. Also, there may be "more" or "less" accepting areas, but that doesn't change the overall picture in the country as a whole, which you do have to deal with. Regional and national companies, government agencies, organizations etc, will still effect you even if you live in an "accepting" area.

Frankly, you really can't run from it, and the notion that this is the solution is misguided. Hiding is about the only option for many.

I have, even recently had the parents of several of my adult friends flat out forbid me from hanging out with them, expressly because I'm a "faggot." These and other lovely slurs have been spat at my face several times. When what appears to be some guy is hanging around your daughter, you ask questions about who he is.... Whether or not they are living at home, I don't want to ruin their family relationships with my presence.... Even then, I am/was friends with a lot of single moms who actually know about me and/or parents and they do not tell their kids about how I am gay. Several of them don't hang out with me around their kids/only hang out with me when their kids are not around.

This is the first time an entire family has been cool with me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:46:26 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107584 on: June 15, 2013, 10:25:06 am »

Found something even better than reading the comment sections in progressive news articles: reading talk pages of scientific Wikipedia articles.

~creationists~
Well, if you get bored of that, try looking for the Hydrogen fuel lobby's opinion on the Hindenburg. It's rather unique.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #107585 on: June 15, 2013, 10:40:14 am »

Buying Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages for 3DS.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #107586 on: June 15, 2013, 10:57:59 am »

Hell yea man! finally lost my cartridge for Oracle of Seasons and looked inside the eshop yesterday and instantly grabbed it :D

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107587 on: June 15, 2013, 11:05:33 am »

Found my old sony walkman, as well as it's PC connector.  It still works, still had a charge when I found it, and it has a bunch of old music on it I thought I had lost forever too.

I loved this thing, I had an IPod at one time too, and this thing stayed charged longer, charged quicker, was easier to use, and let me just move files into it with windows instead of making me use the ITunes bullshit for no good reason.

I am happy.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #107588 on: June 15, 2013, 11:13:48 am »

Hell yea man! finally lost my cartridge for Oracle of Seasons and looked inside the eshop yesterday and instantly grabbed it :D

Holy crap, the 3DS has save states on the Virtual Console. I like Nintendo's style.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #107589 on: June 15, 2013, 11:38:52 am »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107590 on: June 15, 2013, 12:00:06 pm »

Drinking from a jar of pickle juice with a straw. Fuck the police.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #107591 on: June 15, 2013, 12:39:53 pm »

Girlfriend's coming to visit in 2 days for a week.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #107592 on: June 15, 2013, 01:52:00 pm »

Got PC fixed. Did I mention my brother has officially desiginated me as the owner since he cannot deal with the amount of shit that comes with a computer, and he's sort of given up on gaming? Time to start learning (really really basic) code again!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107593 on: June 15, 2013, 01:55:31 pm »

Dammit, I completly missed my chance to fly the KKK banner and the Philippine flag on June 12.

PS. KKK is the freedom fighters there.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #107594 on: June 15, 2013, 02:02:29 pm »

That is a good postscript. Shit was about to get awkward.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 7171 7172 [7173] 7174 7175 ... 13325