Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7170 7171 [7172] 7173 7174 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15767171 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107565 on: June 15, 2013, 03:26:30 am »

Well when I grab my next bar there will be a one in one thousand, two hundred and ninety six chance to win, right? That is totally how probability works, right? Because the Snickers bars can see into the past and all...

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107566 on: June 15, 2013, 03:42:16 am »

Well when I grab my next bar there will be a one in one thousand, two hundred and ninety six chance to win, right? That is totally how probability works, right? Because the Snickers bars can see into the past and all...

What he meant was, if you were to randomly grab 3 Snickers bars (which you did), there would be a 1 in 216 chance that all 3 would be winning bars (which they were). He's evaluating the odds of a streak of winning bars. Your probability of pulling a winning bar next time is still 1 in 6, but the overall probability of pulling 4 in a row would be 1 in 1,296.

Meanwhile, if someone offers you 3 Snickers bars, and one of them was guaranteed to be a winning bar...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107567 on: June 15, 2013, 03:51:13 am »

I know, I'm just making a joke at peoples common perception of probability.
We live in a world where people are amazed that this planet was perfectly suited for the life on it. Probability is such a fun topic to bastardize.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #107568 on: June 15, 2013, 04:28:50 am »

Now that I think about it, I might have a real soft spot for this kind of stuff.
Might not be the same, but there used to be a game called "Endorfun" or something, that would reward you with positive messages everytime you did something right. Might be something?

One of my only straight male friends I have, whom I actually trust, knows about how I really am. His wife does as well. They have a 9 year old daughter:
I'm continuously baffled by how deep this goes with you. We have families in school with one daddy, two daddies, two mommies, one mommy and a grandmother, and it's all completely normal to the kids and adults around here. I really wonder why you don't move to a more... accepting location?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #107569 on: June 15, 2013, 04:31:48 am »

"Just moving" isn't an option for quite a few people, especially for someone whose professional life depends entirely on a license that is only valid in a single state.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107570 on: June 15, 2013, 05:30:08 am »

What he meant was, if you were to randomly grab 3 Snickers bars (which you did), there would be a 1 in 216 chance that all 3 would be winning bars (which they were). He's evaluating the odds of a streak of winning bars. Your probability of pulling a winning bar next time is still 1 in 6, but the overall probability of pulling 4 in a row would be 1 in 1,296.

Meanwhile, if someone offers you 3 Snickers bars, and one of them was guaranteed to be a winning bar...

Are you quoting the Monty Hall problem?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107571 on: June 15, 2013, 06:04:57 am »

I am into Descan's signature. And I didn't even notice until a short time ago.
I feel like such a winner.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107572 on: June 15, 2013, 08:16:13 am »

I still have no idea what it means but it's hilarious so I put it in.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #107573 on: June 15, 2013, 08:31:57 am »

Crossposting from Random Things You Made thread.

Spoiler: More images (click to show/hide)

I am proud of the following small things: a ship inventory screen and means to rename the ship. Also randomly generated names.

Next up is drawing the player ship, then making it MOVE! Using A*!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107574 on: June 15, 2013, 08:42:01 am »

I am now watching Dead Snow, a self aware horror movie about students awakening nazi zombies after stealing nazi gold.
This is the most brilliant shit ever.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107575 on: June 15, 2013, 09:01:12 am »

I still have no idea what it means but it's hilarious so I put it in.
This is what the refrance.
Contrary to what would be expected, children's entertainment is equally entertaining now as I found it ten years ago.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #107576 on: June 15, 2013, 09:06:29 am »

I am now watching Dead Snow, a self aware horror movie about students awakening nazi zombies after stealing nazi gold.
Wasn't most nazi gold stolen from other countries anyway?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107577 on: June 15, 2013, 09:15:09 am »

Wasn't most nazi gold stolen from other countries anyway?
Basically yes. And then stolen by everybody else. And then stolen by students who awaken Nazi Zombies. Did I mention that's the plot of Dead Snow, a movie about students stealing nazi gold and awakening zombies?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107578 on: June 15, 2013, 09:40:36 am »

Having my computer back is glorious.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #107579 on: June 15, 2013, 09:40:46 am »

Found something even better than reading the comment sections in progressive news articles: reading talk pages of scientific Wikipedia articles.

~creationists~
Pages: 1 ... 7170 7171 [7172] 7173 7174 ... 13325