Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7168 7169 [7170] 7171 7172 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766878 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107535 on: June 14, 2013, 08:52:46 am »

I recently tried the free demo for Brain Age: Concentration Training, and I have to say... while I do like the genuine challenge and aesthetics involved, there's just... just some combination of Prof. Ryuta's calm, patient, and teacherly voice, in how he instructs you on the games, congratulates you when you do well, encourages you when you make a mistake, and tells you the benefits of the game that make me openly weep real tears.

Without my knowing it would ever happen, the demo evoked an entire gamut of emotions that I never knew I had, and lost, and had been missing and unknowingly longing for. I never knew how much I missed my old elementary school teachers, until this game reminded me of them in such a subtle way as to make me cry uncontrollably. Seriously, just writing this out, there's tears on my face.

As far as demos go? I bought the whole game on the fucking spot. More salty tears were had.

While that might not have been the game designer's intention, that's certainly the impact it had on me.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:54:38 am by JoshuaFH »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107536 on: June 14, 2013, 08:52:48 am »

Spoiler: The good news. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The bad news. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The less bad news. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:56:15 am by Ultimuh »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #107537 on: June 14, 2013, 09:25:38 am »

I recently tried the free demo for Brain Age: Concentration Training, and I have to say... while I do like the genuine challenge and aesthetics involved, there's just... just some combination of Prof. Ryuta's calm, patient, and teacherly voice, in how he instructs you on the games, congratulates you when you do well, encourages you when you make a mistake, and tells you the benefits of the game that make me openly weep real tears.

Without my knowing it would ever happen, the demo evoked an entire gamut of emotions that I never knew I had, and lost, and had been missing and unknowingly longing for. I never knew how much I missed my old elementary school teachers, until this game reminded me of them in such a subtle way as to make me cry uncontrollably. Seriously, just writing this out, there's tears on my face.

As far as demos go? I bought the whole game on the fucking spot. More salty tears were had.

While that might not have been the game designer's intention, that's certainly the impact it had on me.

My mental imagery as I read this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107538 on: June 14, 2013, 09:29:50 am »

My mental imagery as I read this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If it tells you anything about me, I also cried when watching Great Teacher Onizuka, during the especially emotional parts.

Now that I think about it, I might have a real soft spot for this kind of stuff.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107539 on: June 14, 2013, 09:55:44 am »

Stumbled across a fucking awesome concert slated for August.
Big Head Todd & the Monsters, Soul Asylum, Matthew Sweet, and the Wailers -- each playing an entire album.
Early/mid-90's nostalgia is GO!  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #107540 on: June 14, 2013, 09:56:24 am »

GTO was so good that it became first anime I re-watched from start to end :P

* Haspen spoketh.

Personal happy: Met a handsome guy, and then enjoyed some rain that washed away the heat :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #107541 on: June 14, 2013, 10:23:51 am »

My brain finally caught up to my subconscious, and I figured out that all my stress is coming from not having money or a job.

The only downside is that while I can deal with the stress at its source (Stupid cultural expectations), I'm no closer to having money or a job.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #107542 on: June 14, 2013, 10:26:45 am »

I have a date (a date date, kind of, sort of) with an old friend-with-tension when I fly back to the States. I am thinking Brazilian food...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #107543 on: June 14, 2013, 10:30:25 am »

After some fiddling, I can now listen to VGM on the radio in my room without having to find and select and download good VGM for myself, woo!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107544 on: June 14, 2013, 02:37:16 pm »

I will no longer have to bypass my school's OpenDNS crap by using a VPN!

That's because I am now officially finished with high school.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107545 on: June 14, 2013, 02:37:46 pm »

This morning I was called forth to manage and oversee a massive blood transfusion.

(it's pretty simple, actually, I had to follow a protocol to make sure the right derivates were sent at the right time, with the right correction factors. But still, it sounds dramatic enough to be able to brag about it)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107546 on: June 14, 2013, 05:00:00 pm »

I just remembered that Season 11 of Red Vs Blue will begin at about 7pm central.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107547 on: June 14, 2013, 05:01:31 pm »

Aside from the back wheels rolling onto the curb on a ridiculously nasty turn (seriously, a tight 180 degrees going downhill would be tricky for a normal car, let alone a combination vehicle over 40 feet long), today's driving practice went quite well!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107548 on: June 14, 2013, 05:04:10 pm »

I just remembered that Season 11 of Red Vs Blue will begin at about 7pm central.

Yep! And apparently they're going back to the Blood Gulch Chronicles style.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 7168 7169 [7170] 7171 7172 ... 13325