Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7128 7129 [7130] 7131 7132 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15764425 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #106935 on: June 05, 2013, 10:46:52 am »

Much joy have I wrought from today!

Bought Rome: Total War plus its first expansion pack Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion for five dollars. What a steal!

In a similar vein, I grabbed the big Crusader Kings II DLC pack at 75% off the other day (everything except The Old Gods and related content).
Much happiness was had (and even more will be had once I have a working computer at home again...some day...)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #106936 on: June 05, 2013, 11:19:25 am »

Finished reading Matul Remrit today.  It was glorious.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #106937 on: June 05, 2013, 11:23:24 am »

Just saw a rabbit.
Just saw crabs, eels and massive carp in London.
And I talked with an old couple who were helping each other over the bridge [one of them was scared of crossing bridges].
And went out with an old friend.

Such is life!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106938 on: June 05, 2013, 11:42:16 am »

Cooking Skill Reacquired: Bacon!

Though it did come out a bit crispier than I prefer. Nothing burnt, but I like it a bit more limber. Not bad for not having cooked it stovetop for a few years, though.

Now to make little barbeque sandwiches out of it! Breakfast!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #106939 on: June 05, 2013, 11:44:52 am »

SO today im at my work (internet design and web hosting place) and i use MS Lync to search for John in the office to message him.
apparently there is two johns......

Im so happy that i found this.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106940 on: June 05, 2013, 12:08:04 pm »

Take a trip to the playground with the kids in the glorious sunshine. Get treated to a high speed low level (sub 100m) flypast of 2 Hercules transporters then 2 Typhoon jets rehearsing some kind of valley flight. Not only that but I found treasure - a silver spoon and a shiny black d10. Much awesomeness all round.
This is a blank sig.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106941 on: June 05, 2013, 12:21:39 pm »

Some time in the near future I am going to have guests!! They pulled in the drive around noon, my dogs woke me up. They waited patiently while I put on pants and went outside to talk with them. They gave me some reading material and asked me to read some sections of an extremely common book so we can discuss it when they come back. They wore grey suits and one of them had a great hat.

Yes, they're Jehovah's Witnesses but I never get visitors and it's kinda lonely only seeing my dogs and relatives. I will provide soda, lemonade, cookies, a Catholic bible, The Art of War, and comfy lawn chairs.

Get treated to a high speed low level (sub 100m) flypast of 2 Hercules transporters then 2 Typhoon jets rehearsing some kind of valley flight.
My house is right under a flight path for Selfridge ANG. We get a half dozen A10s flying over daily and it never gets old.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #106942 on: June 05, 2013, 12:25:40 pm »

Spoiler: -snipity snip snip- (click to show/hide)
do you live in the minneapolis area in the U.S?
cause the singer "Prince" is a Jehovah's witness and he lives there.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #106943 on: June 05, 2013, 12:37:37 pm »

Some time in the near future I am going to have guests!! They pulled in the drive around noon, my dogs woke me up. They waited patiently while I put on pants and went outside to talk with them. They gave me some reading material and asked me to read some sections of an extremely common book so we can discuss it when they come back. They wore grey suits and one of them had a great hat.

Yes, they're Jehovah's Witnesses but I never get visitors and it's kinda lonely only seeing my dogs and relatives. I will provide soda, lemonade, cookies, a Catholic bible, The Art of War, and comfy lawn chairs.

Get treated to a high speed low level (sub 100m) flypast of 2 Hercules transporters then 2 Typhoon jets rehearsing some kind of valley flight.
My house is right under a flight path for Selfridge ANG. We get a half dozen A10s flying over daily and it never gets old.
'They may be Jehova's witnesses, but what they hey!'
So you are going to alternate between reading the Catholic canon Bible, the Jehovah's Witness "Bible", and the Art of War. I heartily approve!

I have actually learned more about strategy reading the war bits in the Old Testament than reading the Art of War.

My doctor is a Jehovah's Witness, and he scatters Jehovah's Witnessian (Jehovian? Witnessian? Both?) magazines all over the place. Ugh.

EDIT: Launch a Roman Missile at them if they get too uppity.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:51:55 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106944 on: June 05, 2013, 12:55:54 pm »

Nowhere near there.

'They may be Jehova's witnesses, but what they hey!'
Exactly, I'm lonely. Even if they just want to convert me to their denomination they can still (hopefully) provide intelligent conversation.

So you are going to alternate between reading the Catholic canon Bible, the Jehovah's Witness "Bible", and the Art of War. I heartily approve!

I have actually learned more about strategy reading the war bits in the Old Testament than reading the Art of War.

My doctor is a Jehovah's Witness, and he scatters Jehovah's Witnessian (Jehovian? Witnessian? Both?) magazines all over the place. Ugh.

I prefer the Catholic Bible(Mine's the NAB) to the NIV(Protestant) mainly because of the inclusion of Macabees 1 and 2.

Much of The Art of War is self evident if you have a good founding in strategy and tactics.

Religion is like a penis, it's fine if you have one but there's no need to wave it around and shove it in people's faces. Also: keep it away from my children.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #106945 on: June 05, 2013, 01:05:06 pm »

you're a national guard?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #106946 on: June 05, 2013, 01:06:31 pm »

Nowhere near there.
Wait....so the base was named for the first guy to die in a military crash?? (And his uncle was sunk three times in the Civil War??)
...I think I'd want a different posting. Just sayin.  :o

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106947 on: June 05, 2013, 01:18:58 pm »

Yay for more Michiganders!

I've been to Selfridge with my grandpa a few times, for air shows and such; he's an engineer, and he really digs planes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106948 on: June 05, 2013, 01:26:11 pm »

"What would Tylwinn Lannister do" is a perfect problem-solving strategy
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #106949 on: June 05, 2013, 01:43:03 pm »

"What would Tyrion Lannister do" is a perfect problem-solving strategy
ftfy

Wait, he'd just get drunk and laid.

Pages: 1 ... 7128 7129 [7130] 7131 7132 ... 13325