Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7120 7121 [7122] 7123 7124 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773965 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #106815 on: June 01, 2013, 03:42:43 pm »

My Spanish is a minor aid at best here.

Something along the lines of "Yes, and there isn't a word signifying the same thing as "post" in Portuguese...it's very strange!"

How terrible was that?  :P

I don't know a word that means "post". Tip: Portuguese has seven vowels, while Spanish only has five. Certain stressed o's in Portuguese correspond to ue in Spanish, certain stressed e's to ie. Ei and ou will be é and ó in Spanish, usually. So, não sei = no sé.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #106816 on: June 01, 2013, 04:39:01 pm »

Boyfriend and I just had a moment <3  We discovered we both love looking for hidden meanings in movies and books that are often not intended by the authors.  Case in point, Tangled:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My boyfriend and I ended up sending each other e-kisses and e-hugs over that one @_@

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #106817 on: June 01, 2013, 04:51:12 pm »

Yellow trailer is out, the voice acting is a bit better, but the writing still feels cliche. Also Yang's chest sticks out so much it looks odd in my opinion. Liked what they did with the music though.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 05:02:16 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106818 on: June 01, 2013, 05:01:10 pm »

Honestly, I agree on pretty much all of those points. The writing felt painfully rote, as if they were trying to make the most stereotypical scene possible. Hopefully that'll change as things progress (and hopefully they'll dial back the fetish fuel on Yellow, because damn back pain). I really disliked Red's voice, though. It felt quite a bit too "young" in comparison to her expressions and actions in the first trailer, but maybe that's just me.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #106819 on: June 01, 2013, 05:54:59 pm »

Generally agreed, yeah, although I also think that it's too early to be doing callbacks to earlier trailers. While the music is awesome, it creates a dependency on the other characters that stands out, if that makes any sense at all. Damn quality choreography though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #106820 on: June 01, 2013, 06:24:21 pm »

Imho, the trailers just KEEP GETTING BETTER.

:D

I am loving this so much...

ALSO I WANT THAT REMIX. NOW.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106821 on: June 01, 2013, 06:45:56 pm »

I was wondering how long it would take before the Yellow trailer got brought up here. I'm not really an anime fan, but I have to say, I have enjoyed the trailers. I will definitely be watching the series.

(not because I watch everything RT puts out, because I DEFINITELY don't do that!)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106822 on: June 01, 2013, 06:47:52 pm »

Hah, yes. RvB was tired and boring by the time they went to Halo 2. Won't stop me from giving this a shot, though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106823 on: June 01, 2013, 07:13:37 pm »

Ha guys the new Yellow trailer is ou- Damn it.

Hah, yes. RvB was tired and boring by the time they went to Halo 2. Won't stop me from giving this a shot, though.
I don't care much for season 3-5.  6 and onwards are much better thou.  To me at least.

Also, around 4:30 it looks like the missile launcher South used. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106824 on: June 01, 2013, 07:21:55 pm »

Ha guys the new Yellow trailer is ou- Damn it.
If you can find a youtube version of it you would still be able to finish that sentence :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106825 on: June 01, 2013, 07:39:57 pm »

This has got to be the MOST ADORABLE THING I have ever seen...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT0oUARKw68
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #106826 on: June 01, 2013, 07:52:53 pm »

Hey you guys all want cloning Dinosaurs right? Me too. But we can't get that yet. Intead we're trying the next best thing, Cloning Mammoths.  And they just found a carcass with liquid Mammoth blood inside. Liquid, 10,000 yr old blood. In Siberia.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:43:58 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106827 on: June 01, 2013, 07:59:12 pm »

Hey you guys all want cloning Dinosaurs right? Me too. But we can't get that yet. Intead we're trying the next best thing, Cloning Mammoths.  And they just found a carcass with liquid Mammoth blood inside. Liquid, 10,00 yr old blood. In Siberia.

Scientists say they poked the frozen creature with a pick and dark liquid blood flowed out.
Really?  They find a mammoth and one of the first things they do is try to poke it?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106828 on: June 01, 2013, 08:02:29 pm »

What the hell do you think science is? Poke it and see what happens is and always has been rule 1.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106829 on: June 01, 2013, 08:38:21 pm »

The last few weeks have sucked but things are turning around and after the peak of stressfulness today I got my email from the Golden Sky Stories kickstarter with my PDF of the game and I have a huge gigantic grin on my face as I read it with a friend and I'm so happy. Even the poetry is translated beautifully and I can't even get past the foreword without smiling:

"May your stories sustain you. May it add flowers to the story of your life. That is what the humble author prays for."

Yeah it's beautiful and I'm incoherent right now but oh well.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 7120 7121 [7122] 7123 7124 ... 13325