Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7114 7115 [7116] 7117 7118 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778057 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #106725 on: May 31, 2013, 12:54:55 am »

Won a giveaway, got World of Goo.

I've been getting really lucky recently.  It's nice.  Hopefully tomorrow's interview goes well... I've already got housing and everything else set up, so I should net about $2,000 and some work experience from a month's part-time work :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106726 on: May 31, 2013, 01:05:46 am »

Dictionary of Numbers.

If I type $2,000, it says [≈ One Starbucks latte per day for a year]. It's pretty cool. It has that kind of thing for tons of units.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106727 on: May 31, 2013, 01:10:43 am »

Meh.  1/3 of a graduate course, for me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106728 on: May 31, 2013, 01:25:23 am »

DDDDDAAAAAAAMMMMNNN

Wait, the hell is middle school?

Hell.
I'm not quite sure how to tell you this, kid, but, well, you have a lot to learn. Just wait.

I know. Highschool is double hell.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #106729 on: May 31, 2013, 01:26:54 am »

Middle school is elementary school?

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #106730 on: May 31, 2013, 01:34:29 am »

Murrica separates secondary school (what we call in Australia [and presumably the Netherlands, except in Dutch] high school) into Middle School (years 7-9, I think) and High School (10-12). Except they don't call them by numbers, but freshmen, seniors, juniors and other things that make no sense, because Murrica.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #106731 on: May 31, 2013, 01:36:57 am »

Grades 6-8

Not how it's done all over the U.S., though.  Some school districts have Jr High instead, which is grade 7-8, and 6th grade will be considered elementary.  My school had Jr High/High School in the same building, which collected students from several surrounding elementaries.  Still only amounted to about 640 students.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106732 on: May 31, 2013, 01:56:37 am »

My sister left her facebook logged in at university.

Apparently she is pregnant now.   :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106733 on: May 31, 2013, 02:25:22 am »

Found out that the price to take courses at Berkeley is 1/3 what I thought it was ;_;  I am really, really happy.  If I can just land a job, then I'll be in very good shape... !

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #106734 on: May 31, 2013, 02:30:21 am »

Go, vector, go!

And put in a good word for me with your employer. I need a job too. >.>
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106735 on: May 31, 2013, 02:34:20 am »

* Tiruin gives Vector all the well-wishes she deserves. Because she worked for it all and such.

Good thing today?
> Bloody headache, sinus and other common cold-related illness (figurative) symptoms and signs are feeling better. Just one day after its onset!
> Watched Epic today. Was epic. Excuse the pun. Only problem? The immersion...IMO, it is a quality movie, but lacking enough time and/or scenes to truly understand the characters..not that it was a deal with me, but I couldn't relate with some. Also, on wiki'ing it, the critics are really harsh on the ratings. >_>
Still is amazing and a new inspiration of what to draw.
> Family! Relatives and all, getting to meet them once again from the capital is a great thing.
> Writing! Finally got the guts to show my friends/family my writing/art skills. Reaction was unexpected. It was great. ;3

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106736 on: May 31, 2013, 02:41:53 am »

We'll see.  I'm going for one grad course in the fall and two in the spring, and then the math GREs again and another two in the fall... if I can just get enough money... my psych experiments actually did land me a couple hundred, though, so that's nice.

That'd be about 12,500 bucks, plus living expenses, though I can save if I keep living with my parents in the fall and just waitress or something in the evenings for a bit.  I'll do my best.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #106737 on: May 31, 2013, 02:48:21 am »

Yay! I got accepted to University to study Comp Sci!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:52:40 am by anzki4 »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #106738 on: May 31, 2013, 03:02:56 am »

Kid is done with school!  That's an hour gained every day, from not having to get him up and ready!  On the other hand, wife's stress level is sure to rise.

Also, 3DCoat e-mailed me about a huge update.  It's looking really interesting.  Haven't fooled with the program since it was in alpha several years ago, but I'm going to have another look into it soon.  Could be a major update to my workflows.  Actually pretty excited about that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #106739 on: May 31, 2013, 03:46:00 am »

Yay! I got accepted to University to study Comp Sci!
One of us! One of us!
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 7114 7115 [7116] 7117 7118 ... 13325