Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7092 7093 [7094] 7095 7096 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15792224 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #106395 on: May 24, 2013, 08:22:03 pm »

Roadtrips are great, really. Unless you go with family members, that absolutely ruins it. If you're with a few friends, it's 100% better. Me and a group of friends are actually entertaining an idea in which we save up a lot of money, and go on a road trip to Gen Con in Indiana. It's only sort of a "What If?" at the moment, but god damn would that be awesome.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106396 on: May 24, 2013, 08:24:22 pm »

Sounds like it'd be fun!

It's just me on this trip. I spent a disturbing amount of time talking to myself :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #106397 on: May 24, 2013, 08:32:53 pm »

Omg, omegle!

Also, Omegle thread here.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106398 on: May 24, 2013, 10:21:20 pm »

Finally got around to playing FEAR, only eight years or so late to the party. The shoot-y bits are decent enough as such things go. More importantly, though, the horror is done very well, especially in terms of making it flow with the game as an FPS rather than jerking you out of that context. The flashlight is just dim and short-lived enough to occasionally leave you sitting in the pitch black if you don't manage it carefully, the hud flickers and goes static-y when psychic goings-on are going on, and the Alma bits (even if a decent portion of them are fairly simple jump scares) are put together very well. The one that stands out most in my mind is a sequence where you're going up a ladder (which slows your movement and prevents you from using your gun) and as soon as you can see the top she pops up right in front of you. Even though I consciously know it's all illusions that can't hurt me, I still time after time end up wasting a few shots, which to me is an indicator of fairly strong immersion. Mm, it's a satisfying game, and the graphics have held up surprisingly well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106399 on: May 24, 2013, 10:54:46 pm »

All I remember of that game is lots of bullet time and a hallway full of blood.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106400 on: May 24, 2013, 10:55:58 pm »

All I know of the game comes from this video.

Apparently it's about friendly, awkward, possibly homicidal children with the ability to break physics.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106401 on: May 24, 2013, 10:56:58 pm »

I still haven't beaten the first game in that series, despite owning it since it came out :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106402 on: May 24, 2013, 11:07:00 pm »

I now have a sewing machine in my house. I am going to make so many clothes. And a beyyooteeeffuuullll dress.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106403 on: May 24, 2013, 11:13:15 pm »

I now have a sewing machine in my house. I am going to make so many clothes. And a beyyooteeeffuuullll dress.

*thumbs up*

I'm going to take up sewing soon too, I think.  I need an apron, and I'd like to try sewing myself some things in brighter colors.  And I've got clothes that could really use some patching and rehemming.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #106404 on: May 24, 2013, 11:13:52 pm »

Roadtrips are great, really. Unless you go with family members, that absolutely ruins it. If you're with a few friends, it's 100% better. Me and a group of friends are actually entertaining an idea in which we save up a lot of money, and go on a road trip to Gen Con in Indiana. It's only sort of a "What If?" at the moment, but god damn would that be awesome.

Gencon is great.  I've gone almost every year for the past 14 years.  I only live about 20-30 minutes away from where it's hosted now, and always have at least a couple friends who live farther away staying with us for the duration.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106405 on: May 24, 2013, 11:59:31 pm »

Watching Catch Me If You Can. This is a good freaking movie.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #106406 on: May 25, 2013, 05:17:11 am »

Just finished Metro Last light...

"SLOW-MO RUSSIANS!"

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106407 on: May 25, 2013, 06:38:51 am »

Reus is one pretty clever little god game.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #106408 on: May 25, 2013, 09:36:21 am »

Finally got around to playing FEAR, only eight years or so late to the party. The shoot-y bits are decent enough as such things go. More importantly, though, the horror is done very well, especially in terms of making it flow with the game as an FPS rather than jerking you out of that context. The flashlight is just dim and short-lived enough to occasionally leave you sitting in the pitch black if you don't manage it carefully, the hud flickers and goes static-y when psychic goings-on are going on, and the Alma bits (even if a decent portion of them are fairly simple jump scares) are put together very well. The one that stands out most in my mind is a sequence where you're going up a ladder (which slows your movement and prevents you from using your gun) and as soon as you can see the top she pops up right in front of you. Even though I consciously know it's all illusions that can't hurt me, I still time after time end up wasting a few shots, which to me is an indicator of fairly strong immersion. Mm, it's a satisfying game, and the graphics have held up surprisingly well.
That reminds me of this:
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #106409 on: May 25, 2013, 11:38:19 am »

Just had some nice barbeque, pork sausages and chicken breasts grilled in some mysterious sauce made up of leftover sauces. The more effort you put into it the better it tastes.
And the seeds I planted from last year, how they have grown. I can barely recognize them, so bootiful ;-;
Pages: 1 ... 7092 7093 [7094] 7095 7096 ... 13325