Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7074 7075 [7076] 7077 7078 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15800983 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #106125 on: May 20, 2013, 03:10:16 am »

If your family ends up anything like mine... Much.
Then again, might be different.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106126 on: May 20, 2013, 03:14:07 am »

Fair 'nough.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #106127 on: May 20, 2013, 04:06:30 am »

One is already a hand full. I sometimes wonder how our species actually managed to procreate and not kill our offspring in exasperation.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #106128 on: May 20, 2013, 04:09:14 am »

One is already a hand full. I sometimes wonder how our species actually managed to procreate and not kill our offspring in exasperation.
See chimpanzees, where the father eats the babies in order to have more sex.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106129 on: May 20, 2013, 04:13:40 am »

See chimpanzees, where the father eats the babies in order to have more sex.

....ALTERNATIVELY see extended families and local communities, to whom we can lazily hand off our kids as often as we are able.

Also, I rather liked growing up with siblings. Also, though it was more expensive, I think we helped raise and keep each other in line, which might have saved Mom some work in the long run.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106130 on: May 20, 2013, 06:35:49 am »

Oh yeah, I had my first Double Down the other day. It was quite good if I say so myself. Had I a camera on me at the time, I would've done the archetypal double down pose.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106131 on: May 20, 2013, 07:28:28 am »

I made some onigiri, without any failures! *munch*
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106132 on: May 20, 2013, 08:19:18 am »

Finally finished that Story-print thing!

And I realized I can make 3D art...well, partly (minus all perspective errors, the aloofness of mixing the shades, the difference with the background...), but its still 3D O_o

And Finals are now over. Yay 2 week vacation.

Edit: And friends. Thank you so much Skyrunner!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:06:59 am by Tiruin »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106133 on: May 20, 2013, 09:58:12 am »

Kai, if you're going off "Non-existance is better than a little familial tension?", then you can't say no to having a kid every 9 months.

Because otherwise, all those kids would suffer non-existence! D:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106134 on: May 20, 2013, 11:55:28 am »

Kai, if you're going off "Non-existance is better than a little familial tension?", then you can't say no to having a kid every 9 months.

Thinking too small/too luddite. Sperm/egg harvesting and surrogate birth mothers. One every month, at minimum. More if you managed to split sperm samples over several eggs (though at that point, you'd probably have to be getting quite a few egg donors outside your partner or indulging in some serious polygamy) or induce twins/triplets/etc.

Honestly, going down that path you'd eventually end up having to harvest sperm on a daily+ basis (plenty just die off naturally, iirc. Can't have that! Think of the potential babies!), find some way to artificially create eggs (only way to keep up with sperm production), and construct an iron womb facility the size of Australia and growing exponentially on a daily basis. Earth couldn't withstand the strain for very long, but hey, a short life of starvation is better than non-existence! Whee!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:57:18 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106135 on: May 20, 2013, 12:03:31 pm »

As a younger brother, Kai... One child is best. .____.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #106136 on: May 20, 2013, 12:10:54 pm »

Thinking too small/too luddite. Sperm/egg harvesting and surrogate birth mothers. One every month, at minimum. More if you managed to split sperm samples over several eggs (though at that point, you'd probably have to be getting quite a few egg donors outside your partner or indulging in some serious polygamy) or induce twins/triplets/etc.

Honestly, going down that path you'd eventually end up having to harvest sperm on a daily+ basis (plenty just die off naturally, iirc. Can't have that! Think of the potential babies!), find some way to artificially create eggs (only way to keep up with sperm production), and construct an iron womb facility the size of Australia and growing exponentially on a daily basis. Earth couldn't withstand the strain for very long, but hey, a short life of starvation is better than non-existence! Whee!
Reminds me of the test tube baby discussions in the B12 spessh program.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #106137 on: May 20, 2013, 12:13:40 pm »

This morning there was supposed to be a zero percent chance of rain.....

So, right as I finally get out of court, the weather turns bullshit.

I just walk right past the group of people huddling under the awning trying to keep dry, because there isn't a damn thing that's gonna keep me from my sammich. I walk through the rain, no umbrella, not believing it because this damn rain shit isn't scheduled today.......

I get my sammich, because sammich.....

The rain immediately stops completely after I walk in the building. So, of course, I'm just in there looking out the window. The sky is completely dry..... The bailiff is just looking up at the clouds like a dog that peed on the rug, and he just looks at me and says ' SO you got wet too huh?" What am I gonna say? I'm drenched.

The good news? What do I see outside but our favorite unlicensed taco vendor and his faithful cart wit.  Police offices lined up? :D
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106138 on: May 20, 2013, 12:15:38 pm »

Was the taco delicious~?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106139 on: May 20, 2013, 12:54:13 pm »

@Frumple: HAIL MALTHUS!

A couple days ago, we had our last showing of Urinetown (the musical). It's an amazing musical. Hilarious, smart, goes above your head and below your waist. Not as many pee jokes as you'd expect from the title. In fact, most of the urine-related jokes are based around how ridiculous it is that all this plot is happening due to urination fees. The show ends with a chant of... Hail Malthus! This makes perfect sense by that point.
Pages: 1 ... 7074 7075 [7076] 7077 7078 ... 13325