Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7070 7071 [7072] 7073 7074 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15802736 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #106066 on: May 19, 2013, 02:42:47 am »

You stayed up that late?!

I AM EXpRESSING SHOCK TO A DIVINE ENTITY AS OF THIS MOMEEEEENT
Yes.   And then I got a few hours of sleep, and now it's 3 in the morning and I'm having trouble concentrating while watching youtube. 
But yes, soccer balls do make good pillows.  Exept that you do have to put your head at a bit of a weird angle, or else you head will be at a near 70 degree angle. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #106067 on: May 19, 2013, 02:49:42 am »

70 degree angle?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Yeah, worst movie ever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106068 on: May 19, 2013, 03:49:52 am »

Yeah, I felt like it was especially ridiculous because she was pretty much the main positive-leaning thing about commencement, and she was completely absurd.  She was like a parody of complimentary behavior.

I do agree that having that story to tell was worth all the pain, though.  Glad I stuck it out to the end for every miserable detail, too :3  Now I am a more interesting person, and that's the important thing.  Getting a reputation as someone with a lot of interesting stories IRL too, which makes me happy because most of them happened to me by accident.

Happies: finished watching both Kill Bill and the first season of Elementary today (I had 20 minutes left on each); more Mass Effect; purchased the entire Deus Ex series for $20; and graduation.

Tomorrow I'll try to finish the bulk of my paper.  I'm kind of scared because after this last assignment I'm off the hook completely for about a month... not sure what I'm going to do with myself, haha.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106069 on: May 19, 2013, 04:23:10 am »

I'm kind of scared because after this last assignment I'm off the hook completely for about a month... not sure what I'm going to do with myself, haha.

Dude, there are so many things you can do. So many. All you have to do is start thinking about the possibilities for things you want to experiment with, or learn, or create, or see, or read, or whatever you want to do with your time... and you can bring back that warm, fuzzy, and all-too familiar feeling of being completely and utterly overwhelmed and crushingly busy. Only now you can summon it at will, on your own terms!

...Maybeyay‽

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #106070 on: May 19, 2013, 05:18:54 am »

This is a bit late, but my school is organizing a gaming competition next year.

YEESSSSSSSSSS.

It is now my holy duty as a roguelike player to get at least one roguelike in there. I was thinking that Stone Soup is probably the most plausible.
I'll also have to download LoL so I don't get curbstomped, because that game will most certainly be in there.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106071 on: May 19, 2013, 05:26:12 am »

I'm just going to put this out there, and take this as just one person with a limited view on the situation, but don't be that guy.
Roguelikes, as much as we enjoy them, are not very popular. It isn't even because people 'just don't understand', but rather most people legitimately don't like them. It is kind of like when people are listening to music, and songs are playing that everybody is enjoying, and then one guy puts on his indie tune that nobody really likes except him and the mood dies a little. Sometimes you just need to roll with what people are doing and when you get home you can enjoy your games with civilized people who share this view.

Take it or leave it.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #106072 on: May 19, 2013, 05:29:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is possibly one of the best things I've read in a while.
So proud ;_;  Congratulations, Vector
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #106073 on: May 19, 2013, 06:25:47 am »

I'm just going to put this out there, and take this as just one person with a limited view on the situation, but don't be that guy.
Roguelikes, as much as we enjoy them, are not very popular. It isn't even because people 'just don't understand', but rather most people legitimately don't like them. It is kind of like when people are listening to music, and songs are playing that everybody is enjoying, and then one guy puts on his indie tune that nobody really likes except him and the mood dies a little. Sometimes you just need to roll with what people are doing and when you get home you can enjoy your games with civilized people who share this view.

Take it or leave it.
I know.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #106074 on: May 19, 2013, 11:44:23 am »

I freakin' love Sublime Text 2. How did I ever code anything without it before?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106075 on: May 19, 2013, 11:46:44 am »

So, despite completely failing out of the semester before last, and having severe domestic issues before that, I managed to claw my way back up to a 2.5 GPA. With another strong showing this summer, I should graduate with a 2.7 or so.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106076 on: May 19, 2013, 11:53:15 am »

Starcraft 2 Protoss Immortals.... They've just become my mainstay unit, easily replacing stalkers and taking out pretty much anything en mass when properly supported. Stalkers are hit and run/ anti air. Yes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106077 on: May 19, 2013, 01:37:00 pm »

and you can bring back that warm, fuzzy, and all-too familiar feeling of being completely and utterly overwhelmed and crushingly busy

Oooooh, I feel safer and happier already :D

I'm sure I'll be feeling better soon, but at the moment I'm still decompressing from the past few months' high-stress experience, so I have a weird disparity between how I feel and what I understand the situation to be. Cognitive dissonance~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106078 on: May 19, 2013, 01:38:10 pm »

Starcraft 2 Protoss Immortals.... They've just become my mainstay unit, easily replacing stalkers and taking out pretty much anything en mass when properly supported. Stalkers are hit and run/ anti air. Yes.
Indeed. My favorite build is Immortal Stalker Collossus High Templar, for maximum glass cannonage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106079 on: May 19, 2013, 02:29:39 pm »

*huff huff* Just spent two hours at the gym with Wolfeyez. First thing she does when we get home? Tell me to go sit down, brings me a glass of juice, and starts cooking. O_o How did my life get to be this good?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 7070 7071 [7072] 7073 7074 ... 13325