Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7064 7065 [7066] 7067 7068 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805612 times)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #105975 on: May 17, 2013, 05:13:43 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:29:11 pm by Ogdibus »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #105976 on: May 17, 2013, 05:14:44 pm »

Urinetown!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #105977 on: May 17, 2013, 05:15:02 pm »

I started, admittedly on the wrong tangent, i continued, thought i might as well wrap it up. Seemed a direct route. I apologize if it had much emotional impact. Edit: Not the right day to be troubling you with this. I'm deeply sorry, and hope you can relax.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:16:56 pm by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #105978 on: May 17, 2013, 05:23:05 pm »

Seemed a direct route. I apologize if it had much emotional impact.
Meh. I think the only thing that happened was people not agreeing with you :P

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #105979 on: May 17, 2013, 05:24:24 pm »

So do i, but not the right day to do this.
Reading a thinner book

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105980 on: May 17, 2013, 05:25:10 pm »

Why waste energy on sex?  Sheesh.  Speaking as an asexual here--y'all waste a lot of time!

I'm gonna have to argue you on this one, Vector. As a hypersexual, the time spent in bed is not wasted. It's spent on emotional bonding, stress relief, immune system boosting, a natural endorphin high, and cardio workouts.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:31:20 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #105981 on: May 17, 2013, 05:25:56 pm »

I'm gonna have to argue you on this one, Vector. As a hypersexual, the time spent in bed is not wasted. It's spent on emotional bonding, stress relief, immune system boosting, a natural endorphin high, and cardio workouts.
And intense pleasure.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105982 on: May 17, 2013, 05:28:00 pm »

Well, I'm in a slightly angrier mood, but I also just got off of an argument with my mother so I don't have as good a leash on my tongue as usual.

Novel, I think you should start your own thread for this.  I will post in it and I will argue in it, happily.  But you've been talking about it in a lot of the emotion threads recently, and I think people (read: me and whatever army decides they'll fall in) sometimes want space to, I dunno, not deal with this sort of thing.  Sort of like how the progressivism thread means that we can all chat about misogyny and stuff in there and not have it spoiling other places.

Does that make sense?

Oh, I know.  I was just being a hyperrationalist shithead to prove a point.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #105983 on: May 17, 2013, 05:31:50 pm »

Don't worry about it, I'll keep it there. I tend to grab any chance that might prove to be effective, really, given personal frustrations on the lack of opportunity. Time to chill.
Reading a thinner book

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105984 on: May 17, 2013, 05:32:54 pm »

Well, I'm in a slightly angrier mood, but I also just got off of an argument with my mother so I don't have as good a leash on my tongue as usual.

Novel, I think you should start your own thread for this.  I will post in it and I will argue in it, happily.  But you've been talking about it in a lot of the emotion threads recently, and I think people (read: me and whatever army decides they'll fall in) sometimes want space to, I dunno, not deal with this sort of thing.  Sort of like how the progressivism thread means that we can all chat about misogyny and stuff in there and not have it spoiling other places.

Does that make sense?

Oh, I know.  I was just being a hyperrationalist shithead to prove a point.
Ah, well, that makes my counterpoint a lot less worthwhile. That said, I will never understand asexuals, despite my brother being one. How do you go without clawing your skin off from the hunger?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #105985 on: May 17, 2013, 05:33:49 pm »

I assume it's by not being hungry in the first place?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105986 on: May 17, 2013, 05:49:02 pm »

There isn't any hunger.

For a long time, I was confused by people who went off and had sex, because I thought resisting was about as hard as, I don't know, learning not to suck your thumb.  I get bored when I'm making out with people.  Part of me is like "whee, hormonal happiness!" but a large portion of my brain is typically active, upset, and wishing it were doing something else.

For me, it's mostly about aesthetics.  Naked people are interesting because they are beautiful.  Touching them is interesting because people have wonderful textures.  Sometimes folks get upset about this, because they don't enjoy being examined, but whatever--that's a compatibility problem.

The only interest I have ever had in sex was because I knew my lack of interest was separating me from the rest of humanity and that I wasn't "supposed" to be this way.  I get more release and satisfaction from turning in a hard problem set at the end of the week than I do from kissing folks, masturbation, or anything else.  I hunt down that sort of enjoyment the same way most people hunt down dates.  I am an addict.  When I don't get my fix, I become suicidally depressed.

Basically, my sex drive got transplanted into an aesthetic drive, as far as I can tell.  I am desperately claw-your-skin-off hungry for beauty.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105987 on: May 17, 2013, 06:10:33 pm »

I'm not claw-your-skin-off-hungry about anything. Ever. Even actual hunger is pretty bearable for a few days.
I don't get why people get so concerned about... well anything really.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #105988 on: May 17, 2013, 06:16:13 pm »

I'm claw-your-skin-off hungry about romantic affection, which I don't get, so I deal with it by writing love letters and curling up into shivering little balls of depression and cling at night.

I'm going to be a horrible boyfriend/husband, someday. I'll be so undistant the entire relationship will go out in flames and wailing, destroyed by its members' own hunger for each other. Clinginess is wretched but addicting stuff...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:18:17 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #105989 on: May 17, 2013, 06:23:10 pm »

Butterfly effect, programming for purpose, and a wish for monument, usually. Some people will settle, but the vast majority will refuse to live a life they consider half-lived Edit: if at all possible. On every front, why do you think i popped up in this thread? Flight is the only option.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:26:06 pm by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Pages: 1 ... 7064 7065 [7066] 7067 7068 ... 13325