Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6871 6872 [6873] 6874 6875 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772207 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: [┌('~`;)┐] The burritos are back, Tomoko ate them. (Happy thread)
« Reply #103080 on: April 06, 2013, 10:12:48 pm »

Comic book of Dr. Mcninja is on it's way, as well as throwing knives. Yay, amazon!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103081 on: April 06, 2013, 10:16:53 pm »

Google is still the good guy so far :3

I like the part where they earn all that money without shoving ads in your face.

This. You have NEVER EVER EVER seen an ad for Google. Because Google doesn't NEED adds.
Uh, Hans, I'm not sure how to tell you this but Google Adsense is the largest ad provider on the internet. They just sell adspace instead of using it themselves.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #103082 on: April 06, 2013, 10:24:33 pm »

Coupled with Google Analytics, Google is kinda the king of ads. Google lives of ads.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #103083 on: April 06, 2013, 10:30:20 pm »

Those little tiny search results are ads, in fact. Also, most ads you see are google.

Also: headpants are back? What's next, triple fish?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103084 on: April 06, 2013, 10:46:56 pm »

FIIIIIIIIIISH

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #103085 on: April 06, 2013, 10:53:32 pm »

I like the part where they earn all that money without shoving ads in your face.

This. You have NEVER EVER EVER seen an ad for Google. Because Google doesn't NEED adds.
Uh, Hans, I'm not sure how to tell you this but Google Adsense is the largest ad provider on the internet. They just sell adspace instead of using it themselves.

Emphasis mine.

You're arguing completely different things. Hans said that there are no ads FOR GOOGLE. You're arguing that google doesn't have anything to do with ads. Completely different things.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103086 on: April 06, 2013, 11:07:50 pm »

I saw Jurassic Park in 3D. I think that the movie holds up well, although there were a few parts that when I looked at them I thought that they looked fake.

Not bad for a movie that came out shortly after I was born.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #103087 on: April 06, 2013, 11:22:27 pm »

I have a lead on a job. I think.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103088 on: April 06, 2013, 11:47:37 pm »

Emphasis mine.

You're arguing completely different things. Hans said that there are no ads FOR GOOGLE. You're arguing that google doesn't have anything to do with ads. Completely different things.

This.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103089 on: April 06, 2013, 11:49:25 pm »

Kind of an arbitrary argument. If you don't like ads, and Google enables more ads than anyone else, then that Google doesn't use ads for Google is irrelevant.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #103090 on: April 07, 2013, 12:35:44 am »

True enough, but Hans was more pointing out that Google managed its ridiculous amount of search engine market share through sheer force of awesome, and not though ads or anything like that, which is pretty darned impressive.

EDIT: ANYWAY, happy things... Well, watching anime with girlfriend over skype. So yeah. Lots and lots of happies going on over here.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103091 on: April 07, 2013, 12:36:35 am »

Today I went to see relatives for the family Easter celebration.  There were wildflower fields and an uncle took shots of me running through them, haha.  I received compliments on my published book, my dress sense, my humor, and my intellect (which, trust me, is a rare thing to happen in my extended family).  I may also be rooming with a cousin next year, which would save both of us a hell of a lot of money and chagrin.

Other good things: practiced driving.  This time around, I seem to be quite talented at it.  Phew.

And, I started reading Harry Potter and the Natural Twenty.  It is wonderful.  Go read.

Tomorrow: Latin mass with Gregorian chant; today, this absolutely phenomenal rendition of Swan Lake.

. . . Okay, I also have a little crush on a biomedical engineer from Illinois who happens to be both Catholic and part of our gaming group, whose futility I am quite enjoying.  I can't (rather, shouldn't--see the Catholic + small friendgroup part of that) have him, so I'm just happily absorbing the feeling.  But, I dunno.  He's cute, funny, interesting, and seems like a really good person.  Just, you know, generally pleasant to be around.  I'd really like to get to know him better.

Bad Vector, bad >_<  Tomorrow I'll break my passion for forbidden fruit, but that's tomorrow.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103092 on: April 07, 2013, 12:38:39 am »

Either way MSH, with enough fiber-having places (and quite a bit of complaining from the other isps, if kansas city was any indicator), eventually the others will either complain about it until some politician caves in or actually have to compete and upgrade their stuff. Upgrading their stuff is happy to everyone nearby said internet boost.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103093 on: April 07, 2013, 12:47:51 am »

Vidya game soundtracks! Fast-paced battle music, epic sweeping instrumental sections, nice vocals on some of the tracks, even if they aren't in English.

This has nothing to do with any current discussion. It just makes me happy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #103094 on: April 07, 2013, 03:12:24 am »

I watched The Wicker Man tonight. It was... worth a watch.

Not quite as terrible as everyone says it was. Most of the movie is just mediocre, even decent at times.
Pages: 1 ... 6871 6872 [6873] 6874 6875 ... 13325