Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6840 6841 [6842] 6843 6844 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770904 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102615 on: March 29, 2013, 07:41:44 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njos57IJf-0

Is a rap battle between Bill gates and Steve jobs. Obviously, as a rap battle, involves swearing.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102616 on: March 29, 2013, 08:02:35 pm »

Ah yes, my favorite of those is still Freddie Mercury vs Frank Sinatra. Mostly due to the music, rather than the lyrics or visuals.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #102617 on: March 29, 2013, 08:47:40 pm »

There's several really good ones.  I think Steve Jobs vs Bill Gates is the best, my other favorites are:

Genghis Khan vs The Easter Bunny
Michael Jackson vs Elvis
Abe Lincoln vs Chuck Norris
Hulk Hogan vs Kim Jong-Il
Master Chief vs Leonidas
Einstein vs Stephen Hawking
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #102618 on: March 29, 2013, 08:50:30 pm »

My top5 of ERBoH:

Freddie Mercury vs Frank Sinatra
Steve Jobs vs Bill Gates
Gandhi vs Martin Luther King Jr.
Thomas Edison vs Nikola Tesla
Gandalf vs Dumbledore

Aren't we hijacking the thread onto different set of rails again? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #102619 on: March 29, 2013, 08:50:52 pm »

There's several really good ones.  I think Steve Jobs vs Bill Gates is the best, my other favorites are:

Genghis Khan vs The Easter Bunny
Michael Jackson vs Elvis
Abe Lincoln vs Chuck Norris
Hulk Hogan vs Kim Jong-Il
Master Chief vs Leonidas
Einstein vs Stephen Hawking
Yeah, those were all good. Also Mr Rogers vs Mr T.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102620 on: March 29, 2013, 09:11:20 pm »

Is a rap battle between Bill gates and Steve jobs. Obviously, as a rap battle, involves swearing.

Gates should have focused on gaming. PC hands down beats Mac in that area. It's like politics: you never beat your enemy by debating the issues the way they framed it, you have to stick to your own narrative.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #102621 on: March 29, 2013, 09:20:34 pm »

Demi Baguettes + block of X-Sharp Cheddar = awesome.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #102622 on: March 29, 2013, 09:24:00 pm »

Gates should have focused on gaming. PC hands down beats Mac in that area. It's like politics: you never beat your enemy by debating the issues the way they framed it, you have to stick to your own narrative.

I thought it was one of the few that wasn't too one-sided.  Gates did fine, he just wasn't portrayed as cool and collected as Jobs.  Of course, that's just true to life.  Apple finally succeeded because it gained mastery over its own image.  But on the other hand, there was one weak moment where Jobs says "People use your devices to sit down and do their taxes.  People use my devices to listen to the Beatles while they relax." and my instant mental response was "Wait, so what you're saying is your products are toys, while your opponents products are more than that.  And how is that supposed to be a point in your favor?..."  I so badly wanted Gates to capitalize on that.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102623 on: March 29, 2013, 09:30:39 pm »

Strip them down to the guts, and for the cost, a PC will win every time. Doesn't hurt that I don't like MacOS. Meh.

Honestly, I'm surprised that no one brought up Tesla v Edison. It was meh, but if they really extrapolated it to the beef that the two men should have had, it would be four hours long and involve $50 million worth of electricity.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:39:46 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102624 on: March 29, 2013, 09:42:32 pm »

Strip them down to the guts, and for the cost, a PC will win every time. Doesn't hurt that I don't like MacOS. Meh.

Honestly, I'm surprised that no one brought up Tesla v Edison. It was meh, but if they really extrapolated it to the beef that the two men should have had, it would be four hours long and involve $50 million worth of electricity.

When Tesla does a light show, Tesla does a fucking light show.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #102625 on: March 29, 2013, 09:46:50 pm »

I liked Tesla vs Edison.  I thought it was one of their better ones, but not one of their best.  A solid 85/100 B grade.  Though I might change my mind if I re-watch it.  Haven't seen it since the day of release.  Meanwhile I've ripped everything up to Michael Jackson vs Elvis to my music library and have listened to my favorites a bunch of times.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102626 on: March 29, 2013, 09:52:57 pm »

The best one thus far, in my opinion, was Bruce Lee/Clint Eastwood. It was witty, Bruce is owned pretty hard in the ending, and the visual effects were pretty good. The best performance thus far has been Shakespeare. Damn.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102627 on: March 29, 2013, 09:54:08 pm »

The best one thus far, in my opinion, was Bruce Lee/Clint Eastwood. It was witty, Bruce is owned pretty hard in the ending, and the visual effects were pretty good. The best performance thus far has been Shakespeare. Damn.

Shakespeare totally destroyed when he rhymed that fast. "Oh, you can rhyme in ABAB? Bitch, I'm RAPPING in IAMBIC PENTAMETER. You think I can't fucking RHYME IN ABAB FASTER THAN YOU?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102629 on: March 29, 2013, 10:05:19 pm »

That... that thing they're sitting on. That... vaguely asymmetrical thing. It's beautiful ;_;

Boxes are neat, too. Particularly like the throwing star tops :P Or I guess flowers if you're being a boring old fuddy duddy. Which is to say they're retroactively ninja stars now and you're welcome. It looks like there's still space for a top on the one on the right. Katana? Or I guess one of the shorter ones or something more exotic, but still. Ninja themed origami boxes of awesome! 95% guarantee to not contain poison gas.

Hehe, I glad y'all like 'em.  The thing they're sitting on is my mom's tablecloth.  She's pretty eccentric and wonderful.

You're right, they're stars--throwing or otherwise :3  I like the purple one best, myself.

The one on the right is rather plain, I agree, but the guy went "my favorite color is white" so I got out my white paper with designs on and made him a box.  I'm actually thinking about swapping out the blue, though, because apparently it's the wrong shade... have to pick something else with patterns that will look good.  And then, the patterns will look like ass if they get folded into anything in particular (and I'm lacking in white paper), so that dude got himself stuck with plainness Mcplainbox.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 6840 6841 [6842] 6843 6844 ... 13325