Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6805 6806 [6807] 6808 6809 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15761105 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102090 on: March 22, 2013, 10:31:16 am »

A bandit who intentionally sets himself on fire and runs at you. His special move is to tackle you and burn you. Every turn he has to roll. If he fails, he dies because he's on fucking fire.

I really like the concept. It's even better then the one in Borderlands because it acknowledges the tactic is insane.
There is an enemy in Far Cry 3 that is essentially this. They don't set themselves on fire intentionally, but because they're covered in molotovs and extremely drunk because they drink most of them, anything but a headshot results in them bursting into flames and running at you.

They're a very interesting enemy out of that as well, since they are also too drunk to have any concept of Danger Close, and will gleefully set you, their friends, your friends, wild animals, plant life, and unfortunately placed buildings on fire as they constantly throw molotovs without any regard for anyone's safety.

On that note, Far Cry 3 is an amazing game.
My dad picked that up the other day. Can't wait until he declares himself "done" with it so I can give it a whirl.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102091 on: March 22, 2013, 10:33:13 am »

A bandit who intentionally sets himself on fire and runs at you. His special move is to tackle you and burn you. Every turn he has to roll. If he fails, he dies because he's on fucking fire.

I really like the concept. It's even better then the one in Borderlands because it acknowledges the tactic is insane.
There is an enemy in Far Cry 3 that is essentially this. They don't set themselves on fire intentionally, but because they're covered in molotovs and extremely drunk because they drink most of them, anything but a headshot results in them bursting into flames and running at you.

They're a very interesting enemy out of that as well, since they are also too drunk to have any concept of Danger Close, and will gleefully set you, their friends, your friends, wild animals, plant life, and unfortunately placed buildings on fire as they constantly throw molotovs without any regard for anyone's safety.

On that note, Far Cry 3 is an amazing game.

Funnily enough, I have another bandit that's similar, one who uses molotovs, pipe bombs and grenade launchers. The ones who set themselves on fire are meant to be exact opposites in technique. I'm personally looking forward to showing them off. I wonder who's going to be more freaked out: the other, saner bandits or the players. Far Cry 3 apparently combined them.

I must try Far Cry 3 out. It sounds like a good game. I like the spiraling insanity idea behind it: it sounds like my kinda gig.

Pyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102092 on: March 22, 2013, 10:59:58 am »

Going to see Lindsey Stirling on the 3rd. *girlish squee*
I agree, most of us can't make singing rockets either. Unless you count them screaming through the atmosphere towards a fiery doom as singing.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #102093 on: March 22, 2013, 12:07:20 pm »

Going to see Lindsey Stirling on the 3rd. *girlish squee*

Oooh I am jelly! Hope she performs Shadows.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #102094 on: March 22, 2013, 01:32:31 pm »

Have a second interview with an accounting firm. Please.... Please....

I hate being an attorney. It is a soul and wallet sucking hell the likes of which I will never fully tell you.

My "boss" or rather the attorney I am doing some jobs for, is suggesting I start yelling right back at the clients, because "you're not half bad at it." [sigh]

Numbers, numbers I can deal with. People, are god damn crazy.

Please let me get this job. I'll never step foot in another courthouse so long as I live if I do. Please.

Also, god, hi, I know I've been actively ignoring you and pissing you off for a while if several people are to believed (gay), but give me the grace not to laugh my ass off when the interviewer asks me, "But why would you ever want to stop being a lawyer...?" :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:36:03 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102095 on: March 22, 2013, 01:35:28 pm »

I'll never step foot in another courthouse so long as I live if I do.
Except for jury duty :P

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #102096 on: March 22, 2013, 01:36:27 pm »

I'm not registered to vote and I never will be :P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102097 on: March 22, 2013, 01:37:59 pm »

You have bested me, lady :)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102098 on: March 22, 2013, 01:44:33 pm »

Actually, that particular rule varies by region.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102099 on: March 22, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »

Also, god, hi, I know I've been actively ignoring you and pissing you off for a while if several people are to believed (gay), but give me the grace not to laugh my ass off when the interviewer asks me, "But why would you ever want to stop being a lawyer...?" :P

Don't worry, He Forgives thee.

(Forgiveness credits remaining: 489)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102100 on: March 22, 2013, 01:47:05 pm »

Actually, that particular rule varies by region.
Yeah, but if Truean's never been called in before, it's unlikely that she will in the future.

I, on the other hand, have been called in twice, made it to the actual courtroom twice. Never got chosen to serve though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102101 on: March 22, 2013, 01:47:12 pm »

I. . . almost sigged that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #102102 on: March 22, 2013, 01:58:05 pm »

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102103 on: March 22, 2013, 02:04:43 pm »

Wat.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102104 on: March 22, 2013, 02:05:58 pm »

Bahahahaha.

Pages: 1 ... 6805 6806 [6807] 6808 6809 ... 13325